+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pastor of Temple Baptist Resigns

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Re: Pastor of Temple Baptist Resigns

John Hays says they are paying 140K. It should not be hard to find a good man for the job.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    John Hays says they are paying 140K. It should not be hard to find a good man for the job.
    I would hope that "a good man" would not take this "job" for the money it offers. At least for Temple's sake, I hope that's the case.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I would hope that "a good man" would not take this "job" for the money it offers. At least for Temple's sake, I hope that's the case.
    Hmmmm.....are we being judgmental again?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Hmmmm...we seem to be blurring the line between judging and discerning. Furthermore, can you judge a fictitous person? As far as I know, they haven't replace Dr. Willets just yet.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14
    T-MO-Dr. Uth is one of those pastors that could be termed irreplaceable!
    david uth is an amazing man -- excellent preacher, aparently a fine leader, and has one of the best memories of anyone i have ever known. i met him ONCE when i sang (as part of a group of 25) at immanuel baptist in el dorado (where he was pastor before west monroe). five or six years later, he called to me by name when he saw me accross a sporting goods store in pecanland mall. i still can't believe the memory on that guy.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Apparently I was right on the other thread. Your reading comprehension is deplorable. Please tell me who I have judged, first in this thread, and secondly anywhere else. I would like examples please.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Apparently I was right on the other thread. Your reading comprehension is deplorable. Please tell me who I have judged, first in this thread, and secondly anywhere else. I would like examples please.
    Not wasting my time for your benefit. I'm sure in your narrow-minded thoughts you actually think you're right, but that's okay, we all make mistakes.

Not wasting my time for your benefit. I'm sure in your narrow-minded thoughts you actually think you're right, but that's okay, we all make mistakes.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Once again, you show your stupidity and now can't back it up.

Varsity Bulldog DRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really nice DRay563's Avatar

Tech88, in Dirtydawg's defense, his quotation of "good people" was in reference to the previous post (#16). His statement was well-received from my end, as a Temple-going member, as I would hope that a person seeking the position of pastoral-ship would come to Temple because it was God's will, not for the money. As such, I felt nothing judgmental from his statements.

Now you two stop bickering.

Also, in Dr. Willets' defense, I would say that this forced resignation has the stamp of a long-term effect of the unfortunate death of his daughter and wife. Things like that can suck the life out of anyone, I don't care who you are. The man is capable, knowledgable, and has met with me on several occasions to discuss things on my own heart.

Also, what's past is past. Dr. Willets is no longer pastor, and that's that. Right decision or wrong decision, the church must continue to move forward and seek God's will, find the good in all of this, and progress no matter what the opposition.

Daniel

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRay563
    Also, what's past is past. Dr. Willets is no longer pastor, and that's that. Right decision or wrong decision, the church must continue to move forward and seek God's will, find the good in all of this, and progress no matter what the opposition.
    you're right the past is past. and the past hasn't been that great to temple lately. i will continue to keep the church in my prayers as they try to move forward. ever since deciding to build that new building, things just haven't gone well for the direction of the church. hopefully, you guys can get a quality leader and some stability. i liked dr. willets and wished things would have worked out differently for him.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

I don't know anything about Dr. Willets, but if he's still looking, our pastor from Istrouma Baptist left a couple of weeks ago. We are planning to have the search committee in place by the end of the month. Someone who knows him can contact him and tell him to contact Istrouma Baptist Church in Baton Rouge. It's a fairly large church.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I don't know anything about Dr. Willets, but if he's still looking, our pastor from Istrouma Baptist left a couple of weeks ago. We are planning to have the search committee in place by the end of the month. Someone who knows him can contact him and tell him to contact Istrouma Baptist Church in Baton Rouge. It's a fairly large church.
    heard yesterday that dr. willets has gotten remarried and is moving back home to oklahoma to be a pastor at a church in his home state.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    heard yesterday that dr. willets has gotten remarried and is moving back home to oklahoma to be a pastor at a church in his home state.
    Did he marry Kilpatrick?

Varsity Bulldog DRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really nice DRay563's Avatar

They were engaged directly prior to him being forced to quit, but their engagement was not a factor in the decision made by the Deacons Committee (am aware of this via first hand information). So, I assume that yes, he did marry Ms. Melanie Kilpatrick.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

At UBC here in BR we had a similar chain of events. George Haille, former Tech BB player and BSU director, served as our pastor for 30 years. Our next pastor came from seminary and returned to teaching after 3 years.

It is very common for the pastor or two following a long tenured pastor to be "unintentional interims". Following Keith's return to teaching (at Samford), we elected to go through a formal "intentional interim" process to deal with some issues, decide who we were and who we wanted to be, tried hard to make sure that is what God wanted us to be, and then did a search committee. It turned out to be a great thing for us. I have not heard of any issues at Temple, but the process has some great facilitators who can identify and help you celebrate what is good about your past and shake off the baggage that holds you back. lt was tough, and we lost some members in the process, but we are really a lot better off now.

All of my college girlfriends and wife attended Temple. I wish you the best in finding the next pastor.
    Last edited by TechDAG; 10-05-2006 at 06:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread