+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football Season

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Football Season

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    So call JO and make the offer known. If nothing happens, call DR. If nothing happens, call Dr. Astroplay etc, etc, etc.
    Clyde, here is where I see your hypocrisy on the whole JO issue. When it comes to fans needing to give, fans should just give, JO shouldnt have to make calls, market, etc. When the shoe is on the other foot, and we are trying to give money to JO. We should have to call to remind him that we have money for him. Shouldnt the same principle apply? If JO shouldnt have to call fans to tell them to get their asses in the seats, why should fans have to call JO to tell him we got money for him to spend continually? Shouldnt he jump at the chance to get this going, much like fans should jump at the chance of going to a Tech game? To use your logic, fans know Tech has a football team, they should buy season tickets. JO knows about this proposal, he should jump on it without constant nagging and bugging. Am I the only one that sees this glaring hypocrisy?

dazed and confused

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Clyde, here is where I see your hypocrisy on the whole JO issue.
    No hypocrisy here. There are people on this board who before griping and moaning about something that someone else won't do will do whatever they can to take away every excuse that the someone else may have.

The man working on this project doesn't work in the athletic department anymore. A phone call to those in charge to make certain they know the money is still available and to determine if the project is still a "go" is not an unusual step.

I see your position and don't agree with it, but that's not hypocrisy.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

The man working on this project doesn't work in the athletic department anymore. A phone call to those in charge to make certain they know the money is still available and to determine if the project is still a "go" is not an unusual step.
    I didnt claim it to be an unusual step. I also dont think JO getting off of his ass and marketing more to those casual sports fan alum to let them know that "football seasn tickets are still available and the season is a go" would be an unusual step for an AD, but you have shown time and again that you dont think it is JO's job. That was my point, not the reverse. They are taking the same "non-bugging" approach JO does. You blast them, you defend Oakes. What gives?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt claim it to be an unusual step. I also dont think JO getting off of his ass and marketing more to those casual sports fan alum to let them know that "football seasn tickets are still available and the season is a go" would be an unusual step for an AD, but you have shown time and again that you dont think it is JO's job. That was my point, not the reverse. They are taking the same "non-bugging" approach JO does. You blast them, you defend Oakes. What gives?
    I don't agree with your two wrongs make a right attitude and you aren't the only one with that attitude.

I don't think it's an unusual step for the BBB team to pick up the phone and ASK about this nor do I let JO slide about the things you listed. So we agree on that.

If some people can't get along with someone, that's fine. But don't lay off not completing a task on one person when the other doesn't have the will or desire to call or check on it.

There is no longer a buffer between BBB and JO, so learn to work with him or don't. Make an effort, maybe even an extraordinary effort. Then when people's perception of BBB is bad, there is nothing there to warrant that opinion.

As it is, I'll ask JO on August 12th about the status of BBB all-sports promotion. What do I then ask when he says he doesn't know?

And before someone up north has a stroke, if he CAN say that it's not his fault

Or if he said that so-and-so followed up with me after RW left and I haven't given him a reply, its his fault.
    Last edited by Cool Hand Clyde; 08-01-2006 at 04:09 PM.

I don't agree with your two wrongs make a right attitude and you aren't the only one with that attitude.

I don't think it's an unusual step for the BBB team to pick up the phone and ASK about this nor do I let JO slide about the things you listed. So we agree on that.

If some people can't along with someone, that's fine. But don't lay off not completing a task on one person when the other doesn't have the will or desire to call or check on it.

There is no longer a buffer between BBB and JO, so learn to work with him or don't. Make an effort, maybe even an extraordinary effort. Then when people's perception of BBB is bad, there is nothing there to warrant that opinion.

As it is, I'll ask JO on August 12th about the status of BBB all-sports promotion. What do I then ask when he says he doesn't know?

Or if he said that so-and-so followed up with me after RW left and I haven't given him a reply, its his fault.
    I didnt say two wrongs make a right. I was just wondering as to why you are busting these guys balls and always giving JO the free ride is all when both are essentially doing the same thing. I have never said who was right and wrong on this issue.

I was just wondering as to why you are busting these guys balls and always giving JO the free ride is all when both are essentially doing the same thing.
    Read my response again if you didn't understand the answer.

Read my response again if you didn't understand the answer.
    You want to hold BB&B accountable for all they can do, but you dont want to do the same for our AD is all I read out of that. I understand the answer, I am just not sure why there is a double standard here. Shouldnt you hold both accountable?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Because if you had a proposal that was approved and don't the status on their end in Ruston since a key person has left, call and ask.

Or take the BBB funds that y'all said where going to all-sports sponsorship and use them for something else.

I'm sure no one will accuse you of misappropriating funds.
    Michael,

We are going to use the funds for TECH in other ways as DFM stated. I was not the one conversing with the AthDept so I will not get in the channel and make a call on this matter. The only thing I was pointing out was we offered and after a few negotiations it was verbally accepted. RW left and nothing has happened since that is all. Not trying to continue this thread on this anymore.

The money will for sure be raised and put to other uses.

MD

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

If some people can't get along with someone, that's fine. But don't lay off not completing a task on one person when the other doesn't have the will or desire to call or check on it.

No stroke here. I wasn't the one negotiating as I just stated in another post. Sounds like you need to get involved in BB&B fundraisers planning so we can make more things happen. Let's go!

You want to hold BB&B accountable for all they can do, but you dont want to do the same for our AD is all I read out of that. I understand the answer, I am just not sure why there is a double standard here. Shouldnt you hold both accountable?
    If you don't understand why I would expect someone to follow up with an initiative, I can't help you understand.

That's not having a double standard.

If you don't understand why I would expect someone to follow up with an initiative, I can't help you understand.

That's not having a double standard.
    No, I understand that. You are not understanding what I am pointing out. JO has an initiative to do all he can to further our athletics program, yet time and time again you let him off with a free pass and defend him. Yet, you are busting on these guys for doing what you defend JO for. All I ask is that you be consistent. Hold everyone accountable, tell everyone to follow up, instead of letting JO and crew off the hook on this board every time they drop the ball on something. It's a double standard, if I have ever seen one. I agree that following up on initiatives is good for EVERYBODY, not just the guys on the BB&B. Once again, you want to hold these guys accountable, buy you dont want to hold JO accountable. I am nearly done with this because I have explained this out 2 or 3 times, and you continue to dodge it. You must have learned that trick from JO himself.

Hold everyone accountable, tell everyone to follow up, instead of letting JO and crew off the hook on this board every time they drop the ball on something. It's a double standard, if I have ever seen one.

If JO or DR or anyone drops my ball, it won't be because I screwed up the hand off.

If this makes me appear to have a double standard, then I guess I do and will continue to have one. So I have no issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Sounds like you need to get involved in BB&B fundraisers planning so we can make more things happen. Let's go!
    No thanks. Too political for me. I'll continue to give money and suggest ideas when a good comes along.

I will continue to play devil's advocate as needed.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We were in a no win situation after RW left - he was the one who was making the deal "work" -

After RW left, it became very clear that a sponsorship package with us was placed on the back burner by JO's office -

After a while it became evident that maybe the best thing to do was to re-evaluate and focus our efforts elsewhere -

So we have -

We are not going to beat someone's door down to give them $12K over two years ($3k a quarter) -

We wanted the deal in place for this football season - and we wanted a WIDE enough window to ensure that we could raise the money needed by June 1st of this year -

This year it didn't work out - maybe next year we will re-evaluate if we want to try again -

All I know is ours was not the ONLY proposal that was like this....

I was told that there were somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000,000+ in potential proposals at the same stage as ours - some much bigger, some smaller -

Like I said we have refocused our efforts and hopefully within the next 30 to 60 days we will come up with our annual to do list -

Our bank account is down to less than $500 and we have ticket renewals for the MCH coming up and monthly board costs to pay -

Look for us to branch out to softball, volleyball and maybe soccer this year as well as our annual work with the baseball program - maybe even the band again if they need something else -

The equipment we purchased for baseball did not go unnoticed by the other coaches on campus -

While the marketing proposal was nice - it did not do anything tangible for TECH athletics or a particular program - purchasing items DIRECTLY for programs with signage given in their facility or game day programs maybe much more benefical to both parties -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Our bank account is down to less than $500 and we have ticket renewals for the MCH coming up and monthly board costs to pay -
    -
    Is that a call for more money? How much are you needing?

+ Reply to Thread