+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: World Cup 2006

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: World Cup 2006

Give me the SportsCenter highlights of both.

World Cup: 120+ minutes with 1-1 score, only 8 COMBINED shots on goal and a boring shootout;

or

NASCAR: turning left until there's a wreck. Just show me the wrecks.

Varsity Bulldog cmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nicecmendawg is just really nice cmendawg's Avatar

Johnny -

Technically, France and Italy tied, with Italy winning the tiebreaker on PKs. And they held their tie for longer, because the US only tied the first 90 minutes. France/Italy went the extra 2 periods.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Hey 80, did you like how your boy Zidane completely left his team out to dry because he felt like acting like a moron? Hahahahhahahahaha. France loses! Yes!!!!!!! US is the only team to tie the World-Cup champs.

Oh, and Ronaldinho is still better than Zidane...and he's not a prick. Go Italy!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Are you telling me more than a billion people watch Nascar? More people in the States may have watched it, but if you count the world population then you could probably add up the whole Nascar season in four years and it would not add up to the people that watched the whole World Cup tourney in one month.
    I'm an isolationalist an don't care what they watch in Mexico and Ghana.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Are you telling me more than a billion people watch Nascar? More people in the States may have watched it, but if you count the world population then you could probably add up the whole Nascar season in four years and it would not add up to the people that watched the whole World Cup tourney in one month.
    What about the Super Bowl or Texas vs. USC?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cmendawg
    Johnny -

Technically, France and Italy tied, with Italy winning the tiebreaker on PKs. And they held their tie for longer, because the US only tied the first 90 minutes. France/Italy went the extra 2 periods.
    But, it counted as a loss for France and a tie for us. We could guess on what would have happened if the US and Italy would have played two more periods (we would have lost, especially with the man down). I really dont care because our greatest accomplishment this World Cup was earning a tie versus the champs. That is just sad any way you look at it.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    What about the Super Bowl or Texas vs. USC?
    Still dwarfed by the billion that watched the world cup...no contest.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hey 80, did you like how your boy Zidane completely left his team out to dry because he felt like acting like a moron? Hahahahhahahahaha. France loses! Yes!!!!!!! US is the only team to tie the World-Cup champs.

Oh, and Ronaldinho is still better than Zidane...and he's not a prick. Go Italy!
    A completely classless and stupid act.

And, Zidane is not my anything. He was just used as an example as how a player needs to battle in the Cup. Not run around grinning waiting for your mates to feed you the ball in the attacking 1/3 everytime.

Ronaldinho has more skill and flash, but it goes mostly unused when it counts the most. I bet we'll see a change in him in 2010. Of course, none of you will admit then that D80 said as much in 2006. I am just ahead of my time. That's okay, the pioneers take the arrows.

There were over 600 players that participated in the Cup. Ronaldinho was voted THE MOST disappointing one. That's quite an honor, eh.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    There were over 600 players that participated in the Cup. Ronaldinho was voted THE MOST disappointing one. That's quite an honor, eh.
    To whom much is given, much is expected. I stand by my claim that Ronaldinho was more of an orchestrator in this cup. He did set up many plays and was constantly drawing double, triple, and even quadruple teams. Although he didn't score any goals, he was still one of the most influential players in the cup because of the match-ups he forced. You can't just count goals...fans often have trouble understanding that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

To whom much is given, much is expected. I stand by my claim that Ronaldinho was more of an orchestrator in this cup. He did set up many plays and was constantly drawing double, triple, and even quadruple teams. Although he didn't score any goals, he was still one of the most influential players in the cup because of the match-ups he forced. You can't just count goals...fans often have trouble understanding that.
    That argument was made....or at least, it was admitted that he drew double-teaming at times, by some of the teams. But, at that level, no one mans up on anybody, no matter how good they are. Teams play zone. Yeah, I know that the "great" players draw special attention, but no defense can afford to truly play man-to-man. Just doesn't occur at that level.

Ronaldinho showed flashes of his skill and his potential. Yes, he is very talented and skilled. But, again, at the World Cup, all of the players are talented and skilled. Most choose not to get too fancy, not that they couldn't. He made some great passes that just didn't result in a goal. Some of those were not his fault, his team mate either messed it up or missed the shot. But! truly great players, at that level, understand they are not gonna wow opponents with fancy footwork. Great players battle and change the run of play. I don't remember one instance in 5 matches when he did that. Maybe he did, once or twice, but not enough.

And, I understand everything there is to understand about futbol.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    And, I understand everything there is to understand about futbol.
    Whoa.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Whoa.
    NOW BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Whoa.
    JL you just got peckerslapped.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    NOW BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!
    "Well that was a rip off"

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    JL you just got peckerslapped.
    "But I told Dom that if they move my desk again I'm going to set the building on fire"

+ Reply to Thread