+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEC

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

SEC

is there a more overated conference? 8 teams into the playoffs, 1 makes it to the final 8 and this only because two sec's were plaing in a super regional against each other. ACC sends 4.

Big Dog farright30 is an unknown farright30's Avatar

Re: SEC

SEC is not overrated. Has someone been drinking and posting?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    is there a more overated conference? 8 teams into the playoffs, 1 makes it to the final 8 and this only because two sec's were plaing in a super regional against each other. ACC sends 4.
    Not overrated at all, probably the best baseball conference in America. Sent 5 out of the best 16. Only 1 made it. Usually is 3-4 to make it. They put georgia against South Carolina which I think is crap. No ACC schools went against each other.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Whatever.

I'm glad we don't have to listen to a bunch of "SEC" at the College World Series. I am enjoying the baseball too much this year.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Not overrated at all, probably the best baseball conference in America. Sent 5 out of the best 16. Only 1 made it. Usually is 3-4 to make it. They put georgia against South Carolina which I think is crap. No ACC schools went against each other.
    the SEC is DAMN lucky that they put USC agains Georgia, otherwise there wouldnt have been a single team in the the final 8.

oh, and if you care to count again, 4 of the 16 were SEC teams.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

the sec, for the first time in a long time, was down this year. i don't think they're overrated. overrated would take a period of several years being down. we'll see if that happens. this year was definitely a bad year for the sec, though.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Whatever.

I'm glad we don't have to listen to a bunch of "SEC" at the College World Series. I am enjoying the baseball too much this year.
    Me too. The SEC may not be overrated, but still, it must be nice to not only get 2/3 of your conference in the playoffs, but most get to host regionals/supers.

I'm plulling for Rice, Fullerton, Oregon State, then "don't care".
    Go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    the sec, for the first time in a long time, was down this year. i don't think they're overrated. overrated would take a period of several years being down. we'll see if that happens. this year was definitely a bad year for the sec, though.
    I think thats more along the lines of what i was refering to. 8 sec teams in the playoffs was rediculous.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    Me too. The SEC may not be overrated, but still, it must be nice to not only get 2/3 of your conference in the playoffs, but most get to host regionals/supers.

I'm plulling for Rice, Fullerton, Oregon State, then "don't care".
    My thoughts, exactly. Go Owls!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86
    I think thats more along the lines of what i was refering to. 8 sec teams in the playoffs was rediculous.
    Who do you think deserved a spot in the regionals over some of these 8 teams? You have to give credit to the SEC, they are at another level compared to any other conference in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by farright30
    Who do you think deserved a spot in the regionals over some of these 8 teams? You have to give credit to the SEC, they are at another level compared to any other conference in baseball.
    Yeah, they're certainly at another level compared to the ACC, which has FOUR teams in the College World Series.
    Last edited by Tech77; 06-13-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Who would you rather have taken those 8 spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Yeah, they're certainly at another level compared to the ACC, which has FOUR teams in the Colege World Series.
    I'm not saying the ACC is worthless by any means, but you cannot crown the ACC the college baseball powerhouse based on one season. The SEC has proven to be the stronger conference, as much as any Tech fan doesn't want to admit it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright30
    You have to give credit to the SEC, they are at another level compared to any other conference in baseball.
    you see, i hate when someone says something as stupid as this. the sec is at another level? just like in football and basketball, you have to analyze conferences year by year. you can't say that the sec has been good in the past so they are automatically good this year. the sec was down this year. way down as compared to the past. yes, they are still one of the elite conferences in the country. but they couldn't hold a candle to the acc this year.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Sorry professor, this is not a stupid comment. Look at the teams that made the regionals. Arkansas, Miss. State, Georgia, Vandy, South Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss. State and SC were number one in the country at one point of the season. Kentucky won the conference. Arkansas, Bama, Vandy and Ole Miss were highly ranked most of the season. Georgia was as well and they also made the CWS. I know we hate LSU but they were probably given a raw deal on not making a regional. I would love to hear of a conference that has 9 strong contending teams in it. The ACC may have 4 teams in the CWS this year, but they are not near that deep in talent. And since we are talking about conference strength, I think that matters to some degree.

+ Reply to Thread