+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS Regional teams - No LSU!

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

CWS Regional teams - No LSU!

The 16 regional sites have been set and the 64 teams in the mens baseball tourney have been chosen.
    Tulane is the #2 in the Ole Miss regional. They will play South Alabama.
    Hawaii is #3 in the Oregon State regional. They will play Kansas.
    Fresno State is the #2 in the Fullerton regional. They will play San Diego.

For the first time since 1988, LSU has not made it to the tourney.

Good luck to the WAC teams I hope one of them can make it to Omaha, and, of course, congrats to our Dawgs for an outstanding 2006 season!

Here's the ESPN link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2462121

TF!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: CWS Regional teams - No LSU!

I was reading the article in yesterday's TNS and saw where LSU expected them and Miss State to get in. I was just laughing. All I got to say is "shucks."

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

I thought this was hilarious... As of 8:30 p.m. Monday, this was the latest story The Times Picayune had on their Web site...

Tigers making travel plans

Laval wants team to stop pressing
    Monday, May 29, 2006By William Kalec
    Staff writer
    BATON ROUGE -- For the first time in his head-coaching tenure at LSU, Smoke Laval spent the NCAA baseball selection show eve trying to answer the question "Where are we going?" instead of "Who is coming here?" as Alex Box Stadium wasn't on the regional host list -- but five other Southeastern Conference schools were in that number.

Since Tulane wasn't selected as a regional host (a logical spot for LSU to have traveled) Sunday, Laval spent the announcement's aftermath attempting to connect the RPI and geographic dots on the Internet, forecasting where the Tigers might be shipped for the regional round of the NCAA Tournament.

LSU's itinerary will be released late this morning, though reactions won't be immediately available. Insisting his team needs to calm down and take things step-by-step, Laval intends to inform every player about the logistical details and statistical breakdowns about the trip and opponents before allowing them to speak to the media.
    Laval said it's different than the normal procedure but relevant as far as instilling a slower, less frantic pace.

Ever since midway through the SEC regular-season schedule, LSU players were forced to perform with a heightened sense of urgency to qualify for the conference tournament. After losses Thursday and Friday at the SEC tournament in Hoover, Ala., Laval said the grind is taking a toll on several players.

"We're trying to do too much," Laval said. "It's a lot of guys trying to do too much. Just slow down. Take a guy like (Quinn) Stewart. You might wonder what happened to this guy? Did he lose his eyesight? Not eat enough carrots? No, it's none of that. He knows we're slumping offensively, and he thinks he needs to hit a 17-run homer. All we're looking for is for him to get on base. Keep an inning alive.
    "But subconsciously you think that and you press, and it's coming from the guys we count on. You see guys like J.T. Wise and (Matt) Liuzza and (they) start to say, 'I got to do this. It's up to me.' "Just slow down."

Laval said he'll use pitcher junior Clay Dirks in the regional opener.
    Despite offering a two-inning outing in the SEC tournament, Laval said the postseason experience freshman pitcher Louis Coleman received should assist in easing the adjustment to performing in a regional atmosphere.
    "You can tell them until you're blue in the face, 'This, this, this and this.' They still have to see it. So, now there's a vision," Laval said. "They'll know where you're going to stay, how you do things, how you take BP. You'd like to play at home, but it all depends where you go. Some parks might be made for us. We may go to a place where the wind blows in, and you just throw strikes.

"This club seems to be a little more at ease on the road. It was the same way last year -- for no apparent reason."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just shows how arrogant "LSpoo nation" is.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Alright guys this would be a little more sweet if we were in. No need to start gloating.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Alright guys this would be a little more sweet if we were in. No need to start gloating.
    SWEET!!!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

So, do you think there will be a follow up story?????
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

CWS predictions for the mentioned teams...

Fresno - Lose to Cal State Fulerton
    Hawaii - Lose to Oregon State
    Tulane - Beat Ole Miss

JFord

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    I was reading the article in yesterday's TNS and saw where LSU expected them and Miss State to get in. I was just laughing. All I got to say is "shucks."
    think i heard/read where Miss State dispite not getting in the SEC tourney was selected over lsu . .. . oh yeah . .. think i also heard/read that the tourney chairman is a Mississippi state guy. If true, and i dislike lsu as much as anyone, this would reak bad.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    think i heard/read where Miss State dispite not getting in the SEC tourney was selected over lsu . .. . oh yeah . .. think i also heard/read that the tourney chairman is a Mississippi state guy. If true, and i dislike lsu as much as anyone, this would reak bad.
    If you are suggesting Lspoo got screwed.....good!

Besides, we beat Miss State, so I hope they advance to Omaha.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    If you are suggesting Lspoo got screwed.....good!

Besides, we beat Miss State, so I hope they advance to Omaha.
    LOL yeah, thats what im suggesting . . .. . . and you're right . .. LIFE IS GOOD if tech had made it, life would have been GREAT

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    Tournament Chair is the MSU AD. They are supposed to leave the room when discussing their own team...wink wink

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I don't care about LSU. I just am looking forward to the day when the Tech Bulldogs return to the college baseball tournament and make some noise. We were THE team in Louisiana for a long time, but that was a long time ago. We made some progress this year. I just want to ratchet it on up.

Meanwhile, good luck to Fresno, Hawaii and all the teams we beat during the regular season which made it to the college world series.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy
    Tournament Chair is the MSU AD. They are supposed to leave the room when discussing their own team...wink wink
    looked at both Msu's and lsu's out of conference wins/loss's vs out of converence, lsu had quite a bit more. Head to head, Msu won their series. I guess thats how its justified.

the interview from "the box" were priceless yesterday

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

If I figured it right, we went 10-12 against 8 teams that made the tourney. The only team that made the tourney that we didn't beat was Arkansas.

+ Reply to Thread