+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Just wanted to share my great news with all of you. Some of you know that I retired a couple of years ago at age 40. I was Deputy Executive Director of a Mental Health Center in Texas. Since that time, I have been teaching college and doing some consulting on the side. It was OK, but I was ready to get back in the game.

I interviewed for a position this morning and just received a call a little while ago. I GOT THE JOB! I am now the Executive Director for our whole region. This covers 32 counties in Texas and 8 large Mental Health Centers. I am very excited about it. It means more travel and less time on this board, but it is a great move with my career!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Congrats, Champ!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fire!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

That's awesome Champ!! Does this mean you will have to live on a normal sleep schedule from now on? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    That's awesome Champ!! Does this mean you will have to live on a normal sleep schedule from now on? lol
    MAN! I didn't think about that. I will try to figure out a way around it.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Congratulations on your return to WORK. I hope you have access to the internet while at the office.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Congrats!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

What I want to know is how you were able to retire at 40? No wonder you're always so upbeat. I'm envious.

Come to think of it, you might make a good AD with that positive attitude. It's kinda hard to take sometimes on a Monday morning though ......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    What I want to know is how you were able to retire at 40? No wonder you're always so upbeat. I'm envious.

Come to think of it, you might make a good AD with that positive attitude. It's kinda hard to take sometimes on a Monday morning though ......LOL.
    Yes, it was a nice benefit to be retired! That positive attitude works well on a Friday, apparently, since I got the call already. Now, if the AD job ever is offered, I would drop this like a hot potato! :icon_wink

HoDo, I definitely will have access to the Internet at work. Wouldn't have taken this position, if I had to give up the message board completely. :icon_wink

I start in July, but there is a Board meeting (get together/welcome) for me planned this next Thursday.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Can Tech Alums get a discount at the mental hospital.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

So if my mental health deteriorates any further while I'm here in San Antonio, I have some pull with the big wigs of Texas mental health to see me through????? Now where did I put that straight jacket?

Just kidding. Congradulations!! Hoping the best for you in your new job!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Can Tech Alums get a discount at the mental hospital.

yeah really. i have several screws that need tightening.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    yeah really. i have several screws that need tightening.
    Yeah, we all do. Now, I have to worry about the cost of such services, though. I will just keep some spare openings always available for my bb&b friends.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Just wanted to share my great news with all of you. Some of you know that I retired a couple of years ago at age 40. I was Deputy Executive Director of a Mental Health Center in Texas. Since that time, I have been teaching college and doing some consulting on the side. It was OK, but I was ready to get back in the game.

I interviewed for a position this morning and just received a call a little while ago. I GOT THE JOB! I am now the Executive Director for our whole region. This covers 32 counties in Texas and 8 large Mental Health Centers. I am very excited about it. It means more travel and less time on this board, but it is a great move with my career!

Now that can get us all excited. Congratulations, Gary. You are well deserving of this. Hell, you retired at 40 and I'm looking to just get started. I agree with Glenn. No wonder you are always so cheerio. Try not to stay gone too long at a time. If you do, maddawg will go crazy with no one to antagonize. He might start trying to pull my chain again. Plus, I think you're really close to converting him to support women's sports.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

GREAT NEWS!

I hope you can still find time to post here though...

+ Reply to Thread