+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU hatred

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: LSU hatred

The worst thing is how LSU fans always give out backhanded compliments and don't understand why that angers us. For example every LSU fan I have encountered has told me they cheer for Tech too. This is a backhanded compliment because it implies Tech and LSU are not on the same level. We are both D1-A schools. Why should any LSU fan root for Tech unless we were playing someone you need to lose or you were playing us and want to make your schedule stronger. Stop worrying why we hate you. That is what other schools do. If LSU was ever to show Tech ANY respect our die hard fans might stop rooting for LSU to lose every game.

Varsity Bulldog DDTigerFan is on the way down DDTigerFan's Avatar

I think what bugs LSU fans is that every in state school wants a piece of us. ULL, Tech, ULM, Tulane all want us to play them EVERY year and outside of Tulane we have no history or rivalry with any of the other schools. I think Skip tries to please some of the other schools, renewed the Tulane series and we play another in state school almost every year in football. We've got a two game series in women's basketball with Tech starting this coming season. Men's basketball played UNO, ULL, Tulane, Nicholl's, McNeese and Southern this year and the baseball team always plays alot of in state schools. Skip tries to please as much as he can and while Tech fans think we should play in football each year so do ULL. What is Skip to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    The worst thing is how LSU fans always give out backhanded compliments and don't understand why that angers us. For example every LSU fan I have encountered has told me they cheer for Tech too. This is a backhanded compliment because it implies Tech and LSU are not on the same level.
    Thats not a backhanded compliment at all. It's usually just a state pride thing just like I cheer for SEC teams even Ole Miss and Auburn even though I hate them any time they play an out of conference team. I thought Tech got hosed by not going bowling last year. I dont understand why you would rather me cheer against you than cheer for you. I love hearing from other fans that they like LSU or they cheer for LSU.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    I think what bugs LSU fans is that every in state school wants a piece of us. ULL, Tech, ULM, Tulane all want us to play them EVERY year and outside of Tulane we have no history or rivalry with any of the other schools. I think Skip tries to please some of the other schools, renewed the Tulane series and we play another in state school almost every year in football. We've got a two game series in women's basketball with Tech starting this coming season. Men's basketball played UNO, ULL, Tulane, Nicholl's, McNeese and Southern this year and the baseball team always plays alot of in state schools. Skip tries to please as much as he can and while Tech fans think we should play in football each year so do ULL. What is Skip to do?
    Schedule mens basketball between Tech and LSU more regularly.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Schedule mens basketball between Tech and LSU more regularly.
    It's like I'm saying, we hear that from every other in state school. Do LSU fans want to see OOC schedules compiled of nothing but in state schools??? No, this past season was great with games against UConn, Ohio State and West Virginia.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

We are the top school in the state.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    damn right

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We know that, guys. . . . . and so does ElEssEwe.

Bulldog am4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around here am4titansandlsu's Avatar

The worst thing is how LSU fans always give out backhanded compliments and don't understand why that angers us. For example every LSU fan I have encountered has told me they cheer for Tech too. This is a backhanded compliment because it implies Tech and LSU are not on the same level. We are both D1-A schools. Why should any LSU fan root for Tech unless we were playing someone you need to lose or you were playing us and want to make your schedule stronger. Stop worrying why we hate you. That is what other schools do. If LSU was ever to show Tech ANY respect our die hard fans might stop rooting for LSU to lose every game.
    =============
    NO, NO, NO. You have twisted this all wrong. I root for tech because they are in Louisiana. I always pull for Louisiana teams. It is not backhanded at all. Where did you get that from?

Bulldog am4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around heream4titansandlsu isn't thought very highly of around here am4titansandlsu's Avatar

====================
    At what?

Quote Originally Posted by am4titansandlsu
    ====================
    At what?
    I think Tech is No. 1 with supporters to this board, BB&B.
    I think LSU is No. 2.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

hahaha and we are top in the state in most academic fields!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

It is a backhanded compliment. Like I said you cheer for SEC schools because their success HELPS LSU. You think you can cheer for Tech because we are a lower tier school. All you need to do is cheer for Tech when our win helps you. Other than that do us a favor and cheer against us. And if you are going to cheer for us please don't try and throw that in our face next time you ask why we hate you. If you want to see this state do better then start playing the best teams in the state in a home and home series.

Quote Originally Posted by DDTigerFan
    The talk of a true winner.

It is a backhanded compliment. Like I said you cheer for SEC schools because their success HELPS LSU. You think you can cheer for Tech because we are a lower tier school. All you need to do is cheer for Tech when our win helps you. Other than that do us a favor and cheer against us. And if you are going to cheer for us please don't try and throw that in our face next time you ask why we hate you. If you want to see this state do better then start playing the best teams in the state in a home and home series.
    ===========================

Wow, I think you want us to be evil. Ok, I wont ever root for tech again. I will always root against them, but cheer for southern, NWst., ULmonroe, ULL, and Tulane.

+ Reply to Thread