+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BB&B Logo Contest

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

BB&B Logo Contest

If you are graphically inclined, this is the contest for you!

Bulldog Barks & Bytes is looking for a new logo and we would like to see what your ideas are. We know that there are some creative people here on the site and we would like to tap our resources and give you an opportunity to contribute back to the site.

What we are looking for is a new site logo that can be used on our website for banners, signs for promotional events, correspondence, etc. While we will never lose the logo on the top left of all our banners because it was put together by one of our own, we are looking for something more.

About the only guidance we are going to give is that we would like for it to include the website address of www.LaTechBBB.com in some way. This is the best way to direct people to our site. We would also like for it to have a more horizontal layout than vertical so it can be incorporated into banners easily.

We would like to have your submissions of logo(s) by Friday, June 16th at 5:00 Ruston Time.

Who to send them to: Submit your entry, or entries, to techdawgfan@latechbbb.com Include BB&B Logo Contest Submission in the subject line of your e-mail. Also include you real name and BB&B username in the text of your e-mail along with any comments you may have.

Format: We would like to have the designs in Photoshop format with layers, if possible. Other formats will be accepted, but this makes it easier for us. If you use a background color, please put it on a separate layer. We will need the logo to have transparency so it can be placed on various background colors.

Size: Keep file size in mind. Not everyone has high speed connections and we don't want page load to be too long. You may want to have a couple of entries with simple and then complex, larger designs. Keep in mind that what we use on the website may be different than what we use on signage.

Colors: If you are using the official colors of Tech, I only know the Blue which is #000099. Someone please chime in with the Red.

Copyrights: Do not use any copyrighted material unless you have received permission.

Prize: If we choose your design, we will award you with a $50 gift certificate to Maxwell's Grocery. Shipping, if required, will be taken care of as well. If no logos are selected, we will not be awarding the prize.

Questions: If you have any questions, please respond to this thread or PM me.

I am not good with graphics so I may have butchered some of this. I would appreciate any suggestions or comments from those of you who are.

Thanks!

Chris

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Re: BB&B Logo Contest

you did fine in your post haha . . . i'll get to it . . .

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Colors: If you are using the official colors of Tech, I only know the Blue which is #000099. Someone please chime in with the Red.
    Actually Chris, the official Tech colors are as follows.

Official Tech Red - #FF0000 RGB= 255 0 0
    Official Reflex Blue- #002F8B RGB= 0 47 139

These colors are fine for a logo, but are not reccommended for website colors....they are too bright. That's why Tech's page has navy and dark red for it's colors.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Thanks for the clarification! I do know we are using the 000099 for the blue here.

Chris

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

You're welcome....yeah these colors aren't as bright. I made a page with Tech's official colors and it hurt my eyes. But like I said, in a logo they will be fine.

You don't have to use the official colors. We would rather it blend with what we have because this is pretty easy of the eyes.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

see when i went to save what i have done it gave me a warning about web colors so i'll darken the colors a lil bit

Puppy comngroundsaudio has turned a few heads around herecomngroundsaudio has turned a few heads around here

this sounds like a lot of fun. :c)
    I appreciate the color #s!

i'll get on this, any particular size(s)?

yea thats what i was wondering too

Puppy comngroundsaudio has turned a few heads around herecomngroundsaudio has turned a few heads around here

here's number one... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by comngroundsaudio
    here's number one... for now.
    Are you licensed to use the Tech logo?

thats the porblem i am havin now is not using the tech logo since it is a trademark

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

That looks cool Mike. Good work. What did that take you... 3 minutes?!? HAHA

Chris is this the style of things that your looking for?? Any details of things that you would like to see would be helpful.

I think we need to check on the use of the logo. I would think that since we are pretty clear that we are not associated in any way with the official Tech sites and since we have been doing a fair bit to help support athletics, they may be willing to cut us some slack. But we'll have to chase that rabbit down ourselves.

As far Mike's logo goes, I want to say that I am really impressed! It definately shows my own lack of creativity. I mean, I would have never thought to use the picture of a bulldog in place of the Bulldog in "Bulldog Barks & Bytes" I guess that's why I'm an engineer - I think in straight lines perfect curves!

Now, with that being said, I think something like this would be great for the website. I might have some concern if we removed the 01 background to put on a solid for some style with how the glow would look. But aside from that, I think it looks good. The main problem is the use of it for signage. The more colors that are used, the higher the printing costs. This would would probably not be cheap! But PLEASE don't take that as meaning I don't like it. It just helps to emphasize to me that we may need 2 logos - one for the website and another for signage. If we design for signage, the web "flare" will be lost and if we design for web, the signage gets too complicated.

What is more important, though, is what the rest of the community thinks. Whatever logo or design we come settle on need to be catchy enough to get some attention. I think this one does that.

Y'all keep working and send me some more. Remember that I'm not the only one who will be giving opinions, so you may want to wait for Dwayne, Martie, Joey, and the rest of the Admin and Moderation team to comment before you run off changing or redoing anything. Remember as well that you can definately submit more than one design!

Chris

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Too Busy for me. It needs to be usable. That looks good, but if you put it on a shirt or sign there is too much. Just my $0.02.

+ Reply to Thread