+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW PARTY

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

NEW PARTY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marketdawg
    That's exactly right. the article states that both parties aren't getting the job done. the most important part of the article (in my opinion) was the statement that we are ready for a real leader; be that leader republican or democrat. I'm a registered rep. but will cross party lines in a heartbeat if there is a better candidate on the dem side. Actually MSNBC had a test that you could take on the site one time that supposedly detirmined whether you were a dem or rep.. It asked about 100 or so sociological questions and gave you the results at the end. I finished almost dead in the middle, not really dem and not really rep. The article began by blasting Bush and the reps. so don't get all worked up as if I had posted this as an anti dem thread. Touchy! Touchy! Touchy!

Not worked up at all. Just a hard day....... I am better now.

Some wouldn't believe this, but I came out in the middle, as well. :icon_wink
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: NEW PARTY

Varsity Bulldog

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/image...ine=1148152515

Re: Nifty Article
    I believe it. Drawing a line in the sand and saying, "Cross this line and you're a dead man (with that Clint Eastwood tone)" is no way to solve a political process. Let's start a political party called the Practicalist Party. Hey! What a great idea...LET'S START A THREAD THAT BEGINS WITH THE DEFINITION OF PRACTICAL (PRACTICALITY) and set up some ground rules before starting the normal negativity "(No more negative vibes Moriarty" from Kelly's Heroes). Seriously, a thread describing 5 (no more than 5 or I'll jump through this computer screen and strangle you in Rep. vs. Dem. style) of the most pressing matters on the political horizon today. A poll could be taken as to what the most pressing matters are at this point and we go from there. No Dem. vs. Rep. crap getting in the way. We have to think of the most practical means to an end and go from there... and we can't bring party politics into it as we are all Practicalist at heart. New Thread, let's roll!

a : of, relating to, or manifested in practice or action : not theoretical or ideal <a practical question> <for all practical purposes> b : being such in practice or effect : VIRTUAL <a practical failure>
    2 : actively engaged in some course of action or occupation <a practical farmer>
    3 : capable of being put to use or account : USEFUL <he had a practical knowledge of French>
    4 a : disposed to action as opposed to speculation or abstraction b (1) : qualified by practice or practical training <a good practical mechanic> (2) : designed to supplement theoretical training by experience
    5 : concerned with voluntary action and ethical decisions <practical reason>

Re: a thought to ponder . . .
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rooster
    I do not feel bad or regret voting for Bush. I do agree that he has made some bad decisions, but that is my opinion. I don't think Kerry would do a better job than Bush, obviously that is what America thought when they put Bush in the white house. It was just an email sent to me, I didn't go research all of the statements. They may or may not be true. I was just a thought to ponder.

daybreaker 2 - are you a democrat?

Not really a democrat... I think that party has lost all touch with reality. Just like the Republicans... Except the Republicans just have a larger following of people who have also lost all touch with reality. If John McCain wanted to go start a party, I'd be there.
    daybreaker2View Public ProfileSend a private message to daybreaker2Send email to daybreaker2Find More Posts by daybreaker2Add daybreaker2 to Your Buddy List

I didn't read the article, but Sessions was on Hannity and Colmes last night. He RAILED this bill. I have to admit I agree with him.

CORRECTION: It was Hannity's radio show. I listen to both on Sirius and got them mixed up.

If you're going to grant amnesty, grant amnesty. That after three years, some process starts or less than two return shortly to you country to apply and blah blah...

If you're going to secure the border, secure it. Build a damn fence, don't build 300 something miles of one. Hire enough border guards, don't hope to hire more within 5 years.

It's just plain weak.
    Last edited by duckbillplatty : 05-26-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Market,
    I am confused. Help me out with what you want with this new thread and I will post away........

Sorry Champion. You have every right to be confused as I was topping off a bottle of wine as I was on this thread (I need to quit posting while intoxicated). Anyway, I thought that a party that had practicality as their platform would win every time. As far as arguing the five most important issues with practicality in mind I will use the Immigration Bill as an example. Look back at the Im. Bill thread and you can see logical arguments start to fall apart as soon as party politics are brought into it. Also, looking at the same thread it seems that practical solutions (those that acually take action) the attempt at the Immigration Bill, the border fence, National Guard, ect. are constantly attacked by non-practical idealists who only have criticism and no suggestions as how to solve the problems.Anyway, maybe talking politics without slinging a little mud is impossible but I hate when somebody criticises an idea or action without having a viable or practical solution of their own.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Looks like he's just showing that many of us are looking for a viable third option. The democrats have become too whiny, give-me-everything-for-nothing, and the republicans have become too "we can spend whatever we want because Jesus will help us, and science is evil".

I want a party that will uphold rights and commmon sense. Yes, I think we should be allowed to bear arms. But they are dangerous weapons- register them. I think people from Mexico should be allowed to work here, legally, but they need to pay the same taxes we do to get the same rights we do. I think abortion (when the mother is not threatened, and when it isnt the result of rape or something) should be illegal. I think prayer should be allowed in public school, just not *required* (How hard is it to think of something else for a minute?). I think we are spending way too much money, and I really dont like seeing money towards education and science going towards war instead. And by war, I dont mean self-defense- I do think securing *both* borders is important. But throwing troops at Iraq isnt getting the job done, when many terrorists come from Saudi Arabia. But we apparently cant ever tell Saudi Arabia "Let us in to find terrorists" for some reason. And science... science does not contradict the bible people. Science has always been at odds with religion, and in later centuries, science has always been shown right. And we *do* need to take stronger measures in protecting the environment.

When I find a person who stands for constitutional rights.. ALL of them... they will get my vote. When they have christian values, and at the same time, promote science, not spurn it, they will get my vote. When they realize that spending money like its going out of style is throwing us into such deep debt that we will be in serious trouble soon, they will get my vote.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

OK,
    Both of the two previous posts make a lot of sense to me. I will read the immigration bill thread (I had avoided that one) and post later on this thread. I have to head out in a little while and won't be available till later, but I will post.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

OK, this could be interesting. Marketdog, are you going to prepare a poll of issues? Nothing would make me happier than approach something from a practical standpoint rather than some rabid reaction fueled by religious beliefs or pie in the sky idealism. Not sure this is possible, however. Did not see the questionaire for determining one's party affiliation, but don't need one to know my view of an issue can fall into either party's bucket. Sometimes wish I could just support a party line because I think it would make my life easier, but then I wouldn't be using my brain.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2

When I find a person who stands for constitutional rights.. ALL of them... they will get my vote. When they have christian values, and at the same time, promote science, not spurn it, they will get my vote. When they realize that spending money like its going out of style is throwing us into such deep debt that we will be in serious trouble soon, they will get my vote.
    Try the Constitution Party: www.constitutionparty.com

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    When they realize that spending money like its going out of style is throwing us into such deep debt that we will be in serious trouble soon, they will get my vote.
    This is one thing that gets under my skin more than anything, Bush's out of control spending, and both parties turning a blind eye to it for different reasons. Many Wall Street free economy people are egotistical enough to think that the greatest economy on Earth at present will never buckle under debt. And many liberal groups like all of the spending (excluding the war of course), so it doesnt bother them. Many people do not realize the long-term instability this could cause. The value of the dollar can go down because of lack of attractiveness, then we will have to offer a better interest rate on the dollar, which in turn could lead to more weakening of the dollar if we have to print more money to pay off that debt. This is why many people think that the US could one day be like post-Nazi Germany with the hyperinflation. I dont think it will ever be that sudden, but we need to find a way to balance our budget.

Someone post a pole (I don't know how) on the 3 most important political issues of the day if they would. National Guard at the Border, Immigration Bill, War in Iraq/Afghan, Budget, Inheritance Tax, Education, Abortion, etc....

+ Reply to Thread