+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Tears ACL

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Luke Tears ACL

Let's don't be too quick to send Tim to Pittsburg. I just saw on Chan 12 that Luke tore his ACL in practice. He is expected to be out for the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Luke Tears ACL

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Let's don't be too quick to send Tim to Pittsburg. I just saw on Chan 12 that Luke tore his ACL in practice. He is expected to be out for the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season.
    I'm sure there are quite a few a$$es on this board who are happy to hear that. I'm not one of them. Luke will work hard and be back. Timmy just needs a fair shake somewhere. I think he will prove better than Chris Simms if given a chance.

On a seperate note: I think Moats is going to BUST LOOSE this year!! Westbrook better watch out. Moats is better and just as important, in this world dominated by the salary cap he is cheaper than Westbrook!

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I'm sure there are quite a few a$$es on this board who are happy to hear that. I'm not one of them. Luke will work hard and be back. Timmy just needs a fair shake somewhere. I think he will prove better than Chris Simms if given a chance.

On a seperate note: I think Moats is going to BUST LOOSE this year!! Westbrook better watch out. Moats is better and just as important, in this world dominated by the salary cap he is cheaper than Westbrook!
    I really doubt anyone is happy Luke got hurt. That is a pretty ASS thing to say. Everyone to a man on this board is happy Luke is from TECH and does a great job of rep our school.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

That's a really stupid post. I can't believe you posted that.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    I really doubt anyone is happy Luke got hurt. That is a pretty ASS thing to say. Everyone to a man on this board is happy Luke is from TECH and does a great job of rep our school.
    Thats not true. It should be true but its not. Now I was off base on someone being happy that he got hurt but I am dead on target about some on this board wanting him to fail. Some who claim to be some of our strongest and oldest fans. Go back and read old threads, it's not hard to see who they are.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 06-14-2006 at 12:03 AM.

And if those particular people don't want him to fail they should re-read some of the things they post and see how it looks.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Some folks on here definitely don't wish "all the best" for Luke; yet, I doubt anyone, ANYONE, is happy he got hurt.

Gotta defend the Luke bashers on that one.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

And if those particular people don't want him to fail they should re-read some of the things they post and see how it looks.
    Big, I guess that's pointed in my direction, eh? We all have our favorites and in my case Rattay's the one, but I have NEVER wished any harm to Luke. Sure, I'm the first one to admit that it opens the door for Tim, but I wanted that opportunity to happen through competition on the field-not by some freak knee injury. I've been a witness too many times to knee injuries and I hope I'm never around for another. I wish Luke a speedy recovery.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    I wish Luke a speedy recovery.

AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Big, I guess that's pointed in my direction, eh? We all have our favorites and in my case Rattay's the one, but I have NEVER wished any harm to Luke. Sure, I'm the first one to admit that it opens the door for Tim, but I wanted that opportunity to happen through competition on the field-not by some freak knee injury. I've been a witness too many times to knee injuries and I hope I'm never around for another. I wish Luke a speedy recovery.
    Actually 88, it wasn't aimed in your direction. I know you have had your arguements re: Luke. But I don't remember you ever going over the line during them. Some have.

Some rip into him whenever his name comes up. If you go back and read some old threads you can see how bad it has gotten. I was in a bad mood and chose my words poorly during my initial post. I don't really believe people on the board want him hurt. I was just trying to sarcastically make a point and did a poor job of it. Like Don said it was a stupid post. I have been around this board long enough to know sarcasm doesn't get translated well over message boards.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 06-14-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

I have yet to verify this information about Luke......I know it was first seen on TV....but it should have been posted on bucs.com or at least as a topic on the bucs message board....

Is this really true????

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

this is going to really piss off some of luke's biggest bashers. with a torn acl, he won't be dressed out on the sidelines. instead, he'll be holding a clipboard with his hat on backwards.

ah, now i just know that was wrong, but had to get it in anyway
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON
    I have yet to verify this information about Luke......I know it was first seen on TV....but it should have been posted on bucs.com or at least as a topic on the bucs message board....

Is this really true????

Bob Griffin on Shreveport Channel 12 is his father-in-law. That seems like a pretty reliable source. Maybe the Bucs just aren't ready to go public with it yet.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Hate to hear that for anyone - at any age! I tore mine in college, had it fixed, but have struggled with the arthritis that came anyway. Hope they've got the repairs down much better these days.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

I havn't heard anything on this matter either. Maybe their waiting to see on how severe the injury is. They may be able to put him through rehab and give him a brace to wear through the season and then have offseason surgery. That's just my guess with it being this close to the season opener.

I tore mine two and a half years ago, but I completly tore it along with some other things in my knee so there was no question I had to have surgery. It bothers me at times, but for the most part I am back to where I was before the surgery.

+ Reply to Thread