+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Bill

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Immigration Bill

Here is an interesting view of the Senate Immigration bill from one who has actually read it.

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15165

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Immigration Bill

I didn't read the article, but Sessions was on Hannity and Colmes last night. He RAILED this bill. I have to admit I agree with him.

CORRECTION: It was Hannity's radio show. I listen to both on Sirius and got them mixed up.

If you're going to grant amnesty, grant amnesty. That after three years, some process starts or less than two return shortly to you country to apply and blah blah...

If you're going to secure the border, secure it. Build a damn fence, don't build 300 something miles of one. Hire enough border guards, don't hope to hire more within 5 years.

It's just plain weak.
    Last edited by duckbillplatty; 05-26-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

This bill is more than weak. I believe it is truly subversive to the citizens of this country. It is a complete sell out by the Senate and the president. The fact that this legislation was approved by our elected officials is a sign that our government is no longer working for us, but for special interests and big business. How could they put a provision in this requiring local and state governments to consult with the Mexican government prior to building any fencing or before taking any security actions. Why are we turning our sovereignty over to Mexico? With the 100 million estimated new immigrants coming to the United States over the next 20 years if this bill goes through, we are going to BE Mexico. Our social services are going to collapse under the weight of this. I felt like throwing up as I watched our government officials fawning over Vincente Fox this week, when he is about as subversive to the United States as one can get. I am beginning to believe he has some dirt on Bush with the way Bush just gets spineless around him. Thank goodness the House is promising to dig in their heels against this bill.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Buzdawg

You are right on about the bill and the spineless Senate. I hope the House has a lot more sense on this issue. I particularly agree with your choice of words, "subversive". It is not the first time that word should have been used in recent history describing the actions of our elected officials.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Hcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG
    This bill is more than weak. I believe it is truly subversive to the citizens of this country. It is a complete sell out by the Senate and the president.
    The fact that this legislation was approved by our elected officials is a sign that our government is no longer working for us, but for special interests and big business. How could they put a provision in this requiring local and state governments to consult with the Mexican government prior to building any fencing or before taking any security actions. Why are we turning our sovereignty over to Mexico? With the 100 million estimated new immigrants coming to the United States over the next 20 years if this bill goes through, we are going to BE Mexico. Our social services are going to collapse under the weight of this. I felt like throwing up as I watched our government officials fawning over Vincente Fox this week, when he is about as subversive to the United States as one can get. I am beginning to believe he has some dirt on Bush with the way Bush just gets spineless around him. Thank goodness the House is promising to dig in their heels against this bill.

You sound surprised.:icon_roll
    La.Tech " A women's basketball school, Like it or not!"

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

This bill is more than weak. I believe it is truly subversive to the citizens of this country. It is a complete sell out by the Senate and the president. The fact that this legislation was approved by our elected officials is a sign that our government is no longer working for us, but for special interests and big business. How could they put a provision in this requiring local and state governments to consult with the Mexican government prior to building any fencing or before taking any security actions. Why are we turning our sovereignty over to Mexico? With the 100 million estimated new immigrants coming to the United States over the next 20 years if this bill goes through, we are going to BE Mexico. Our social services are going to collapse under the weight of this. I felt like throwing up as I watched our government officials fawning over Vincente Fox this week, when he is about as subversive to the United States as one can get. I am beginning to believe he has some dirt on Bush with the way Bush just gets spineless around him. Thank goodness the House is promising to dig in their heels against this bill.
    I'm disgusted by both the Democrats and Republicans in the Senate who voted for this immigration bill. Totally agree with your post. The current laws need to be enforced. GWB took an oath to do just that but he isn't. Big Business wants cheap foreign labor in the USA and they don't care about the long-term consequences.

I'm afraid it is up to the conservative Republicans in the House to stop this insanity. Hopefully, the House Democrats will support them.

Illegal immigrates are illegal and should be deported.
    Secure our borders, Mr. President!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    I'm disgusted by both the Democrats and Republicans in the Senate who voted for this immigration bill. Totally agree with your post. The current laws need to be enforced. GWB took an oath to do just that but he isn't. Big Business wants cheap foreign labor in the USA and they don't care about the long-term consequences.

I'm afraid it is up to the conservative Republicans in the House to stop this insanity. Hopefully, the House Democrats will support them.

Illegal immigrates are illegal and should be deported.
    Secure our borders, Mr. President!

Salty

I'm shocked! I figured you would have gotten in line with the Dems trying to get enough votes out of these guys to overthrow the Reps. Anyway, I'm in full agreement with you on this bill. I will admit it right now that I am very disapointed in the Reps in the senate that voted for this bill.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I have to admit I am somewhat surprised at the lack of outrage on this board about the passing of the Senate immigration bill. Are you folks up to speed on what is contained in this bill and the potential outcomes for the American people? I have been emailing people in Congress like a crazy person voicing my disapproval of this legislation. What do you all think about it? I am so upset I am thinking about becoming a republican. Seriously, being a republican is the only way I could vote in a primary to oust Sam Brownback, who voted for this. I guess I am surprised because, usually, people on BB&B get pretty worked up about things and take a very conservative view toward government. So, the one time I expect to be on the same page with everyone else, nobody is talking. Have I missed something?

Buzdawg

We all should be outraged over the Senate's passing of this bill. I'm not sure your becoming a republican would do the trick as quite a few republicans voted for this bill! Although I wouldn't discourage anyone from leaning more conservatively, it seems that republican in this case doesn't necessarily mean conservative.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I have to admit I am somewhat surprised at the lack of outrage on this board about the passing of the Senate immigration bill. Are you folks up to speed on what is contained in this bill and the potential outcomes for the American people? I have been emailing people in Congress like a crazy person voicing my disapproval of this legislation. What do you all think about it? I am so upset I am thinking about becoming a republican. Seriously, being a republican is the only way I could vote in a primary to oust Sam Brownback, who voted for this. I guess I am surprised because, usually, people on BB&B get pretty worked up about things and take a very conservative view toward government. So, the one time I expect to be on the same page with everyone else, nobody is talking. Have I missed something?
    The reason why the neo-con wing-nuts on this board have not gotten up in arms about this Senate bill is because they are GWB's lap dogs. Since GWB is behind this legislation they can't muster up the courage to speak out against him. So they suffer in silence, brooding constantly about mindless baloney like Al Gore's carbon footprint or Hillary's hair style, as if they have discover the axis around which the world revolves.

Secretly, they all hate the idea of this Senate bill becoming the law of the land.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I've gotten a little aggrivated with this immigration stuff. I think to many people are looking south. Mexicans are still far down on the list of our threats.

*cough* *cough*

(from http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp)

We need to secure both borders and our ports.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Yeah, the one time we caught a terrorist crossing our border, it was from Canada. And during Clinton. Which is why I guess no one ever mentions it.

A huge fence will do nothing. Enforcing laws will do nothing except drive up prices. Have you ever talked to someone who hires illegal mexicans to do work for them? I have, and they say they work faster than the people they have to pay a legal minimum wage, and do just as good work. Now, since they are illegal, I dont think they should be afforded the same rights as us. But I do think they should be allowed to work without a fear of deportation. The only problem is that this creates a kind of second-class citizen- one who is allowed to live here but has no rights. And creating a Worker-Citizen class, with maybe a lowered minimum wage and some basic rights does the same thing.

So it's a struggle between human rights and allowing immigrants in here legally as citizens, just as all our ancestors were, and cheap efficient labor.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

daybreaker, check out the rules that Mexico has in place for becoming a citizen of their country...you can't! You cannot ever become eligible for their benefits and have to "invest" a very large sum of money in their economy to gain legal residence rights which only give you the right to live in their country, not vote, get any assistance from monetarially or otherwise. How unfair is that?!!!?? As soon as they (Mexico) changes their laws then the illegals can march for their rights..until then screw them. My neighbors have a summer home in mexico where a bunch of older , wealthier people have retired and they love it but would never give up their home in the US as the gov't. in Mexico is way too unstable. I say that no illegal can become legal under any circumstance nor should they be eligible for any of our benefits. They can work here but that's it. Here's another one for you, the Mexican government is telling people to go to America and almost 10% (in some estimates)of the Mexican population have done just that. Where do we draw the line? I say we draw it with a big fence and stricter laws against illegals.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg
    daybreaker, check out the rules that Mexico has in place for becoming a citizen of their country...you can't! You cannot ever become eligible for their benefits and have to "invest" a very large sum of money in their economy to gain legal residence rights which only give you the right to live in their country, not vote, get any assistance from monetarially or otherwise. How unfair is that?!!!?? As soon as they (Mexico) changes their laws then the illegals can march for their rights..until then screw them. My neighbors have a summer home in mexico where a bunch of older , wealthier people have retired and they love it but would never give up their home in the US as the gov't. in Mexico is way too unstable. I say that no illegal can become legal under any circumstance nor should they be eligible for any of our benefits. They can work here but that's it. Here's another one for you, the Mexican government is telling people to go to America and almost 10% (in some estimates)of the Mexican population have done just that. Where do we draw the line? I say we draw it with a big fence and stricter laws against illegals.

GREAT POST MARKETDAWG!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration/border problems?

From a friend:

A win win win situation.

1. Dig a moat along the entire length of the Mexican border
    2. use the dirt to raise the levies in New Orleans
    3. put the Florida/Louisiana alligators into the moat.

Any other problems you would like me to solve?

+ Reply to Thread