+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Lineup

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

2007 Lineup

So without knowing what the new players can do yet... and stil 87 days away from the start of football. Let's have some fun. I'd like to see what your starting lineups and pitching rotations would be for next year. Keep in mind that this is just in fun, and if you want to start Jericho at Catcher, that's ok. We'll bash you... but you can do it.

Mine would be.... humm...

C - Thomas
    1B - Goulder
    2B - Grunenwald/Winn (50%-50%)
    3B - either Jones
    SS - Bascle
    LF - Rike
    CF - Cobb
    RF - Jericho
    DH - either Jones

SP - LUKE!, Braud, Hudson

I don't really remember the positions that some of the new players are at.. I just know that they all pitch.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: 2007 Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    So without knowing what the new players can do yet... and stil 87 days away from the start of football. Let's have some fun. I'd like to see what your starting lineups and pitching rotations would be for next year. Keep in mind that this is just in fun, and if you want to start Jericho at Catcher, that's ok. We'll bash you... but you can do it.

Mine would be.... humm...

C - Thomas
    1B - Goulder
    2B - Grunenwald/Winn (50%-50%)
    3B - either Jones
    SS - Bascle
    LF - Rike
    CF - Cobb
    RF - Jericho
    DH - either Jones

SP - LUKE!, Braud, Hudson

I don't really remember the positions that some of the new players are at.. I just know that they all pitch.
    C-Thomas (I like him, but would like to see us pick up another catcher)
    1B-Goulder
    2B-Winn
    3B-Kersten
    SS-Grunenwald
    LF-Rike
    CF-Cobb
    RF-J.Jones
    DH-C. Jones

Rotation- Rupert (assuming hes healthy), Burnett, Lasserre or Lorio
    I'm hoping someone will step up and take that #3 pitching spot, whether its Lasserre, Lorio, Moseley, Braud, or Bradshaw coming in(kinda doubt he'd be ready as a freshman, but could happen). I'd like to see Jericho play the OF only, maybe pitch occasionaly like Hudson did this year.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    C-Thomas (I like him, but would like to see us pick up another catcher)
    1B-Goulder
    2B-Winn
    3B-Kersten
    SS-Grunenwald
    LF-Rike
    CF-Cobb
    RF-J.Jones
    DH-C. Jones

Rotation- Rupert (assuming hes healthy), Burnett, Lasserre or Lorio
    I'm hoping someone will step up and take that #3 pitching spot, whether its Lasserre, Lorio, Moseley, Braud, or Bradshaw coming in(kinda doubt he'd be ready as a freshman, but could happen). I'd like to see Jericho play the OF only, maybe pitch occasionaly like Hudson did this year.
    I have the same line up as you. I still think Burnett will be #1, Rupert #2, probably Lorio #3. Lassere could easily be our #1, his potential is huge, just needs to regroup and focus in the off season. Between those 4, they should be our 1-3. I hope Winn, Kersten, and Grunenwald can swing the bat.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Well I looked at the end of year stats and Greuewald had a nice BA.. 300 I think. I like that. He also was very solid on the defensive side of the game. I (like you PuP) would like to see another Catcher come in. I would like to see Drew become a solid offensive option.

I also didn't put Rupert in my starting 3 because I honestly have no clue who he is... just that he pitched last year. I put Hudson in there 1) because he ended with a very low ERA; 2.2 something., and 2) the games that I SAW him come in relief he was dominated and last a while. Seems he will be able to give the bullpen a rest for most of his starts.. just a gut feeling.

I didn't see much of Kersten... what's the story with him?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

I think Goulder & C. Jones could platoon at 1b(depending on if we face a righty or lefty pitcher), Winn at 2b,Grunenwald at ss, Kersten at 3b,Thomas or Jr college transfer at catcher,Rike in lf,Jericho in cf,Cobb in rf.Hudson would be the dh. The 3 starting pitchers....Burnett,Rupert,and Alsup/Jericho. Midweek starters....Lorio,Mosely,Lassere,newcomers.Closer Alsup/Jericho.The rest of the pitchers would be middle relief.I put Jericho in centerfield because he is the only outfielder who has the arm strength to hit the cutoff man or throw to any base from the deepest spots in the outfield.We cannot leave Hudson's bat out of the everyday lineup !!! Did you forget how great he hit in conference games?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think we have a juco transfer coming in who will compete for the job at catcher.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

SS - Bascle
    did i miss this? i thought brady was an outfielder and a first baseman. when did he move to short?

also, why did you take brandon hudson out of the outfield? he's one of our best hitters. i know we have 4 good outfielders, but i put hudson in over rike. or i put rike in right and dh jericho. hudson has to be on the field.

also the starting rotation will be burnett, rupert and bradshaw/casey jones.

i think our bullpen is very strong with alsup, hudson and jericho. that's 3 potential closers right there.

we have a number of options for midweek starters or long relief in lassere, lorio, bounds, mosely, powers, knotts and braud.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    did i miss this? i thought brady was an outfielder and a first baseman. when did he move to short?

also, why did you take brandon hudson out of the outfield? he's one of our best hitters. i know we have 4 good outfielders, but i put hudson in over rike. or i put rike in right and dh jericho. hudson has to be on the field.

i think our bullpen is very strong with alsup, hudson and jericho. that's 3 potential closers right there.

we have a number of options for midweek starters or long relief in lassere, lorio, bounds, mosely, powers, knotts and braud.
    Lorio probably has as much potential as anyone on the staff. If he works hard and reaches his potential our staff could be really good.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Projected Starters, but many will play.

C - Combs
    1B - Goulder
    2B - Winn
    SS - Grunenwald
    3B - Kersten
    LF - Rike; Bascle or Thomas at times
    CF - Cobb
    RF - Jones; Bascle or Thomas at times
    DH - Hudson or Jones

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Bascle does not play ss. Sure hope we don't have to start any true frosh in week-end rotation, worked out pretty good this year but hopefully some of the upperclassmen can step up and let the young guys get their feet wet before throwing them into the fire. Saw Casey Jones pitch against OCS. I think he'll be very good but would be surprised if he breaks the rotation next year. What about the other pitcher from Texas we signed, Helms(?), does anyone know what kind of year he had?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Well I looked at the end of year stats and Greuewald had a nice BA.. 300 I think. I like that. He also was very solid on the defensive side of the game. I (like you PuP) would like to see another Catcher come in. I would like to see Drew become a solid offensive option.

I also didn't put Rupert in my starting 3 because I honestly have no clue who he is... just that he pitched last year. I put Hudson in there 1) because he ended with a very low ERA; 2.2 something., and 2) the games that I SAW him come in relief he was dominated and last a while. Seems he will be able to give the bullpen a rest for most of his starts.. just a gut feeling.

I didn't see much of Kersten... what's the story with him?
    Kersten was #33 from Kansas. I think he was a shortstop in HS but played a good bit of 3rd when he came in. From what Ive heard, Sim has confidence in Grunenwald, Winn, and Kersten swinging the bat, but their defense has been shaky the first year. I was told (this all someone telling me about conversations with Sim) Grunenwald would have been starting SS if he hadn't made so many errors. If they sure up the D we could have a very good infield next year.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I thought Moseley played extremely well when I saw him against ULL at JC Love.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Who cares we'll have 40 wins next year...let the man (Sim) pick the starters.

JFord

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I'm with you there.

My bad. I went to the techsports.com and it doesn't have posistions... it just said "Inf". So I plugged him in.
    Guess that I was torn between Rike and Hudson, and loved the games that I watched that Hudson came in and pitched in Long Relief. So I thought that he deserved the starter spot. I just think that I would like to see him maybe going 2 (starts for Rike) & 1 (LF start for Hudson) and let him be a starting pitcher.... then play them as hot or cold that they get.

P.S. whoever suggested it, I love the Jericho to Center idea. I like Cobb, because he's a roamer. Any ball hit around him makes me feel like he'll make a diving catch or something cool will happen, but I also love JJ's arm strength out there. Wonder if he's tried it before.

+ Reply to Thread