+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WMDs

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: WMDs

I just received this by email. Can anyone suggest what to write to the person who sent me this?

George W. bush
    The White House, USA

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:
    I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days.
    My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:
    I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
    I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use.
    By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:
    I graduated from Yale University with a low C average.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
    I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.
    I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975.
    I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
    I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
    With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
    I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
    During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
    I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
    I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
    With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
    I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
    I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
    I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
    I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
    I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
    I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
    I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs
    I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history.
    My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her. I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.
    I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
    My largest lifetime campaign con tributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron.
    My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.
    More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
    I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
    I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.
    I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
    I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history.
    I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
    I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
    I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.
    I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
    I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
    I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).
    I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
    I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
    After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
    I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
    I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
    I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.
    I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.
    In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.
    I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
    I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.
    I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osam a Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
    All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
    All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
    All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-president, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE AND MY PARTY WHEN VOTING IN 2006

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I just received this by email. Can anyone suggest what to write to the person who sent me this?
    Well, aub, obviously you have to say "John Kerry is a flip-flopper, therefore everything in that email is invalid and W is automatically the best president ever" Or at least thats the way I read into everyone's replies here when a similar email was brought up in 2004.

Because hey, it doesnt matter that W has done all that bad stuff- he's a Christian who doesnt flip-flop, and thats why he's a Top 5 president.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I am not going to debate the whole thing, but I would say the first 10 to 15 list of "accomplishments", Bush had no power over. Anything economic was not Bush's fault at the beginning of his tenure. Once again, we had just gone through one of the best economic periods of our history under Clinton. We were going to hit a hard wall after running that hard for that long. Not to mention 9/11. So, all of the bankruptcy, job loss, stock market crap is more circumstantial than any policy Bush undertook.

The whole Enron thing is just funny because Enron was at the height of its corruptione when Clinton was in office, but we all know that Clinton liked that economy running hot and Enron was helping fuel the fire, so not many checks and balances were in place.

As for anything to do with the UN or Europeans not liking us, well who gives a crap? Most Europeans are how do I say it? Pussies. The UN is a joke.

I am not going to sit here and act like Bush has done a good job. I hate his overspending, his running of the war, and his overall lack of guidance and leadership, but I am not going to blame him for everything. It is ridiculous.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I'm only 1/3 of the President's age, and if someone listed out in order the bad stuff I've done in my life, it would not be pretty either.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    I'm only 1/3 of the President's age, and if someone listed out in order the bad stuff I've done in my life, it would not be pretty either.
    Youre not the leader of 300 million people either, though.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Youre not the leader of 300 million people either, though.
    The same point goes for every President in the history of America. How many owned slaves? Let's not even bring up the name Kennedy. LBJ, ouch. Have we already forgotten Clinton? Lincoln's list of things he did while in office. Jackson's list of things he did before office. FDR... well both.

I'm just saying that you can list only the bad qualities of a person in history and you will have a large list no matter which person you pick. (Other than Jesus Christ and Norman Borlaug) That letter is a little unfair. I would say the same thing if you sent it about Lincoln.

+ Reply to Thread