+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Lineup

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2007 Lineup

Doesn't the strongest arm belong in right field? I remember hearing Wade say once Rike has the cannon in the outfield.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick
    Doesn't the strongest arm belong in right field? I remember hearing Wade say once Rike has the cannon in the outfield.
    Cobb has good wheels, so he will probably stay in CF. J Jones will be in RF or DH. We all know he will be hitting every day. I wouldn't mind putting J Jones in the bullpen, and letting him come in to close. If Rupert comes back healthy, and Burnett improves from last year, either Lassere or Lorio could be the other starter. That is not even including other transfers that we don't know about coming in. This is actually a good problem to have, trying to figure out who will be starting and who will be coming out of the bullpen. Our pitching staff should be very very strong next year. Hudson can still come in relief along w/ Alsup. I hope Kersten, grunenwald, and Winn can come in defensively and step up. I'm looking forward to next year.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

He does throw a bb from RF.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    He does throw a bb from RF.
    Yeah, but that can be a concern. If he makes many throws from right field, the coaches worry he won't be as effective on the mound. He may end up at first base.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    Projected Starters, but many will play.

C - Combs
    1B - Goulder
    2B - Winn
    SS - Grunenwald
    3B - Kersten
    LF - Rike; Bascle or Thomas at times
    CF - Cobb
    RF - Jones; Bascle or Thomas at times
    DH - Hudson or Jones
    I think this is going to be pretty close to the everyday line up....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I think this is going to be pretty close to the everyday line up....
    was trying to find stats for some of the Ruston kids who are playing juco in Texas and saw where the Combs kid(catcher) from Paris Junior College batted .232 and looked to be a part-time starter there. Looked like we signed him early, before he even played a juco season.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't you expect a good juco guy to hit above 232? Why are we counting out Thomas at catcher? I know he wasn't a great hitter, but, he seems sound defensively. I thought it was his to lose.

Wouldn't you expect a good juco guy to hit above 232? Why are we counting out Thomas at catcher? I know he wasn't a great hitter, but, he seems sound defensively. I thought it was his to lose.
    Probably not counting him out, but we need 3 catchers. All we had this past year was 2. Boyce is gone, so we need 2 more.

www.casadice.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think if Thomas takes care of business in the off season - it IS his to lose -

Sim seems to put alot of responsibility in the hands of the catcher - it will be interesting to see who wins his confidence over the course of the off season -

Plus - remember we PLACED this kid in the juco (instead of him walking on) - wanted him to play more than he would sitting behind Boyce and Thomas - so he might of been slighted by the juco coach knowing he was ONE and done -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Here's the line on Combs, Thomas, and Boyce...... COMBS had 69 at bats...16 hits...9 doubles...3 homeruns...18 rbi's....232 batting ave. THOMAS.....45 at bats....7 hits...1 double....0 homeruns....9 rbi's.....156 batting ave. BOYCE.....144 at bats...35 hits...2 doubles...2 homeruns...14 rbi's....243 batting ave. If Combs has better defensive skills than Boyce he will be a great addition to our team.It's my opinnion that the catching position was by far the weakest link in our defense this year. An amazing number of past balls (called "wild pitches" by the official scorer)cost us dearly this year with runners moving up into scoring position and many runners scoring from 3rd base.If we can find a fundamentally sound catcher who can field his position well, a .232 batting average is more than acceptable.Did anyone notice the caliber of the starting catchers on the other WAC teams? We couldn't buy a passed ball and a high percentage of the throws down to 2nd base were accurate. I think the job should go to the guy who gives his pitchers and defense the confidence that he will be a stud behind the plate.I don't mean this post as a knock on Boyce...he was a gamer that gave 100% effort and stretched his abilities to the maximum.We will miss his leadership and emotion.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon
    Here's the line on Combs, Thomas, and Boyce...... COMBS had 69 at bats...16 hits...9 doubles...3 homeruns...18 rbi's....232 batting ave. THOMAS.....45 at bats....7 hits...1 double....0 homeruns....9 rbi's.....156 batting ave. BOYCE.....144 at bats...35 hits...2 doubles...2 homeruns...14 rbi's....243 batting ave. If Combs has better defensive skills than Boyce he will be a great addition to our team.It's my opinnion that the catching position was by far the weakest link in our defense this year. An amazing number of past balls (called "wild pitches" by the official scorer)cost us dearly this year with runners moving up into scoring position and many runners scoring from 3rd base.If we can find a fundamentally sound catcher who can field his position well, a .232 batting average is more than acceptable.Did anyone notice the caliber of the starting catchers on the other WAC teams? We couldn't buy a passed ball and a high percentage of the throws down to 2nd base were accurate. I think the job should go to the guy who gives his pitchers and defense the confidence that he will be a stud behind the plate.I don't mean this post as a knock on Boyce...he was a gamer that gave 100% effort and stretched his abilities to the maximum.We will miss his leadership and emotion.

Mims did let a lot of balls get past him but he did a great job preventing more. Mims was such an asset because of his leaderhip, emotion, and his ability to know what pitch to give the pitcher. The coaches seldom told him what to call, Mims knew the reports. I hope becomes a coach one day or makes it on a minor league team, either affiliated or independent.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Mims did let a lot of balls get past him but he did a great job preventing more.

Explain that one for me.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Mims was a great leader on our team. His leadership will be missed.

Unless both guys competing for the position are equal behind the plate, I don't think hitting will enter into the decision much. Wade wants the guy behind the plate that will do the best job in all aspects of that most important position.

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by farright30
    Explain that one for me.
    The pitcher did walk alot of batters, but he prevented alot more base on balls. The hitter struck out every other at bat but he could have struck out every at bat.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Thomas is not being counted out as catcher, but he needs to get serious about working to improve, both defensively and offensively. Doesn't like to get dirty and block balls, doesn't take to working on adjustments he is given. Needs a little that fire and dedication from his brother Patrick. You have to have an engine to go with the tools.

+ Reply to Thread