+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality isn't a sin...YEAH RIGHT

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Homosexuality isn't a sin...YEAH RIGHT

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

If you are episcopal consider your leader ... an idiot

JFord

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Homosexuality isn't a sin...YEAH RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...archived=False

If you are episcopal consider your leader ... an idiot

JFord
    Maybe Jesus told her that homosexuality isn't a sin. You do believe that Jesus communicates with his followers, don't you?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Maybe Jesus told her that homosexuality isn't a sin. You do believe that Jesus communicates with his followers, don't you?
    Maybe it was satan?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

OR maybe Satin is giving has convinced the others to believe it is a sin, so that discrimination runs rampant.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

These topics get rehashed over and over again. Let me see if I can sum the debate up.

The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. However, liberals believe that the words of documents such as the Bible and our Consitution are not to be taken literally. Instead, the meaning of these documents change over time. That is why the constitution has been to be interpreted as allowing gun control even though guns are explicitly protected under the constitution and homosexuality is protected even though it is not mentioned.

In some sick perverted way, some liberal ministers must be interpreting the Bible to endorse homosexuality. I don't even want to know how they come up with that garbage. Actually, I feel badly for the Episcopalians whose families have been in that faith for two centuries to have lost their church to left wing kooks.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    These topics get rehashed over and over again. Let me see if I can sum the debate up.

The Bible says homosexuality is a sin. However, liberals believe that the words of documents such as the Bible and our Consitution are not to be taken literally. Instead, the meaning of these documents change over time. That is why the constitution has been to be interpreted as allowing gun control even though guns are explicitly protected under the constitution and homosexuality is protected even though it is not mentioned.

In some sick perverted way, some liberal ministers must be interpreting the Bible to endorse homosexuality. I don't even want to know how they come up with that garbage. Actually, I feel badly for the Episcopalians whose families have been in that faith for two centuries to have lost their church to left wing kooks.
    Wanna know what the Southern Baptist perspective was about African Americans up until the last 50 years was? Hmmmm........ I think they made a huge mistake.

I am not picking on religion, though. There is a battle that every minority goes through until accepted by mainstream society. Some religions pick up the battle earlier than others. There are a LOT of changes that we all endorse since the time of Jesus and there are big changes that we all endorse since the forming of our constitution. It continues to evolve. Some for the good and, in some cases, some for the bad. However, things change and the world (and especially the people in it) evolves.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

There's a difference in racial discrimination and homosexuality. Homosexuality is explicitly forbidden by the scriptures. If you want to know what Jesus thought about racism, read the story about thw woman at the well. Acceptance of other races is promoted by the scriptures...acceptance of homosexuality is not. All that said, Christians better figure out how to minister to homosexuals the same way they need to minister to any other sinner. God can change the heart of men. A sign that says "God hates fags" won't change anybody's heart.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    There's a difference in racial discrimination and homosexuality. Homosexuality is explicitly forbidden by the scriptures. If you want to know what Jesus thought about racism, read the story about thw woman at the well. Acceptance of other races is promoted by the scriptures...acceptance of homosexuality is not. All that said, Christians better figure out how to minister to homosexuals the same way they need to minister to any other sinner. God can change the heart of men. A sign that says "God hates fags" won't change anybody's heart.
    We agree completely. Nobody I know is saying we do not have a duty to minister to homosexuals. In fact, I love to debate the question as to whether the Bible says a homosexual can be saved. It gets into the Lordship salvation debate and justification as opposed to sanctification. This will throw some of you off. I believe homosexuality is not a bar to salvation.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I believe homosexuality is not a bar to salvation.
    As is it is with ANY sin -

Whether it is murder, cheating, lying, stealing, blasphemy etc etc -

And just like with anything else - if you are TRULY saved your life will reflect your turning away from the sin - and with homosexulaity, it would mean turning away from the homosexual lifestyle -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    As is it is with ANY sin -

Whether it is murder, cheating, lying, stealing, blasphemy etc etc -

And just like with anything else - if you are TRULY saved your life will reflect your turning away from the sin - and with homosexulaity, it would mean turning away from the homosexual lifestyle -
    Bingo. Eventually, sanctification will give a sinner victory over his or her sin, assuming the Christian continues to advance to maturity as a believer.

However, I also believe that there are backsliding Christians who are saved, but do not advance. These Christians may go so far that they will suffer death. They die the unfortunate death as baby Christians.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Bingo. Eventually, sanctification will give a sinner victory over his or her sin, assuming the Christian continues to advance to maturity as a believer.

However, I also believe that there are backsliding Christians who are saved, but do not advance. These Christians may go so far that they will suffer death. They die the unfortunate death as baby Christians.
    Matthew 7:1: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Matthew 7:1: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”
    So true. I certainly try not to judge another for their sins. I have more than enough of my own to deal with. If I were a homosexual, I would be praying for deliverence from that sin just as I pray for deliverence from my current sin patterns. By admission, I am a sinner an am no better than a homosexual, prostitute or democrat.

I love how this topic recycles itself every month.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110

I love how this topic recycles itself every month.
    I was thinking the same thing. No sports to talk about unless you want to talk about 10 year old baseball. We might as well regurgitate tired political and religion debates to brush up on our debating skills.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Just show a homosexual the best thread ever.....that'll change them.

+ Reply to Thread