+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pastor of Temple Baptist Resigns

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Pastor of Temple Baptist Resigns

I'm a member at Jefferson Baptist Church here in Baton Rouge, where Tommy French has been our ownly pastor - ever for something like 45+ years. He's 76 now. There are definitely some questions starting about what happens after he decides to retire. Its going to be hard after his long years of service. My years at Temple were wonderful, and I do hate to see them struggle.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I'm a member at Jefferson Baptist Church here in Baton Rouge, where Tommy French has been our ownly pastor - ever for something like 45+ years. He's 76 now. There are definitely some questions starting about what happens after he decides to retire. Its going to be hard after his long years of service. My years at Temple were wonderful, and I do hate to see them struggle.
    Isn't there a Tommy Jr.? I thought he already took his place.

And when did you leave Woodlawn?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I think the intentional interim idea is a pretty smart one for churches moving away from long-term pastorates. Give people a bit of breathing room and address some of the issues that will be tied in with change. Churches are notorious for resisting change and it's virtually impossible for a new pastor not to want to change some things -- no two people are the same.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I've been at Jefferson for a couple of years. No, Bro. French is the original jewel. Age does some good things for you - lets you say some things that you wouldn't say possibly from the pulpit at a younger age. He calls sins some ugly biblical words and isn't afraid to give his views on any topic. Guess old Spinmachine wouldn't think much of it, but oh well.

+ Reply to Thread