+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

[WARNING. A major rant follows. After doing well in football and basketball, I thought we would have faired better.]

The results for this year's Commissioner's Cup are out and once again Tech is stinking it up, finishing second to last for the fourth year in a row. For the story and results, here is the link:

http://www.wacsports.com/view_article.asp?id=3718

It is unbelieveable to me that we have done this poorly four years in a row. Part of the problem is we don't field teams in five sports, but that still doesn't mean we should be at the bottom of the standings year in and year out. This year Nevada finished second, and they don't field teams in four of the sports.

Hopefully, next year will be better. Men's golf should be much better than dead last, baseball should have a good year, and hopefully soccer and volleyball should fare better. But they might have to make up for a drop in men's basketball and football.

BTW, why don't we have women's cross country? We are the only team that doesn't!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: 2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Re: 2005-06 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Thanks, Chris, for pointing out what I so obviously missed!

I am glad I am not the only one that is disappointed in how we are fairing overall as an athletic program.

+ Reply to Thread