+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: espn insider

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

espn insider

on the top 10 prospects at the orlando pre-draft camp:

Paul Millsap, PF, Louisiana Tech
    The guy led the NCAA in rebounding for three straight years, so why aren't more NBA people impressed? The early reports from his workouts were that he was not in great shape and he struggled. He also is going to measure short and isn't the best athlete in the world.
    However, when Millsap is on, he's got the chance to be, at the very least, a Reggie Evans-type of player in the pros. All he needs to do is gather a ton of rebounds against the better competition here in camp and the buzz will follow.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: espn insider

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    However, when Millsap is on, he's got the chance to be, at the very least, a Reggie Evans-type of player in the pros.
    That's a big drop from the Rodman-esque comparisons from a few months ago -

It's looking more and more like he made a HUGE mistake -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the real world!

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

I believe that quote posted from the Prof is based on his workouts in LA.

Reggie Evans? Please.

I dont understand the "out of shape" crap, I really dont. I still think Paul is going to get the last laugh.

Dwayne, from most accounts Ive read, and I believe that includes yours, he wasnt going to be eligible to play anyway. Many, many good prospects are NOT coming out this year and there is a shortage of big men in this draft.

Seems to me that there may be two mistakes of note. #1 is showing up looking like a Tight End at 264 lbs. #2, it seems to me, is not taking school seriously and putting himself in a positon where it SOUNDS like he had to enter the draft.

Speculation on #2 because I dont know the facts, whether or not he could have qualified to play for us next year, etc..

If entering the draft was a mistake, what should he have done?? Hung out with him Mom at home for a year in Grambling?

Lets keep it all in perspective. Ive read that Koby Karl is going to forgoe his senior year to enter the draft, even though by most accounts he has no shot at getting drafted. Is Koby flunking out of school?? Is he making a HUGE mistake?

I think you guys need to let this whole thing play out through the fall before proclaiming this whole thing a HUGE mistake.

Puppy pittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around here pittbull's Avatar

sounds like he has not played well so far in Orlando. In my opinion the comparison to Reggie Evans is not a bad one. Evans has been in the league now for three years I think. We are talking about the NBA, not the YMCA. Remember, the NBA has the best players in the world. I do not think comparing Paul to Reggie Evans is a slap in the face at all.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pittbull
    sounds like he has not played well so far in Orlando.
    If so, is there anyway he could miss out on the draft altogether?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    If so, is there anyway he could miss out on the draft altogether?
    I don't think he will drop that far, but a report by KTVE channel 10 last night had him dropping to # 38. Power forwards that are only 6'7" are a huge gamble. Remember Randy White?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

All I ever hear about is their concern for rebounding. I seem to remember Paul's got great form on his jump shots-much better than what Malone had when he came out.

Varsity Bulldog MycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really niceMycoskieMedia is just really nice MycoskieMedia's Avatar

I'm just quoting other experts, but Paul is currently projected at 37th by NBAdraft.net, which would put him in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    I don't think he will drop that far, but a report by KTVE channel 10 last night had him dropping to # 38. Power forwards that are only 6'7" are a huge gamble. Remember Randy White?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbc10fox14
    I'm just quoting other experts, but Paul is currently projected at 37th by NBAdraft.net, which would put him in Minnesota.
    As of now he is not on that list at all.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    As of now he is not on that list at all.
    Paul goes from mid-first round to late first to early second to mid-second to not on the board at all. This is unbelievable. Hopefully that website has made a mistake instead of Paul.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    Paul goes from mid-first round to late first to early second to mid-second to not on the board at all. This is unbelievable. Hopefully that website has made a mistake instead of Paul.
    Everything I have read about Paul's performance at the draft camp has been very disappointing. Paul has dug a very deep hole for himself . . . one that may be tough to dig out of!

Puppy pittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around herepittbull isn't thought very highly of around here pittbull's Avatar

according to NBAdraft.net, he played himself out of the draft completely. 1-8 from the free throw line during the event. I realize that a lot of people on this board claim he had no chance to be eligible for his senior year, but think about how the new rules are set up:

at the end of frosh. year: 20% of degree
    end of soph. year: 40% of degree
    end of jr. year: 60% of degree

now think about this, he was eligible this year, so he had to have at least 40% and he passed enough hours to stay eligible through two quarters. with the spring and summer, there is no question in my mind he could get to 60%. just my opinion. sounds like paul has been getting bad advice. he probably just cost himself millions of dollars down there in orlando. living here in alabama, I can remember listening to all the stories about mario austin and how he went undrafted. that is a very sad story. mario had an agent that told him and his family that he would be a 1st round pick.

my main point, is that there is no reason to sign with an agent. the way the NBA is set up, an agent isn't negotiating a contract for you. it is all based on where you are drafted. I feel bad for paul and I hope he can turn this around. sure would have been nice to have him back. look at fazekas. sounds like he was getting better advice.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by pittbull
    according to NBAdraft.net, he played himself out of the draft completely. 1-8 from the free throw line during the event. I realize that a lot of people on this board claim he had no chance to be eligible for his senior year, but think about how the new rules are set up:

at the end of frosh. year: 20% of degree
    end of soph. year: 40% of degree
    end of jr. year: 60% of degree

now think about this, he was eligible this year, so he had to have at least 40% and he passed enough hours to stay eligible through two quarters. with the spring and summer, there is no question in my mind he could get to 60%. just my opinion. sounds like paul has been getting bad advice. he probably just cost himself millions of dollars down there in orlando. living here in alabama, I can remember listening to all the stories about mario austin and how he went undrafted. that is a very sad story. mario had an agent that told him and his family that he would be a 1st round pick.

my main point, is that there is no reason to sign with an agent. the way the NBA is set up, an agent isn't negotiating a contract for you. it is all based on where you are drafted. I feel bad for paul and I hope he can turn this around. sure would have been nice to have him back. look at fazekas. sounds like he was getting better advice.
    The agent probably fronted him some money as an enticement. That makes the agent as dumb as Paul is. When you can test the waters and come back and still be eligible, that's a no brainer.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Most of these guys don't have a good advisor to help them. Even a decent local CPA who can be objective and show them some of the real world ropes would be a huge help.

Hope Paul doesn't end up playing in Europe, though if the NBA falls through, what else is he going to do?

+ Reply to Thread