+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simoneaux's name mentioned

Puppy cajun flatfoot is an unknown

Simoneaux's name mentioned

I have talked to some people down in the Baton Rouge area who are close to the LSU baseball program. Simoneaux's name is being mentioned as LSU starts to search for a new baseball coach. I hope Oakes is paying attention and will do something to keep Simoneaux. With the way his club has been progressing, LaTech has the opportunity to become one of the states best baseball programs. LSU seems to be on the way out under the smoke screen. Come on Oakes, pay Simoneaux more and sign him to a good contract.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Simoneaux's name mentioned

His name has been mentioned for more than just the lsu job. But who knows if any of those mentions are concrete and substantial?

I do know one thing, I want him at MY university, not anywhere else. I do hope he is awarded a real contract along with the rest of his loyal staff.

Martie

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by cajun flatfoot
    I have talked to some people down in the Baton Rouge area who are close to the LSU baseball program. Simoneaux's name is being mentioned as LSU starts to search for a new baseball coach. I hope Oakes is paying attention and will do something to keep Simoneaux. With the way his club has been progressing, LaTech has the opportunity to become one of the states best baseball programs. LSU seems to be on the way out under the smoke screen. Come on Oakes, pay Simoneaux more and sign him to a good contract.
    You must be Sim's agent, parent, or relative to start this about LSU and Sim :icon_wink. As far as people that would tell you they are close to LSU baseball program, about 200,000 would claim that.

Let's just say we hope Oakes helps keep Sim from other mid majors if we continue to do well. Then worry about big guys after 2-3 more real successful years in a row.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Well, I wasn't going to post anything, but since it was mentioned already. A friend of mine who is an older guy in his late 50's is a big LSU booster. Gives money to them every year in all sports, in the thousands. This guy is in the know of things. He told me that Simoneaux is in the top 5 wanted list along w/ Bianco, Wells, didn't know the other 2. If LSu came knocking, I'm sure he would leave b/c it would probably be 10 x his salary, w/ salary, camps, incentives, etc . . . Plus, his parents live in BR, he is from Gonzales. I sure hope he doesn't go, but you can't blame him if he does. He gets no help from the University. Has to get money from die hard fans to replace nets on the hitting cage so players won't get hurt. Come one guys, if they ask, he is as good as gone. Bianco and Wells may price themselves out of it. It is a real possibilty.
    Last edited by Rooster; 06-04-2006 at 05:12 PM.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60604002

A third party representing LSU has already reportedly made preliminary inquiries into the interest of college baseball coaches Jim Wells at Alabama, Mike Bianco at Ole Miss, John Cohen at Kentucky and "a coach in the state of Texas."

It is possible that he is on their list, but he isn't mentioned here. I don't think they will take him, they might though.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Has Smoke been fired?

Varsity Bulldog DDTigerFan is on the way down DDTigerFan's Avatar

Smoke resigned (was forced out) today. Names being mentioned so far are Bianco, Wells, Horton at CSF, Cohen at UK, the Baylor head coach and Vandy head coach.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Steve Smith (Baylor's coach) has already turned down Miss. St. (his alma mater) so I doubt he'd be overly interested in LSU. If they were smart, they'd pursue his top assistant, but I doubt they will.

I'm a bit surprised that ULL's coach isn't mentioned. Isn't the guy that took them to Omaha still there?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

What was lsu's record this year?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    I'm a bit surprised that ULL's coach isn't mentioned. Isn't the guy that took them to Omaha still there?
    Tony R. should've been offered the job last time (for all I know, he may have been). He seems committed to ULL for whatever reason. They've got a great baseball community down there. Maybe their AD values Tony and pays alot for him. I know they can't even get near what LSU offered, but who knows.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

It will be Bianco, no doubt about it.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Skip will not hire Robicheaux or Simineaux because of the problems between UL-L and LSU a few years ago. Those teams had a bench clearing fight during the regional and in the stands between fans. LSU canceled all games between the two in baseball and softball.

Skip does not like Robicheaux or Simineaux. I am not worried about Wade leaving for this job.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX
    Skip will not hire Robicheaux or Simineaux because of the problems between UL-L and LSU a few years ago. Those teams had a bench clearing fight during the regional and in the stands between fans. LSU canceled all games between the two in baseball and softball.

Skip does not like Robicheaux or Simineaux. I am not worried about Wade leaving for this job.
    That is false about Skip not liking Sim. When he was still coaching LSU, he thought Simoneaux was the best recruiter in the state when he was at ULL. He said so publically. Sim is not on bad terms w/ Skip. Don't know about Robichaux. I do know that Robicheaux turned down to even go talk to Ole Miss before they hired Bianco. That was one of the reason Sim left, he knew Robicheaux was there for the long haul.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    Steve Smith (Baylor's coach) has already turned down Miss. St. (his alma mater) so I doubt he'd be overly interested in LSU. If they were smart, they'd pursue his top assistant, but I doubt they will.

Smith has commented that LSU has the best baseball fans in the nation and has always had tons of praise for LSU so I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Skip won't be going after a small school's coach or anyone like Simoneaux because he knows the fans will be ticked off. He went that route last time hiring Smoke from ULM and it turned out horribly. Skip has said he will pay big bucks for a new coach.

+ Reply to Thread