+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Re: World Cup 2006

Great matchup at 2 between world power Argentina and Ivory Coast. IC actually stopped a civil war in their country because they made it to their first-ever World Cup. This match will be one to watch for sure!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I love the fact that there are no commercial breaks during the halves.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03
    I love the fact that there are no commercial breaks during the halves.
    Best thing about the Stanley Cup playoffs too...no breaks during an overtime period...doesn't get much better than that.

And it doesn't get much better than the sports calendar over the next couple of weeks...World Cup, Stanley Cup Finals, U.S. Open, College World Series, Wimbledon, NBA Finals....
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 06-10-2006 at 05:01 PM.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Great matchup at 2 between world power Argentina and Ivory Coast. IC actually stopped a civil war in their country because they made it to their first-ever World Cup. This match will be one to watch for sure!
    Great game. I was really hoping Ivory Coast would score one more time.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I was so pulling for the Ivory Coast.

The ref was really letting them go.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

One more day of soccer before Team USA takes the field Monday morning at 11 vs. Czech Republic. Best match of the day should be the 8 o'clock match when the Netherlands take on an underrated Serbia & Montenegro team. The Netherlands also borders Germany so it should be like a home match for them as the crowd will be drenched in orange. The Netherlands have a load of talent and one of the best strikers in the world in Ruud Van Nistelrooy. They defeated the Czech's in qualifing both at home and on the road, but the Serbs allowed only one goal during qualifing so this should be a great match. Mateja Kezman will be a marked man for the Serbs as he will try to lead his team to the upset.

The afternoon match between Portugal and Angola is an interesting one. If Angola can hang around and hold off the firepower of Portugal, then they can get at least a point from them. And if you like exciting soccer, watch Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal. He's got a bag of tricks that will even make Pele smile.

By the way, 80% of teams that don't get a point in their first match do not advance out of group play.

Varsity Bulldog DDTigerFan is on the way down DDTigerFan's Avatar

Another exciting day of World Cup! The Trinidad vs. Sweden match was great and it could have gone Trinidad's way had it not been for only having 10 men. Paraguay looked pretty good too so that group will be exciting to watch who ends up with that 2nd spot in the round of 16. I'm just wondering if Trinidad will be able to keep playing with that much emotion or if it will take its toll on them.

Argentina vs. Ivory Coast was very exciting and really could have gone either way as Ivory Coast had tons of close calls. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

Oh, and thanks to those who have given me negative rep for this thread!!!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    Oh, and thanks to those who have given me negative rep for this thread!!!
    You are an LSU fan. Why do you care what anyone on here thinks of you?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

The Sweden/Trinidad&Tobego match was great. I didn't watch Argentina's first match.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with England. It took one of their allstars to get a huge break on a free kick to even score a point. It may be that it aired early in the morning, but it just seemed to drag the whole 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    You are an LSU fan. Why do you care what anyone on here thinks of you?
    I don't really, just find it funny that in a thread not concerning LSU, Tech, or Louisiana for that matter I still manage to get negative rep.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    The Sweden/Trinidad&Tobego match was great. I didn't watch Argentina's first match.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with England. It took one of their allstars to get a huge break on a free kick to even score a point. It may be that it aired early in the morning, but it just seemed to drag the whole 90 minutes.
    You're right, England did not look very impressive. One of their strongest teams in many, many years and you wouldn't have known it by watching them today. England is lucky it received such an easy group and is loving Trinidad for earning a point against Sweden.

10 hours, 48 minutes until the U.S. takes the field!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The Netherlands beat Serbia and Montenegro 1-0.

Mexico beat Iran 3-1.

Portugal beat Angola 1-0.

USA vs. CZECH REPUBLIC
    11:00 AM
    ESPN2

4 Hours!!!!!!!

I couldn't sleep much last night as Christmas has come early for me today as the U.S. begins their World Cup 2006 run. I've been waiting four years for this and I can't wait til kickoff!

Keys to the match for the U.S. will be if they can hold off an attacking side that boasts a team that scored the most goals during qualifying. The Czech's have one of the best goalie's in the world if not the best, but they have given up at least one goal in every game during qualifying except for one. When healthy they attack better than anybody in the world except Brazil, but they don't get back on defense so the counter-attack will be crucial to us. Set-pieces(free-kicks, corner kicks) will be important because 5 of the 7 goals the U.S. gave up in the 2002 World Cup were off of them. We have to capitalize on the set pieces given to us also. Matchups to watch for are 6'4" U.S. defender Onyewu vs. 6'8" Czech forward Koller and U.S. midfielder Beasley vs Czech midfielder Nedved.

The U.S. have never won a World Cup match on European soil so this looks like a good time to break that streak. GO USA!!!

+ Reply to Thread