+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality isn't a sin...YEAH RIGHT

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Re: Homosexuality isn't a sin...YEAH RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I am just getting a bunch of touchy feely stuff from you and db2. I have not seen either one of you take scripture and refute this gay issue.
    I'm not going to refute that there's evidence that it's a sin. I just dont think it should be legislated. Give them basic rights as anyone else. (Yeah, I know that wasnt quite the argument at hand, but I like throwing in my viewpoint on gay marriage even when it's only sort of related to the topic :-P )

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    I know, and your previous post makes a good point about that too. I just wanted to show people what it feels like to be on the other side of a blanket statement.

I also just feel like too many people here view the sin of homosexulaity as being a disease, or worse than other sins, in that theyre trying to get amendments passed to the constitution to stop them from marrying, like thats going to "cure" them or something. Theyre just scared about it because allowing them basic rights would only serve to legalize their "sinful" lifestyle...but you know what? SO WHAT? Let them live in sin. Give them the same rights as us. If they want to sin in that manner, it doesnt hurt you. Gay marriage has zero effect on its opponents, except that they *make* it have an effect. They bring gay marriage into their lives by complaining about it so much.

There is no good argument against gay marriage that isnt based in christianity. And because the only argument against it is "It's a sin" there is no reason at all to legislate that. Sure, these people have tried coming up with reasons to try and make it *sound* like they have reasons beyond "It's a sin" but they dont. Sinning is their #1 reason for wanting it outlawed (followed closely by "Ew, it's just gross"), and that's pure bull-crap to me. You cannot legislate religious beliefs in this country.

So I'm fine with you guys thinking it's a sin. I just get a little upset when people try to get amendments passed to stop homosexuals from having basic rights, just because they think it's gross, and a sin. Sinners have to take personal responsibility to change, it's not up to the law to do that. I thought you guys were supposed to be about *less* government involvement.
    Well, I have always been iffy on the gay marriage thing before, but now I really dont care. I dont particularly like it being called "marriage", but that is ticky tacky. I think they should be able to share benefits if they want to, and all the other legalise, immaterial to me things. I dont view it different than any other sin, I just see it as a sin. I dont think there should be a federal amendment. I think each state should choose whether or not it would uphold gay marriages. It should be a state's decision.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I'm not going to refute that there's evidence that it's a sin. I just dont think it should be legislated. Give them basic rights as anyone else. (Yeah, I know that wasnt quite the argument at hand, but I like throwing in my viewpoint on gay marriage even when it's only sort of related to the topic :-P )
    I don't believe you treat anyone unfairly because they're a sinner of a particuliar variety - we all are. I don't think we should be mandated to provide insurance coverage for their gay partners or call it marriage. And, while it won't happen now (I'm not really overweight now), I fully expect that I would've/should've had to pay more for insurance covereage because my high risk behavior of eating too much would result in higher insurance costs. My gluttony was just as bad in God's eyes as a homosexual's sins. Just because we are born with a struggle in a certain area doesn't mean we let it win.

I hope you're not calling marriage a right. That is a whole separate issue - hope we don't have to define it constitutionally as one man one woman.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I hope you're not calling marriage a right. That is a whole separate issue - hope we don't have to define it constitutionally as one man one woman.
    If you truly believe that, you would be against legislating it, right? Anyway, I agree with dhuss on this issue to a certain point. However (as I have brought up before), if you think that they should not marry due to that being a "Christian" term, that doesn't really hold weight. There are lots of "non-Christians" that get married and there are lots of people that have different beliefs than many of us that are married. Marriage is not a "right", however, it is not a legal term to legislate, either.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I think marriage should have remained a solely Christian institution. The church failed when it put marriage in the hand of government.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    I think marriage should have remained a solely Christian institution. The church failed when it put marriage in the hand of government.
    What about the Jewish people? No marriage?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

No, see champ, Christians from 100-1500 years ago: uneducated misinterpreters... But that was then and this is now, so of *course* christians now-a-days must be more educated and informed and better equipped to correctly understand the Bible 100%...

So forget that Christians used to claim the earth was flat, and forget that christians used to claim that the Earth was the center of the solar system, and forget the fact that christians have fought just about every major scientific theory regardless of the evidence, and forget the fact that christians thought God wanted us to crusade on the holy land, and forget the fact that christians had the spanish inquisition, and forget the fact that it was christians involved in the slave trade, and forget the fact that it was christians who massacred the Indians and just about any other indigenous people of a couple other continents, and forget the fact that it was christians who beat Matthew Shephard to death for being gay, and forget the fact that it was Christians who have killed doctors and bombed abortion clinics...because that was *SO* yesterday, and this is today. These christians have it 100% right, and youre going to hell for even questioning that they might be incorrect about anything champ.

You wouldn't last long in the "No Spin Zone" w/ my podnuh Bill O'Reilly. You are spinning out of control, of control, control . . . . . . . :rolleyes4
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I believe that people are born Homsexual and born Heterosexual. I have a hard time believing God would create a mistake. That is just my belief.
    Do you believe that people are born monogamous? Are people born to serve others first and put themselves last? Are people born to turn the other cheek? Christianity is totally counter to everything the flesh desires.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    that's a nice thought but marriage was around before christianity and judaism and a lot of other religious institutions. pagans married...abraham was married and one could argue that he was not technically a jew. i'm not saying it is not a religious institution just not an exclusively judeo-christian one.

all that said honosexuality (the act not the inclination) is without a doubt defined as a sin by the bible...and i believe God still sees it that way. but we make it out to be a more agregious (sp) sin than others...and it is not. it is a big deal to God but that is because it is a sin not because it is a particular kind of sin.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I believe that people are born Homsexual and born Heterosexual.
    i believe you are wrong. we are all entitled to our beliefs. but some of those beliefs aren't based in scripture.

i understand the argument that we are all born into sin once adam and eve sinned. but how can you twist the truth so much to believe someone, anyone, could be "born homosexual". sex is learned -- not borned. we choose who we will and will not have sex with. yes, we are all attracted to different things. but that attraction (aka tempation) does not make it right.

a lot of people are attracted to drugs, drunkenness, murder, rape, etc. doesn't mean it's not a sin and is the right thing to do. just because someone is attracted to the same sex doesn't mean the bible doesn't explicitly prohibit it. no matter what liberal spin you put on it.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

There are plenty of sites that refute the scriptures about this.
    These "sites" are not Scripture. They are gay advocate sites produced by queers and/or so-called social engineers to try to influence public opinion.

All you have to do is listen to the person that this thread started about. She makes a lot of sense.
    She makes no "sense". Plus, she defines "ugly-looking".

Perhaps she was originally created in God's "image", but the dyke-makeover sure spoiled things.

I believe that people are born Homsexual and born Heterosexual. I have a hard time believing God would create a mistake..
    I agree, God would not create a mistake. But, your argument makes no sense. People are born blind, without limbs, w/extra limbs, joined together, whatever. Some of us are more "challenged" than others................... Weak point, 110; poorly taken. Grade = F. jmo.

I will be in the corner of Gay persons having all the rights under the law that others have, including being able to marry the person that they love.
    "law" ?? What "law" ?? I presume you are referring to secular "law". I'm sure that God's law (study the Scriptures) will not be preempted by the social concerns of soddomites and their naive supporters.

Nothing personal, o.c.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    These "sites" are not Scripture. They are gay advocate sites produced by queers and/or so-called social engineers to try to influence public opinion.

She makes no "sense". Plus, she defines "ugly-looking".

Perhaps she was originally created in God's "image", but the dyke-makeover sure spoiled things.

I agree, God would not create a mistake. But, your argument makes no sense. People are born blind, without limbs, w/extra limbs, joined together, whatever. Some of us are more "challenged" than others................... Weak point, 110; poorly taken. Grade = F. jmo.

"law" ?? What "law" ?? I presume you are referring to secular "law". I'm sure that God's law (study the Scriptures) will not be preempted by the social concerns of soddomites and their naive supporters.

Nothing personal, o.c.

jmo
    Don't worry, I don't take anything on this board personal. :icon_wink I have extremely tough skin.

Like I said, it is my belief. I have seen too much and studied too much to believe otherwise. After all, yours is just a belief too. You believe the Bible is clear on this, but when you look at the many translations of the Bible and interpretations by scholars, many come out with a different meaning than you. I am one of those.

I do respect your opinion, though. Oh, and I am anything but a "naive" supporter. That would be reserved for the people that choose to look at things like the masses without questioning it.:icon_wink

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I believe that people are born Homsexual and born Heterosexual. I have a hard time believing God would create a mistake. That is just my belief.
    I can't remember where I read about it, but about a month ago, I saw that in California (I think) there was a group of people trying to get a law passed that would allow them to have sexual relations with their pets. Did you see that?

Should they be allowed to have legal unions with their animals? Do you feel like they were born with those desires? Would God have created them that way or is the desire to have sex with animals a perversion?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

You believe the Bible is clear on this, but when you look at the many translations of the Bible and interpretations by scholars, many come out with a different meaning than you. I am one of those. .:icon_wink
    I believe people interpret the bible in manys ways in order to fit a conclusions that is satisfactory with there own desires.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Should they be allowed to have legal unions with their animals? Do you feel like they were born with those desires? Would God have created them that way or is the desire to have sex with animals a perversion?
    I've seen a girl who was legaly married to a dog.

In India, if you are born female and your teeth come in a particular order, it means you are going to be devoured by wild animals. To ward off this omen, it is comon practice to have that daughter married to a dog in a traditional ceremony. This binding will cause the dog to protect the girl until she is old enough to be remarried.

Not an argument against what you are saying, just totally unrelated trivia.

I don't even care about wether homosexuality is a sin. It has never come up in my walk.So rather tahn look at it scripturally, I just look at it like an engineer: Tab A fits Slot B. I also look at it like a geek: If you're gonna swordfight, use lightsabers.

+ Reply to Thread