I'm a little late posting this, but......

For those of you who knew Dr. James Christian (Biology Professor), he passed away the other day. I never had one of his classes, but he used to come to the gas station where I worked in college (Burt's Chevron) and I always thought he was a great guy.

James A. Christian, PhD(06-23-2006)
Graveside services for James Christian, 71, of Ruston, will be 6 p.m. Sunday, June 25, 2006 at Pines Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Ruston under the direction of Kilpatrick Funeral Home of Ruston.

Mr. Christian passed away on Wednesday, June 21, 2006, in West Monroe following a brief illness. He was a longtime resident of Ruston and was a member of Grace United Methodist Church. Mr. Christian was a graduate of the University of Missouri where he earned his PhD, MA and Bachelor of Science. He served his Post Doctorate at the University of Indiana. He served 10 years in Naval Air Reserves. He was retired from Louisiana Tech after 35 years in the Biology Dept. where he taught Plant Taxonomy and Genetics. Mr. Christian was preceded in death by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Edward J. Christian; brother, Edward Jones Christian, II; granddaughter, Mary Catherine Christian.

He is survived by his wife of 51 years, Charlotte Christian of Ruston; children, Gary Christian and wife Meredith of Shawnee, Kansas, Dick Christian and wife LeMoyne of Ruston, Susan Norred and husband Sonny of Choudrant, and John Christian and wife Theresa of Ruston; grandchildren, Emma Christian, Joe Peddy, Laurie Robbins, Elizabeth, Richard and Allyson Christian, Stephen Norred, Ellie Norred, Alexander, John Micah, and Emmaline Christian; three great grandchildren; brother, Ralph Neill Christian of Marietta, Ga.; and sister-in-law, Gretchen Christian of Ft. Dodge, Ia.

Memorials may be made to the Dixie Center for Arts or to the Methodist Children's Home.

Visitation will be 1-3 p.m. Sunday, June 25, 2006 at the funeral home.

Online messages may be sent to www.kilpatrickfuneralhomes.com.