+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?

I overheard this on SiriusLeft, a liberal radio station on satellite radio, this morning and thought I'd post it (paraphrased).

Miliry caller: "I'm not saying what may or may not have happened in Haditha was right, but you have no idea how hard it is to maintain some sense of responsible action when the intestines of your buddy is splattered on your uniform. Especially when those you are fighting treat that responsibility as a weakness and exploit it."
    Talk show host: (In extremely sacastic tone) "So you want to kill recklessly, torture, and sink to the level of the insurgents? You want to murder innocent people in cold blood all in the name of victory?"
    Military caller: "No, our civility may be our biggest weakness to those we are fighting, but it is our biggest strength to those who we are fighting for. When we win this war, and we will, it will be built on the strength of American values which the vast majority of the United States military is out there fighting and dying for."
    Talk show host: (silence)

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Yes, if I was an expert marksman, I would shoot in the kneecaps. Being an Applications Engineer, I would wet myself and fire away. How is this so hard to understand? :-P
    You have given 3 answers. Duh!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

First, I would say: "Hey bud! don't bring a knife to a gun fight!" Then drop him. Bang!

Since the scenario included my wife and family being with me, that guy is going down. If I were alone, I might consider a tactical retreat. But since I cannot gaurantee that my daughter could out-run this lunatic, he's history. Period.

Besides, what IF I am armed and could stop this looney? And, what if I do run away? He may just seek out other victims who could not defend themselves. Would I be able to live with myself, watching on the news the guy I fled from, has just killed several people? Yeah, I know, shoot him in the knees and bring him down w/o killing him. Then he'd be like that black knight in the Holy Grail: come back here and I'll bite your legs off!

I do not ever want to take a human life. I don't want to be placed in that position. I do know the situation changes when my family is involved.

(BTW, I did find humor in the joke. "nice grouping" that's funny stuff...for folks with a sense of humor, which libs are devoid of, thus they are always so miserable.)
    Last edited by dawg80; 06-25-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    (BTW, I did find humor in the joke. "nice grouping" that's funny stuff...for folks with a sense of humor, which libs are devoid of, thus they are always so miserable.)
    I dont know, I'm pretty happy. You guys seem to be the ones filled with hate... There's countless posts on here where the most anger comes from a conservative, saying he "hates" libs, French people, gays, muslims, etc...

As for me, I think W is a bad leader, but I dont hate him. I think you guys are misled and let religion get in the way of facts, but I dont hate you. The meanest posts on this board have always come from the neo-cons. Shouldnt that say something about these supposed "christians" when they are the ones spouting out so much hatred?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    As for me, I think W is a bad leader, but I dont hate him.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i don't consider myself a liberal, but i still didn't think it was funny.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    What? I wouldnt mind going bowling with the guy, or bar hopping around the Quarter. But I just dont like him leading my country, because I think he has made a bunch of terrible decisions. Why is it so hard for you guys to realize the difference between not liking something and hating something? Shades of grey people. Shades of grey. Hardly anything is black and white. "Dont like W as a leader" does not equal "Hates W and wants him to burn in hell"

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    i don't consider myself a liberal, but i still didn't think it was funny.
    Well then, I guess you are not liberal... just miserable.

That joke pokes fun at good ole boy(and gal) Southerners, ya know, gun-toting red necks. Of which, I suppose I am one. Or a close proximity thereof. I can laugh at myself (and no!, I don't need anyone else laughing at me too!) Some of you need to lighten up.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Well then, I guess you are not liberal... just miserable.

That joke pokes fun at good ole boy(and gal) Southerners, ya know, gun-toting red necks. Of which, I suppose I am one. Or a close proximity thereof. I can laugh at myself (and no!, I don't need anyone else laughing at me too!) Some of you need to lighten up.
    also don't consider myself miserable.

also don't consider myself miserable.
    That too was a joke.

I guess you don't watch any stand-up comedy. You'd be upset with the "jokes" that are often told, poking fun at this group or that group. Jeeesh! Never mind.

I'll keep and and you keep doing this .

That too was a joke.

I guess you don't watch any stand-up comedy. You'd be upset with the "jokes" that are often told, poking fun at this group or that group. Jeeesh! Never mind.

I'll keep and and you keep doing this .
    actually, i thought my response was kinda funny. and, btw, i did not say that the joke upset or offended me (it takes a lot to offend me)...i guess i just put higher standards on my comedy than some.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

actually, i thought my response was kinda funny. and, btw, i did not say that the joke upset or offended me (it takes a lot to offend me)...i guess i just put higher standards on my comedy than some.
    yeh, I feel bad when I read this joke because it is that not funny. I feel like I am watching somebody on stage telling this bomb of a joke. "Yes, it is horrible, this joke."

+ Reply to Thread