+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEC delivers big bucks once again

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SEC delivers big bucks once again

In 2004-2005 LSU had revenues of just over $60.9 million and expenses of just under $55.9 million. Football ($27.9 million) and men's basketball ($2.3 million) turned profits while the rest of the department lost $25.1 million.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: SEC delivers big bucks once again

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Can you imagine what we could do with an extra 10 million for one year. The SEC schools get this extra money every year. I know Arkansas athletic budget is about 45-50 million. I bet lsu's is close to 60 million. I saw where Ohio State's budget was 75 million a couple of years ago. Maybe budget is the wrong word for these schools. If you're bringing in 50,000,000 a year, you don't have to worry about a budget.

Exactly right. I have posted this before, but Joe Raymond Peace used to tell the story back when he was coaching. During his tenure we played S Car, Auburn, Ala, Fla St, A&M, Fla, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tenn, etc. He said he would always ask the opposing coach before the game what kind of budget they had for football. These schools football budgets were of course 3 and 4 times our entire athletic budget. But, I am pretty sure it was the Tenn coach who's answer was "What, you have a budget??"

+ Reply to Thread