+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WMDs

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: WMDs

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    What conspiracy or spin? The freaking DoD just said Santorum is wrong. I doubt Kerry is inviting the DoD out to the Hamptons every weekend to sail on his yacht. And if Santorum *is* wrong, why should kerry apologize? "Sorry I didnt campaign harder, and defeat bush, sparing us from another horrible 4 years"? I've been waiting for that apology too.
    I disagree with the DoD comment. There is an anonymous source inside the DoD that has suposedly talked to NBC and others. The one point they make are that these are not THOSE weapons. They mean the weapons that were in the intelligence documents presented to Congress. However, they are definitely weapons. The same point was made during Hannity and Colmes last night.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    I disagree with the DoD comment. There is an anonymous source inside the DoD that has suposedly talked to NBC and others. The one point they make are that these are not THOSE weapons. They mean the weapons that were in the intelligence documents presented to Congress. However, they are definitely weapons. The same point was made during Hannity and Colmes last night.
    That's a huge difference. If you sent your wife to the store for some Mike's Hard Lemonade, and she came back with country time pink lemonade, would you accept "Well, it's not the lemonade I went to the store for, but it's *some kind* of lemonade" as an excuse?

So just because we found some 16 year old weapons it completely justifies intelligence documents talking about huge WMD stockpiles and a WMD program cranking out missles and a war costing 2500+ lives and $300billion+?

(To steal a line from someone on another message board) You could go to Gettysburg and find a lot of ammunition there, but that doesn't mean there's a war going on.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    It is time for your sorry ass to eat shit and die! You have nothing to with TECH except to come on here and agitate people...a common trait for loser liberals like yourself with absolutely nothing better to do between mail drops of your government checks!

You idiots love to say there were no WMDs...what did Saddam use to gas the Iranians and the Kurds? And it doesn't matter that it was 10 years ago or 15 years ago or 10 minutes ago...he used WMD materials, dumb ass!

You ever wanna carry this further...I'm damned easy to find!
    Aren't you a bit feisty today? Maybe you should go sign the dotted line and use all that aggression for fighting in our military so freedom of speech can continue to be one of our rights.

Unfortunately, Salty is right. There isn't much here. Just degraded sarin gas that Rick is trying to boost his poll ratings with. My concern before the war was the possibility of Iraq possessing Biological weapons. Those have not been found and I am not to sure they ever existed. The only good thing about this war is the fact that we are drawing in the fanatics and killing them. I just hope we aren't creating more than we are killing.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    That's the shelf life once it is released into the atmosphere, before it is aerosolized.
    If it was released into the atmosphere, that means it isn't sitting on the shelf.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Degraded and disposed of munitions that date back to pre-gulf war is the reason why we spent 2507 American lives and 300 billion dollars? Man, the radical right really must hate America. These are not the WMD we went to war over. These munitions were useless.

Rick, I'm down by 18 points, Santorum is really desperate. The good news is that his approval rating is still higher than GWB.

And where or where are those "Winnebagos of Death?" Oh, wait a minute - I saw a couple of senior citizens driving one, on their way to Branson. It was flying American and Confederate flags and sportin bumper stickers that said "so glad I voted for Bush."
    Evil Dictator, UN Resolutions not met (remember this), WMDs used on his own people in the past, numerous attempts to obtain WMDs including nukes, invading other countries, mass killings of his own people, and actual WMDs are why we are there.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg
    Evil Dictator, UN Resolutions not met (remember this), WMDs used on his own people in the past, numerous attempts to obtain WMDs including nukes, invading other countries, mass killings of his own people, and actual WMDs are why we are there.
    No, the part that got the war approved by congress was just Actual WMDs.

...which havent turned up yet.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

maybe thats why CNN hasnt reported it yet: Theyre actually calling people, and verifying facts, instead of jumping to irrational conclusions, and trying to sway America with fear and sensationalism... Just a thought.
    So THAT'S where Dan Rather ended up!

Oh no....wait....
    Last edited by DawgyNWindow; 06-22-2006 at 07:34 PM.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I still think the WMD that was being referred to was sent to Syria before DS 2 as told by an Iraqi General on Fox News one night some time ago. He implied that a Soviet Spetznaz (sp?) unit moved the whole thing via a large truck convoy within a very short timespan. Sadam tryed every trick in the book to prevent inpection of his facilities. It only makes sense that there were WMD and it was moved prior to the war. Sadam has been known to move his weapons out of country to prevent them being taken. A case in point is flying his airforce to his vowed enemy, Iran, during DS 1.
    Last edited by WWDog; 06-22-2006 at 08:22 PM.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Aren't you a bit feisty today? Maybe you should go sign the dotted line and use all that aggression for fighting in our military so freedom of speech can continue to be one of our rights.

Unfortunately, Salty is right. There isn't much here. Just degraded sarin gas that Rick is trying to boost his poll ratings with. My concern before the war was the possibility of Iraq possessing Biological weapons. Those have not been found and I am not to sure they ever existed. The only good thing about this war is the fact that we are drawing in the fanatics and killing them. I just hope we aren't creating more than we are killing.
    ..and you too are a dumbass! Since you and Salty each possess half a brain, perhaps you and he should shackup and share his government check!

BTW, I don't toe the party line...GWB has been a disappointment to me...he's too liberal and fails to stick to a conservative agenda. I'm a Reagan Republican...100%!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

That's a huge difference. If you sent your wife to the store for some Mike's Hard Lemonade, and she came back with country time pink lemonade, would you accept "Well, it's not the lemonade I went to the store for, but it's *some kind* of lemonade" as an excuse?
    But this subject is a little more esoteric. Now the case made to the UN, I think these would fit right in. But to the question, "Did Saddam have WMDs?" We have the answer, yes. Did the WMDs turn out to be exactly what intelligence thought? Well, no. But here's an exercise: What were the weapons that were in the report given to Congress?

I would definitely put this inthe good enough for me category, but I definitely do see your point that this will end up not being a black and white enough or definitive enough or adequate enough to appease most of the critics.

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    ..and you too are a dumbass! Since you and Salty each possess half a brain, perhaps you and he should shackup and share his government check!

BTW, I don't toe the party line...GWB has been a disappointment to me...he's too liberal and fails to stick to a conservative agenda. I'm a Reagan Republican...100%!
    Go ol' FU finger to you!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen their front page, it looks more like a tabloid than a national news agency.
    Agreed. What a joke of a news source.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

If it was released into the atmosphere, that means it isn't sitting on the shelf.
    meant to say half-life, sorry, good catch

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Go ol' FU finger to you!
    Stick it where it belongs and rotate...at least then you'll be doing someting useful!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Have you seen their front page, it looks more like a tabloid than a national news agency.
    CNN still doesnt have this story on their website...but guess what- neither does Fox News. I couldnt find this story at all on the main page, and you'd think something like "WMDS FOUND- LIBERALS RUNNING HOME CRYING TO MAMA" would stick around more than a day on Fox News, being the last bastion of fair and balanced reporting...

Speaking of Fair and Balanced, Fox News has a story on the main page called "The Road To Hell, Paved With Liberals?" Yeah, that's not tabloid material at all...must be completely factual, and unbiased.

+ Reply to Thread