+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a thought to ponder . . .

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Re: a thought to ponder . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    All a thinking person has to do is look at NOLA to see that welfare and subsidized housing bring people down instead of building people up.
    There it is dayquaker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    There it is dayquaker!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Welfare and subsidized houseing are not the problem. Abuses of the system are. When you see someone with $5000 rims who is on welfare, thats a problem. The system needs reform, not to be abolished. When someone breaks an arm, you dont put them to death. You fix the arm.

edit: also, someone gave me a red dot for the post where I quoted champ, with the comment "dumbass"... who's the dumbass, the guy who debunks false info, or the guy who re-posts for the third time information that has been proven false for 4 years? Maybe there's some correlation between the fact that you call someone giving facts a "dumbass" and the way you guys seem to blindly follow the president.
    Last edited by daybreaker2; 06-01-2006 at 10:05 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Welfare and subsidized houseing are not the problem. Abuses of the system are. When you see someone with $5000 rims who is on welfare, thats a problem. The system needs reform, not to be abolished. When someone breaks an arm, you dont put them to death. You fix the arm.
    That is correct and about 80% (WAG) of the people in this country would agree with you. The abuses are there. We all know that. There are abuses in most private businesses and large corporations, as well. They all cost us money (see Enron), however, people like to pick this one program as an example to pick on. It is "in vogue" right now to say abolish welfare.

Of course, welfare is a VERY broad area. When it comes to the details, most people do NOT want to abolish it. Is it the SSI, SS, Medicaid, Medicare, subsidized housing, work training programs, mental health care, medical health care, food stamps, WIC, etc... that people want to abolish? Which one? How much of it? All of them? Do you want to take away programs from the people that work 40 hours a week for minimum wage? After all, they have to use those programs in this country. How about the disabled? Should we just kill off every poor person in the country? That is what you would be doing, if these programs were abolished.

OR do you want to clean them up? Privatize them? Depend on charity? There is not near enough money in charity to pay for housing, medical, or even food right now. I don't think you can depend on the wealthy to carry that full load and the middle class is shrinking. Privatization? Look at mental health in Texas. They tried it. It failed and they continue to go forward, even though the experts say that it is getting worse with no chance in the long run.

If all the "welfare" programs were abolished, we look a LOT like a 3rd World country. The poor would be in the streets (even more so than now). The disabled would have no chance at all. They would starve in front of us on our way to work. The ghettos would not have any gov't money, so you would see the homeless increase 10 fold. Are you ready for hundreds of starving children to run at your car begging for money or a hand out? Could your Christian conscience deal with that?

So, I would really like for those that state they want to get rid of "welfare" to be specific about what they want. Instead of stating "welfare", could you just state the program that you want to get rid of? There really isn't a such program as "welfare". It is a broad description of many programs that are provided for the poor.

Now, I DO agree with cleaning them up. I think we should do something about that very tiny percentage of abuses in the system. I, also, think we should clean up some other things that costs the American taxpayer a LOT more money than the abuses of these programs.

I believe that we should clean up some of this. I believe that we should help those that are able return to work. We should train them (remember the help a man to fish verse?). Getting rid of these programs not only takes away the fish CRUMBS, it takes away any chance of teaching anyone to fish.
    Last edited by champion110; 06-01-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    When you see someone with $5000 rims who is on welfare, thats a problem. The system needs reform, not to be abolished.
    Very true!

+ Reply to Thread