+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    I ALREADY ANSWERED. You shoot his kneecaps, and let the criminal justice system take action, also leaving him alive to be questioned by authorities.
    And in all likelihood, the criminal justice system is going to go after YOU for violating the creep's civil rights, and you'll do some hard time while paying his hospital bills, rewarding him for his pain and suffering, and putting his illegitimate kids through trade school.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

This is a good example of why liberals often feel conservatives just dont have a basic understanding of things...

the question was: You are an expert marksman, and have a gun. A guy is charging at you with a knife. What do you do.

I ALREADY ANSWERED. You shoot his kneecaps, and let the criminal justice system take action, also leaving him alive to be questioned by authorities.

And, as a Christian, I am AGAINST taking other people's lives, even when they are not Christian, and even when they are wishing me harm. Which is a sentiment that doesnt seem to be shared by some other "christians" who would apparently take JOY in killing another human being. If I was ever in a situation where I needed to kill to protect myself or my family, i would do it, but I wouldnt be HAPPY about it. Thats why things are not always black and white, like you guys like to make it. To you, the only choices are "Liberal Pussy - doesnt kill him - let's family die" and "conservative - kills the ----- enjoys it" and, surprisingly, once again, there are actual choices that fall in the middle of the spectrum.

I have stated this already, and then you ask me a stupid ass question like "What would you do? Sit there?" No. I already told you. But if you need things spelled out for you, there you go.

Two Liberal Arts degrees, very open-minded, studied the Mid-East region during my Master's, I'm a Christian. Never said I would be "happy" killing someone, like you are assuming. I would do whatever at all cost to protect myself and my family.

And YES, apparently you do need to spell it out for me. Look above! You have stated two different answers for the same situation. Both of your answers deal with the fact that you and your family are in danger.

And about the question in the joke. I must have missed the expert marksman part. In that case, one bullet would do.:icon_wink
    Last edited by firedog; 06-19-2006 at 04:07 PM.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    And in all likelihood, the criminal justice system is going to go after YOU for violating the creep's civil rights, and you'll do some hard time while paying his hospital bills, rewarding him for his pain and suffering, and putting his illegitimate kids through trade school.
    Thank the liberals and the ACLU for this.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

an expert marksman would know better than to try to hit the kneecap of someone who is running. just too difficult to get a good hit. the shoulder, as salty suggested, is a little bit better option, but if he is determined, it won't slow him down much. the only way to be sure that this guy will not harm my family is to put several bullets in his chest, and maybe a couple in his head once he falls down, so he can't raise up and throw the knife.

the reason you don't like the joke is because it characterizes democrats as weak and unwilling to deal with a problem directly. the fact that you take offense at the joke shows that you see some truth in that. and everything you have said in this thread has done more to support that characterization than any joke could ever do.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    the reason you don't like the joke is because it characterizes democrats as weak and unwilling to deal with a problem directly. the fact that you take offense at the joke shows that you see some truth in that. and everything you have said in this thread has done more to support that characterization than any joke could ever do.
    True, very true.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    and empying a clip into him, reloading, and continuing to put holes in him wouldn't? (minus the hospital bills).

i understand it's a joke and all, but i can't say that i laughed at it...not saying that i do my best to stop someone from harming my family. but having a terrorist stuffed and mounted is not something that i find terribly amusing.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    and empying a clip into him, reloading, and continuing to put holes in him wouldn't? (minus the hospital bills).

i understand it's a joke and all, but i can't say that i laughed at it...not saying that i do my best to stop someone from harming my family. but having a terrorist stuffed and mounted is not something that i find terribly amusing.
    They dance around and have a festival when they behead an American and put it on tv.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    They dance around and have a festival when they behead an American and put it on tv.
    So, you are saying that we are no better than they are?

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    yeah, and i don't find that amusing, either.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    So, you are saying that we are no better than they are?
    No, but until we stop bowing down to people who cut off heads b/c we may offend them. We must be better than them, b/c as a nation we just sit back and say its ok to do this. every American should be angry as a hornets nest that they beheaded an American on tv and were dancing holding up it up like it was a festival. I want to find those guys and skin them alive. What do you want to do? Put them in counsiling and investigate what society did to make them do this? Blame America?

www.casadice.com

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Out of sheer reaction, you would have to shoot the guy obviously and since most of us arent Jack Bauer (an excellent marksman to say the least), we would probably unload the clip on him out of sheer fear. Not many of us would be in the state of mind to just shoot him in the shoulder or kneecap, unless you have shot someone before which i havent. Also, not many of us are as hard as we think we are and would empty another round on him after we know he is dead. Anyways, as for terrorists beheading people, it is disgusting, gross, and horrible. I dont think we need to return the favor, but we should do some things that many in this country cry about. Mostly, we should be able to torture terrorists to get information. I am not saying we hang the guy up by his nipples and pull out his toenails, but we should give a lot of leeway in how the military gets their information. Define some lines, but give them leeway.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Out of sheer reaction, you would have to shoot the guy obviously and since most of us arent Jack Bauer (an excellent marksman to say the least), we would probably unload the clip on him out of sheer fear. Not many of us would be in the state of mind to just shoot him in the shoulder or kneecap, unless you have shot someone before which i havent. Also, not many of us are as hard as we think we are and would empty another round on him after we know he is dead. Anyways, as for terrorists beheading people, it is disgusting, gross, and horrible. I dont think we need to return the favor, but we should do some things that many in this country cry about. Mostly, we should be able to torture terrorists to get information. I am not saying we hang the guy up by his nipples and pull out his toenails, but we should give a lot of leeway in how the military gets their information. Define some lines, but give them leeway.
    In the premise of the joke, it says youre an expert marksman. I, myself, in such a situation would just raise the gun and pray and fire a few times... I may close my eyes, and there may be some peeing of pants involved... It wont be pretty. Let's just hope I never have to shoot a guy who's charging at me with a knife.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

In the premise of the joke, it says youre an expert marksman. I, myself, in such a situation would just raise the gun and pray and fire a few times... I may close my eyes, and there may be some peeing of pants involved... It wont be pretty. Let's just hope I never have to shoot a guy who's charging at me with a knife.
    Yeh, I understand the premise, but I would say 99 percent of us cannot associate with it. I am like you. I would just fire and hope for the best. I would like to think I would go all Jack Bauer on him and put him down coolly with one shot, but let's get honest.

I thought you said you would shoot in the knee caps??? You also said you would kill if it meant him or your family.... and now you say this???

Just another liberal that can't make up his mind.:icon_wink

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    I thought you said you would shoot in the knee caps??? You also said you would kill if it meant him or your family.... and now you say this???

Just another liberal that can't make up his mind.:icon_wink
    Yes, if I was an expert marksman, I would shoot in the kneecaps. Being an Applications Engineer, I would wet myself and fire away. How is this so hard to understand? :-P

+ Reply to Thread