+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pics of our WONDERFUL Athletic Facilities

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Pics of our WONDERFUL Athletic Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03
    I don't think the intramural center is very nice. Definately not on par with many other universities. The weight room is tiny and there is really nothing special about any part of the intramural center.
    I've worked out at the LSU Rec center three times a week for 1 year. Believe me, Tech is doing pretty good considering the size of the respective schools.

Now UT-Austin has an unbelievable intramural center (3 actually) and SLU has a brand new one that we wouldn't be able to compete with since, well, it's brand new.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    And yes I think the CAMPUS as a whole is lovely.
    Can we get you recorded saying lovely on the air...

BTW Fox, if you go to the A&M forum there's a random pic of FHS's gym under the Sarah are you there thread... It felt really weird seeing it...

JFord

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

When I look at the traffic visiting my website there is a diverse group of people visiting, from military to SIU... I really would like to know what non-bias opinions are thinking...

JFord

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Our intramural center is behind. The last couple of years SGA stepped up and purchased TVs for the cardio machines and dumbells for the men's weight room.

NSU has a way better intramural center than us. We are also miles behind rec centers from UT-Austin, Texas A&M, Baylor, and University of Houston.

However, our intramural center is not embarassing like some of our other facilities.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Hate to hear that the intramural complex has gone downhill. I was attending Tech just right after it opened, and it was cool (especially for a country boy from Homer).

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was still very nice the last time I visited, but I haven't been in it for a couple of years now. I wish there were some pictures online, but I can't find any.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

The issue with the intramural center is it was built much longer ago than the newer facilites mentioned at several universities. With upgrades and some expansion to make other things work better, it is still verys servicable for 11,000 student campus. That is where the students extra fees should go and Tennis courts or track surface as they use those facilities. In fact, the tennis courts were originally built for the students and were used by the men's tennis team when it was started years (ages...?) ago.

Puppy RustonDawg seems to have something between the earsRustonDawg seems to have something between the earsRustonDawg seems to have something between the earsRustonDawg seems to have something between the earsRustonDawg seems to have something between the earsRustonDawg seems to have something between the earsRustonDawg seems to have something between the ears RustonDawg's Avatar

JFORD.

My first post, and gotta say that you are right on. Sadly, 2 of our facilies have been appearantly docked by the NCAA as not usable (condemned).

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

An intramural center that I think is cool is Oklahoma St. Take a look at the pool that they have at theirs. Obviously not comparing us to them because they have way more money, I just like theirs.

http://fp.okstate.edu/campusrec/index.htm

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03
    An intramural center that I think is cool is Oklahoma St. Take a look at the pool that they have at theirs. Obviously not comparing us to them because they have way more money, I just like theirs.

http://fp.okstate.edu/campusrec/index.htm
    Very nice! Our pool facility is VERY nice, as well. It would be nice to have built the Intramural Center next to our pool building. I wonder why they didn't do that. They could have torn down Wilson or even moved the road over some.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Where!!!!!! Outside of the baseball field there is none in terms of "athletics" not one....I know your "mr.tech" but I think the monkey suit has fried your brain...put the kool-aid down for goodness sake man. It's not the BBB's job to improve the facilities..They shouldnt have to.
    It isn't BBB's job to improve the facilities. But how can you just trash our facilities if you aren't trying to fix them? Words without actions are meaningless. If the items that are broken really bother you, you should do something about it? Are you doing something about it?

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    It isn't BBB's job to improve the facilities. But how can you just trash our facilities if you aren't trying to fix them? Words without actions are meaningless. If the items that are broken really bother you, you should do something about it? Are you doing something about it?
    Dont start calling me out...It's not my job to fix the facilities. I do my part by talking about the problems on the radio and other things that arent you business.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

My problem is that our AD doesn't ask nearly as many people as possible to help improve facilities. You have to realize that our situation is way past the point that BBB can do much about it. We've done alot and we SHOULD continue to help but at some point Jim Oakes is going to have to stop being lazy and really try to get our athletic budget up.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Your right alums,students,business...Should help but should not be the main reason facilities are improved.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Whoa there tiger...or gorilla...very few people have the funds to adequately address the issues that we face. There are a few of them. The problem is, these few are the only ones who seem to be asked. The rest of us are just supposed to give to champs and keep our mouths shut. I give to champs and I give here and that's about all I can do. As far as I know, Fox isn't making 7 figures just yet...

Many of our problems can ONLY be addressed by the administration. Educate yourself about how money is spent and raised in the Louisiana Tech athletic department and you'll understand why our facilities take such a beating on this board. Once you understand that, you'll begin to understand the distaste for the administration.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread