+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005-06 Coaches and Staff Report Card

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: 2005-06 Coaches and Staff Report Card

Champ-thank you for explaining the term to me. I really had no idea what it meant. I suppose you could call me a gullible 65-year old. I DO sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let me know what the term meant. BLUE-it didn't take Champ that long to explain it where I could understand what it meant.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

BLUE-I certainly do NOT think everything is great at our school & that we have no worries at all. Quite the contrary, we have a whole lot to be concerned about as fans & alums of Louisiana Tech. However, I do not think it is "espousing the company line" to offer an opinion of Jack Bicknell that might be the opposite of what most on BB&B think. I am entitiled, I think, to my opinion without being accused of drinking the company kool-aid. BUT, I must add, I do sincerely LOVE the company!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Coach- I think we must have confused each other lol. I thought you were joking about the Kool-Aid thing my apologies. As far as Coach Bick I agree with you 100% in fact I will say that when I first got to Ruston I wanted Him to go however now that I have gotten to know him and my Eyes have been opened to what he has to put up with im with him all the way. A really great guy to talk to who really does CARE about Tech. sorry for the confusion.

The whole A+Kool-Aid thing was a joke before this goes on.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Jim Oakes Jones gleefully mixing delicious Kool-Aid following his visit to the Conference USA headquarters, circa 2003

The parking lot of JAS after thousands of fans are urged to drink Kool Aid by an advertisement shown on the jumbotron scoreboard in the north endzone
    Last edited by domangue; 06-14-2006 at 05:05 PM.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Just for fun, what would you rate these guys performance this year?

Jim Oakes, AD: D- still pimping our football team for money, only good thing he did was able to promote the Boise game for football...but thats about it on marketing and promotion
    Jack Bicknell, FB: B- struggled with Idaho, should have beat Boise, ended season by beating the crap out of Fresno.
    Keith Richard, MBB: C+ had an above avg season, failed to make the tourney with Milsap on your roster
    Chris Long, WBB: A he knows how to work, put together a great coaching staff. Techsters won the WAC even with Budke's recruits.
    Coach Sims, Bball: B+ beat some big name teams, he got me excited about baseball. Went a little down hill towards end of season.
    Gary Stanley, Track: A- Techsters won WAC title
    Hmm good thread...
    Jim Oakes, AD - F This is Collegiate Athletics not Politics
    JBIII, FB (I think thats what his job his) - D COACH Let your coordinators do their job.
    Keith Richard, MBB - D With the talent we had dancing should have occured pothetic coaching prevented this.
    Chris Long, WBB - B Did something with not a whole lot.
    Sim, Baseball - A AWESOME Turnaround, however lost 6 games to the same team
    Gary Stanley - A Becoming a powerhouse...

JFord

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    When anyone says anything optimistic or good about Tech, it is stated that we are drinking the kool-aid. In other words, we are buying into the company line - just like the administration wants us to do.

Seems like a strange saying for fans of the same school, doesn't it?
    I always thought it referred to the "Jim Jones Massacre". They thought they were attaining a higher level of existence, but they were really just killing themselves.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

As for the coaches...

Bicknell (FB): rates as a B+. (He had a very good year last season and he brought in an excellent recruiting class.

Richard (BB): rates as a B. Given the resources and support, I have no idea how this guy puts a competitive team on the court.

Simoneaux (B): rates as a B. He took a big step forward, but still hasn't proven he can win when it really counts.

Long (WBB): rates as a B. With the highest budget in the conference and good tradition, he should dominate.

Stanley (T): rates as a B+. I really don't know what I'm talking about with regards to this guy.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

You are correct Boxer... Jim Jones cult in Guyana... Early 80's I think... Domangue did a nice job with the pics...

That was horrible, but it is the origin of "kool-aid" drinkers, etc...

"keep drinking the koolaid, everything will be fine" Lights out!!!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Grades are usually given to judge performance and hopefully improve performance in the future. The sum total of grading the coaches and AD probably gives us a feel for the overall athletic program. I think there is a very big part of the overall rating of Tech athletics missing. A rating of the Alumni, Students, and general populous is also appropriate to gain a wider feel. I feel that the support by all three of these groups is not where it should be and could be an even bigger factor in an overall feel for how Tech athletics did this past year. IMHO Each of the sports would get a great boost if supported more. Those that post here on BB&B are probably the exception. I really don't have a leg to stand on in attendance to games (San Antonio is a long drive for a game which I should do more), but I do support financially. I don't feel worthy of grading these people other than to give them encouragement considering the general support most of these teams got from most of us.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog
    A rating of the Alumni, Students, and general populous is also appropriate to gain a wider feel. I feel that the support by all three of these groups is not where it should be and could be an even bigger factor in an overall feel for how Tech athletics did this past year.
    WWDog, I agree. But, IMO, all three are "Showing Improvement".
    It was nice this morning on my way to work. I saw 1 Lic. Plate, 2 Window Sticker, & 1 Lic. Plate Frame all on different cars BEFORE I saw the 1st lspoo thing on any car.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg
    You are correct Boxer... Jim Jones cult in Guyana... Early 80's I think... Domangue did a nice job with the pics...

That was horrible, but it is the origin of "kool-aid" drinkers, etc...

"keep drinking the koolaid, everything will be fine" Lights out!!!
    Why thanks... visualization always helps things

More historical footage....

The actual trough of Kool-Aid that was served right outside the TAC after announcing Coach Richard's contract extension.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domangue

The actual trough of Kool-Aid that was served right outside the TAC after announcing Coach Richard's contract extension.

Good Un.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    WWDog, I agree. But, IMO, all three are "Showing Improvement".
    It was nice this morning on my way to work. I saw 1 Lic. Plate, 2 Window Sticker, & 1 Lic. Plate Frame all on different cars BEFORE I saw the 1st lspoo thing on any car.

Very rare in Shreveport indeed. I have aways thought that would be a low budget way of promoting our school and letting people, and north La media, know that there are a lot of us around. I think apathy among our alum is one of the biggest problems we are facing in today's world of big business college athletics.

Just thinking out loud here but - All of us are proud of our own individual accomplishments in life. Graduation from college is certainly one of those milestones. What if the alumni assoc or someone at Tech were to send stickers to every living alum they have on file stating "Louisiana Tech Alumni # 10,231" etc. A short note could be included asking the alum to send a small donation to help pay for the production and mailing of the stickers. I think even a large percentage of our apathetic alum would send in something, and feel good about it, and place the sticker on their vehicle and then find themselves looking for other stickers as they drive around town. I think Tech grads from Spokane to Miami would get a kick out seeing other Tech stickers on their way to work or whatever, and comparing the number to theirs. I know I would love to see a lot more Tech stickers in Shreveport. I just think this would do as much or more than anything else the school does to get our name out there. Hell, for that matter, it wouldn't be that difficult to do. It would just take a little time and effort and a little up front capital - this is something the BB&B could do as one of its projects. I know all of "US" have stickers and flags etc. This would be a cheap way to get the rest of our fellow grads involved in promoting our school. Like I said, just thinking out loud here.
    Last edited by oledawg66; 06-15-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Just for fun, what would you rate these guys performance this year?

It is very difficult to rate some of the coaches due to the lack of support that they receive from our administration.

Jack Bicknell, FB: B- I have never been a huge Bicknell fan, but his coaching has gotten much better the past few years. His team is still too inconsistant, but he wins more games than most coaches would in his situation (Face it, if they guy goes 7-6 this season, 5-3 in conference and beats Nichols and N. Texas, he has done a good job and better than most would). Still has a long ways to go in promoting the program, i do not think he is the right guy for Tech, but based on the cards he is given he gets a B-.

Keith Richard, MBB: C His C is strickly based on the cards he is given, if he could not get us to the NCAA's last year it is not going to happen. Things are bad when you can not convince a coach of Northwest State that Tech is a step up, that is where our program is at right now. He needs a good year off the court in addition to on the court or his stock will head down quickly.

Chris Long, WBB: B A bit to early to say, expectations are higher than any other program. Needs to get in the NCAA's win column this year.

Coach Sims, Bball: A- Program is headed in the right direction, stuggled down the stretch but it was a young team. Will see how he does with higher expectations.

Gary Stanley, Track: A+ What he does is amazing
    Last edited by CaseyDawg; 06-15-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Very rare in Shreveport indeed. I have aways thought that would be a low budget way of promoting our school and letting people, and north La media, know that there are a lot of us around. I think apathy among our alum is one of the biggest problems we are facing in today's world of big business college athletics.

Just thinking out loud here but - All of us are proud of our own individual accomplishments in life. Graduation from college is certainly one of those milestones. What if the alumni assoc or someone at Tech were to send stickers to every living alum they have on file stating "Louisiana Tech Alumni # 10,231" etc. A short note could be included asking the alum to send a small donation to help pay for the production and mailing of the stickers. I think even a large percentage of our apathetic alum would send in something, and feel good about it, and place the sticker on their vehicle and then find themselves looking for other stickers as they drive around town. I think Tech grads from Spokane to Miami would get a kick out seeing other Tech stickers on their way to work or whatever, and comparing the number to theirs. I know I would love to see a lot more Tech stickers in Shreveport. I just think this would do as much or more than anything else the school does to get our name out there. Hell, for that matter, it wouldn't be that difficult to do. It would just take a little time and effort and a little up front capital - this is something the BB&B could do as one of its projects. I know all of "US" have stickers and flags etc. This would be a cheap way to get the rest of our fellow grads involved in promoting our school. Like I said, just thinking out loud here.

66--A very good idea. I like it. Send me a sticker and I will show it, with pride, on my truck and car. I have had a LOUISIANA TECH ALUMNI sticker on my truck and car for years. Every now and again I will see a Tech sticker in the Hurst, Euless, Bedford area. If all of the Tech alumni in the DFW area had stickers on their cars and trucks, you would see them EVERYWHERE.

AS FOR GRADING THE COACHES, IN MY OPINION-----Having been a coach for 40 years, I hesitate to grade a coach. Unless you have stood in his or her shoes, be careful what you say about a persons performance. Our coaches do a wonderful job under the surcumstances. I love them all because they have Louisiana Tech in their hearts as I and you do. They are Louisiana Tech people. Their task is very difficult and I have great admiration and respect for them. I love Louisiana Tech and they are part of it.

+ Reply to Thread