+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CWS Regional teams - No LSU!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: CWS Regional teams - No LSU!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Alright guys this would be a little more sweet if we were in. No need to start gloating.

Yeah, you're right. But a friend of mine who is a big Ole Miss fan listened to the lswho broadcast of the Ala game. As soon as the game was over, the lswho guys started talking about going home and getting ready for the regionals. This is a team who lost two of their last three to Fla and who only backed into the SEC tourney because Ole Miss beat Miss St. The next day, the lswho Times has an article stating that an early out in the SEC tournament was perhaps the best thing that could have happened to lswho because it would give them time to rest their young, inexperienced pitchers before the regionals started. They would have a chance to regroup. The thing is, they looked like crap, which I thoroughly enjoyed, against Ala. Then Ala looked like crap against Ole Miss. Lswho did absolutely nothing to deserve a spot in playoffs this year. It would have been horrible if they had gotten a bid based on their name alone. We might not be back up there yet, but at least we don't have to listen to all that lswho crap for a while.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I'm not sad that LSU didn't make the tourney by any means, but I do feel that they were snubbed. Miss St. did not even make the SEC tourney. LSU made it and beat a good Alabama team. I heard the Miss St. AD say that the way they started the season helped them at 18-0. After 18 games, LSU was 16-2. We are comparing apples to apples. I feel that LSU should have made nto the tourney over Miss St., but hey, life ain't always fair.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Lsu nation will gripe and moan until there are more teams in the Tournament so that this type of situation won't happen again for the bcs programs.

Varsity Bulldog DDTigerFan is on the way down DDTigerFan's Avatar

Oh well, if this is what it takes for Skip to fire Smoke than it all works out. Plus, I didn't feel like watching Smoke embarass himself anymore this season.

Oh and good luck in your regional guys....oh thats right, you didn't make it either. As atobulldog said "shucks."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    Oh and good luck in your regional guys....oh thats right, you didn't make it either. As atobulldog said "shucks."
    Trying to make yourself feel better I see.
    Tech-Overachieve
    LSU-Underachieve
    All that needs to be said.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    Lsu nation will gripe and moan until there are more teams in the Tournament so that this type of situation won't happen again for the bcs programs.
    You got that right. Kitty titty babies!

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    think i heard/read where Miss State dispite not getting in the SEC tourney was selected over lsu . .. . oh yeah . .. think i also heard/read that the tourney chairman is a Mississippi state guy. If true, and i dislike lsu as much as anyone, this would reak bad.
    chou,

there's actually a precedent for this. in fact, i think it happened last year, too. the no. 9 team in the sec got into the regional, while the no. 8 didn't. they also take into account rpi, and state had a much better non-conference schedule than lsu. state limped home, but so did lsu. i did figure, though, that the opening round win over bama clinched a spot for lsu. but i was wrong!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    chou,

there's actually a precedent for this. in fact, i think it happened last year, too. the no. 9 team in the sec got into the regional, while the no. 8 didn't. they also take into account rpi, and state had a much better non-conference schedule than lsu. state limped home, but so did lsu. i did figure, though, that the opening round win over bama clinched a spot for lsu. but i was wrong!
    Well if you actually took the time to research what you said you would know that LSU had a better strength of schedule than Mississippi State as it ranked #23 while MSU had a ranking of 33.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

All I know is lswho is going to stay home.

As is Tech!
    Difference is this is new to LSU while Tech wouldn't know anything about playin ball in June.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

We were playing in June when skip bertman was learning how to find second base.

I would love for lswho to have the balls to play TECH the next two years. lswho will never be the team they used to be in baseball.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    I would love for lswho to have the balls to play TECH the next two years. lswho will never be the team they used to be in baseball.
    As long as JO is at Tech, LSU will not play Tech in baseball. By the way, DDTiger, ranking and SOS are two different things.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    Well if you actually took the time to research what you said you would know that LSU had a better strength of schedule than Mississippi State as it ranked #23 while MSU had a ranking of 33.
    Actually, MSU got in because they had the balls to play TECH!

+ Reply to Thread