+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005-06 Coaches and Staff Report Card

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

2005-06 Coaches and Staff Report Card

Just for fun, what would you rate these guys performance this year?

Jim Oakes, AD: D- still pimping our football team for money, only good thing he did was able to promote the Boise game for football...but thats about it on marketing and promotion
    Jack Bicknell, FB: B- struggled with Idaho, should have beat Boise, ended season by beating the crap out of Fresno.
    Keith Richard, MBB: C+ had an above avg season, failed to make the tourney with Milsap on your roster
    Chris Long, WBB: A he knows how to work, put together a great coaching staff. Techsters won the WAC even with Budke's recruits.
    Coach Sims, Bball: B+ beat some big name teams, he got me excited about baseball. Went a little down hill towards end of season.
    Gary Stanley, Track: A- Techsters won WAC title

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: 2005-06 Coaches and Staff Report Card

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Just for fun, what would you rate these guys performance this year?

Jim Oakes, AD: D- still pimping our football team for money, only good thing he did was able to promote the Boise game for football...but thats about it on marketing and promotion
    Jack Bicknell, FB: B- struggled with Idaho, should have beat Boise, ended season by beating the crap out of Fresno.
    Keith Richard, MBB: C+ had an above avg season, failed to make the tourney with Milsap on your roster
    Chris Long, WBB: A he knows how to work, put together a great coaching staff. Techsters won the WAC even with Budke's recruits.
    Coach Sims, Bball: B+ beat some big name teams, he got me excited about baseball. Went a little down hill towards end of season.
    Gary Stanley, Track: A- Techsters won WAC title
    Stanley deserves the LONE A...

Sim gets a strong B....

Bicknell gets a B-.....

Long gets a B- or C+ (those are his recruits to - beat who he was suppose to beat and really didn't upset anyone or make any noise in the tourney)

KR gets a SOLID C, he didn't make the tourney but had a very solid year and was a put back and two missed FT's from being the WAC regular season champ (most of ya'll still don't understand the hurdles this program and baseball are faced with and the fact that we are putting a very competitive team on the floor in the WAC is really outstanding) -

Don't know if you can even grade Jim Oakes - ran off the best money man we had, botched the McConathy deal deyond comprehension, while KR and JBIII earned extensions - how they were handled is embarrassing, tennis team, soccer and golf sucked hind teat - no improvements made to the facilities (the one time gift was coming and he had NO direct impact on this) -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I'll give a shot, though some may disagree:

Bicknell - a blended B- (I'll give coaching a C (too conservative (see Fresno) and recruiting an A-)
    Sim - B+ (hard work, passion, and getting more people involved in baseball in a long while)
    Long - B (granted a lot of his recruits...BUT those girls played with a lot more heart and determination this year than in years past...that's a sign of good coaching)
    Richard - C- (I don't care what people think, but there seems to be a lack of discipline...that falls on the coaches shoulders.)
    Stanley - A+ (crap facilities, no support, and he still puts out quality track teams, is getting national recognition, and has great recruiting)

IMHO

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I think Stanley deserves some sort of emeritus status for what he's done.

I think I would change the ranking for Coach Sim though. I think he deserves an A as well.
    Also, I'm not sure Long deserves an A much for the same reason that DFM said, a B but with strong hopes for an A in coming years.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I will give it a shot, as well.

Bicknell - C He did a better job this year and I loved the way Fresno got their a's handed to them, but he has a long way to go. We need to win the games that we should win. His recruiting and the Fresno game brought him from a D to a C in my book. I didn't see the big "give up" when we played the big guys, either. I hope that doesn't return or he gets dropped to an F faster than it would take you to blink.

Sim - B+ GREAT to see baseball coming back. Sim has done a great job, not only with coaching, but building a fan base. If it were not for the last couple of weeks, I would have given an A. I expect to give an A next year.

Long - B Long took the same team that basically walked through the season before and looked like they just didn't care and made them WANT to win. The talent needs an upgrade, but the girls we have played like they were Techsters. I hope for an A next year here, as well.

Richard - D- I can only think that he is responsible for destroying the shooter's confidence on this team. He talked them down every time he could. That leads to poor shooting by most shooters. We had Paul on the team and couldn't even make the playoffs. VERY POOR. Without Paul, he may have an F

Stanley - A No other grade I could give. Impressive.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

CHAMP-study the last sentence of your comments about Jack & then compare to the last sentence of your comments regarding Long & Sim. It seems to me that you could & should be just as optimistic about Jack's work as you are about Long & Sim. I do realize that you have had your stinger out for Jack for a long, long time. However, I would surely think that you would treat him as fairly in your analysis as you would two non-revenue producing coaches particularly since its Jack that has to produce the revenue to keep the programs of Long & Sim afloat. And, how does he produce that revenue? By being forced to play at BCS venues where his chances of winning are next to nil. The BIAS in your evaluation of Jack stuck out like an overripe persimmon.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    CHAMP-study the last sentence of your comments about Jack & then compare to the last sentence of your comments regarding Long & Sim. It seems to me that you could & should be just as optimistic about Jack's work as you are about Long & Sim. I do realize that you have had your stinger out for Jack for a long, long time. However, I would surely think that you would treat him as fairly in your analysis as you would two non-revenue producing coaches particularly since its Jack that has to produce the revenue to keep the programs of Long & Sim afloat. And, how does he produce that revenue? By being forced to play at BCS venues where his chances of winning are next to nil. The BIAS in your evaluation of Jack stuck out like an overripe persimmon.
    Good points and you are right - I have a bias there. Man, I hate to change a grade when someone points out my bias. OK OK, Jack gets moved to a C+! AND, I would LOVE to give him an A next year, but I HOPE to give him a "B". He won't even have to win as many games due to young players, but he will have to have them WANTING to win. If he can just keep them playing with the same emotion that they had when playing Fresno last year, he definitely gets a higher grade. That goes for if we are playing A&M or New Mexico State.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Thank you for reconsidering & I sincerely hope that Jack will be able to EARN your admiration back in the future, preferably this coming season. I will be the first to admit that he has stubbed his toe on many occasions, as have I. I will be the first to recognize that his public statements sometime border on lunacy. HE would admit that as well as he has NO PRETENSE. I have come to learn that Jack has as much LOVE for our school as I do. That may sound nuts BUT, it IS true. He also has as much understanding of our situation, as it currently exists, as anyone & that is the main reason why you don't hear him screaming about these schedules that he has to play, year in & year out. He just plays the hand he is dealt. You have got to admire a man for that! Because I have some knowlege of what he has to deal with insofar as resources, cooperation, & assistance, I have grown to have as much respect for this man as any other head coach I know. He NEVER complains about what he is lacking but simply bows his neck & does the very best he can with what he's got & I deeply admire him for these qualities.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Strong praise from a highly-respected source.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    Strong praise from a highly-respected source.
    You bet it is! That post did more for my opinion of Jack than anything I have ever read.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

everyone gets an A+....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................The kool-aid goes down good everytime

BLUE-I have always wondered what the "kool-aid" comment means. Please explain. Thank you.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

lol....Coach to long to explain:icon_wink

Everything is wonderful in Tech TOWN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    BLUE-I have always wondered what the "kool-aid" comment means. Please explain. Thank you.
    When anyone says anything optimistic or good about Tech, it is stated that we are drinking the kool-aid. In other words, we are buying into the company line - just like the administration wants us to do.

Seems like a strange saying for fans of the same school, doesn't it?

no,no,no,no,.....I'm all for my school and WANT it to successful drinking the Kool-Aid is looking part EVERYTHING is great we have No worries at all.

+ Reply to Thread