+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: World Cup 2006

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Yeh, it is hard for me to root for either one of them, but I guess I am going to have to go with Italy. Although they do flop, they still arent French.
    I'm like you. I don't like either one, but Italy is from the US's group and we tied them so that should make us look better, but I just didn't like the story of the Italian club team not renewing that one player's contract when he scored the goal to knock them out of the last World Cup. That soured me on the Italians. And well, like you said it, the French, well, they are the French. Even though that's half my heritage, I don't care for them much-the actual French, not my heritage.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I'm like you. I don't like either one, but Italy is from the US's group and we tied them so that should make us look better, but I just didn't like the story of the Italian club team not renewing that one player's contract when he scored the goal to knock them out of the last World Cup. That soured me on the Italians. And well, like you said it, the French, well, they are the French. Even though that's half my heritage, I don't care for them much-the actual French, not my heritage.
    Yeh, half of my heritage is from Germany. They got out in 1887 before all of the craziness. They also lived in a place that is today French, I believe it was given to france after WWII? Alsace-Lorraine? I think I heard that in one of my history classes. Anyway, I still find it hard to pull for Germany because of all that happened in history, although my ancestors are from there. I see you feel the same way.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Yeh, half of my heritage is from Germany. They got out in 1887 before all of the craziness. They also lived in a place that is today French, I believe it was given to france after WWII? Alsace-Lorraine? I think I heard that in one of my history classes. Anyway, I still find it hard to pull for Germany because of all that happened in history, although my ancestors are from there. I see you feel the same way.
    dhussdawg, my family is from that area as well, Alsace-Lorraine. I am not ashamed to be German, hell I even can speak a little because of my Grandparents, but because of all that went down 60 yrs ago, its hard to feel a real connection with them. Not like it matters to them anyway, were all still AMIS, even though we may have the same last name or be long distance cousins or something.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Keep talking 80, maybe one of your posts will make sense. Ronaldinho is not a world-class player? You are never going to live that one down. Soccerdawg already broke down the stats for you, so I wont waste my time. People have been riding Zidane's ass for the whole tournament. If Brazil would have won, you probably would have had the reverse argument making Zidane the non-world class player. This is just funny.
    Sure! Of course! Let's talk facts. Ronaldinho had ZERO goals and ZERO assists, made ZERO plays back on defense and Brasil makes, for them, an early exit from the tourney. Yeah, good stuff!

He did nada!

He has skills, of course, and occasionally flashed some of his skills. But, so what? What did it (he) accomplish for his team? Answer that. What did he do? Heck, I can score zero goals, have zero assists and not help my team on defense too. Am I a world class player? I must be, by your definition.

And, Brasil played 5 games, not a "couple" of games, and if, as a player, you are not gonna step up and deliver for your national team during the World Cup, well then, when? He was placed as an attacking midfielder. I guess, relieved of other duties, yet, Carlos, coming all the way from the back generated more offense for Brasil.

We'll see, I guess, in 2010 if he learned anything about being a complete soccer player on the world's biggest stage. Til then, he wouldn't make a World Cup all-star team that went 23 deep. Oh, except in your book, I guess.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Sure! Of course! Let's talk facts. Ronaldinho had ZERO goals and ZERO assists, made ZERO plays back on defense and Brasil makes, for them, an early exit from the tourney. Yeah, good stuff!

He did nada!

He has skills, of course, and occasionally flashed some of his skills. But, so what? What did it (he) accomplish for his team? Answer that. What did he do? Heck, I can score zero goals, have zero assists and not help my team on defense too. Am I a world class player? I must be, by your definition.

And, Brasil played 5 games, not a "couple" of games, and if, as a player, you are not gonna step up and deliver for your national team during the World Cup, well then, when? He was placed as an attacking midfielder. I guess, relieved of other duties, yet, Carlos, coming all the way from the back generated more offense for Brasil.

We'll see, I guess, in 2010 if he learned anything about being a complete soccer player on the world's biggest stage. Til then, he wouldn't make a World Cup all-star team that went 23 deep. Oh, except in your book, I guess.
    Ty Cobb, one of the greatest hitters to ever play the game, highest batting average ever in a career, yet he choked it in the series the three times he went, lost them all and hit a paltry 262 during them. Is he still a great player? Yes, but there is a huge difference here. Baseball is a much bigger sport here. We get to see regular season play and judge if a guy is good over his career. I doubt you follow European soccer and get to watch Ronaldinho play on a regular basis, I know I dont. All I see is that he has been deemed the world's greatest player two years running. So, I guess what I am saying to you is that your 5 game observation is probably not better than a career observation by FIFA. I guess if all I did was watch the baseball playoffs, I would think ARod was a mediocre player, but we both know that is wrong. You keep thinking you are the know all, be all of soccer, though.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bWs...rch=ronaldinho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkrq1...rch=ronaldinho
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzbjJ...rch=ronaldinho

Hell, just browse them yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Ronaldinho is an artist. He plays soccer like few in this world can or ever could. We understand he didn't have a great World Cup, but he is undeniably a great player. He inspires people to play the game. So while he may not win this years golden shoe, but his creativity and skill will always make him the man with the golden feet.

GO ITALY!!!

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Here it is. One day away from the final. Italy vs. France. The Azzurri vs. Les Bleus. Pasta vs. French fries. Fast Cars vs. Fine Wine. This one is for all the marbles and it should be a great final. Sunday 12:30pm on ABC

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

GAME ON!!

ABC

OVER 1 BILLION VIEWERS

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

1-1 in the 20th minute

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

That was not a foul. I hope Italy creams them. (Even though that was a sweet PK from Zidane.)

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    That was not a foul. I hope Italy creams them. (Even though that was a sweet PK from Zidane.)
    It wasn't, but there should have been another PK for France that wasn't called. It equals out.

OVERTIME

2 more 15 minute periods for Zidane.

France has totally outplayed Italy in the final 30 minutes of the second half, and France still has 2 subs remaining.

Holy CRAP! Zidane just head butted the Italians! He will retire on a red card!

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    Holy CRAP! Zidane just head butted the Italians! He will retire on a red card!
    Zidane was just inches away from ending the game with a magnificent header before he was sent off. Zidane was an amazing player to watch. I bet Materazzi deserved every bit of that blow too.

We're goin to PKs!!!

ITALY WINS THE WORLD CUP!

5-3 on PKs. France had neither Henry, Viera, nor Zidane for the PKs.

An awesome World Cup comes to an end.

The Americans were the only team to play the Champions and not lose, and we did it with only 9 men.

ITALIA!!

+ Reply to Thread