+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else been reading about...

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Has anyone else been reading about...

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    What the hell are you talking about? I am talking about people that came into this country illegally, I dont know what you are talking about when you say shouldnt be illegal or all immigrants. I am talking about illegal immigrants that dont have ITINs and dont have papers to be in this country. Those who chose to ignore the law and just waltz into our country unannounced.
    What the hell I'm talking about is that the only thing more assine than Fox is our current immigration policy, which is to look the other way and blink, let them in illegally, and then hear people like you complain about it.

These immigrants should not be here illegally. You and others are proposing that we just kick them all out and not let any in until Fox has some type of agreement that we trade workers. I'm saying, no, if you want to send us your best workers, we have open arms.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    What the hell I'm talking about is that the only thing more assine than Fox is our current immigration policy, which is to look the other way and blink, let them in illegally, and then hear people like you complain about it.

These immigrants should not be here illegally. You and others are proposing that we just kick them all out and not let any in until Fox has some type of agreement that we trade workers. I'm saying, no, if you want to send us your best workers, we have open arms.
    I am sure they all tried their best to become legal, but we just shut it down. I am sure when 95 percent of them were jumping the fence, they were thinking about getting in the US legally. Yeh right. You keep blaming it all on the US government and being an apologist. I wont be.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I am sure they all tried their best to become legal, but we just shut it down. I am sure when 95 percent of them were jumping the fence, they were thinking about getting in the US legally. Yeh right. You keep blaming it all on the US government and being an apologist. I wont be.
    You crack me up. Just as the liberals are alarmist on global warming, conservatives are alarmist on immigration. You won't shut me up by calling me names any more than Daybreaker will shut me up about homosexual marriages by calling me a Nazi.

If you think I am "blaming" the US, you are full of it. I am saying that we need these people. We are a country of immigrants. Some very hard working people want to come into our country to fill the need for manual laborers that we don't have because our manual laborers are too lazy and work too slow to do the job.

If you think that our current immigration laws are adequate, then you are in a small minority.

To make it clear. Illegal is illegal. I agree with that. However, we need to change our laws to have a reasonable work VISA policy. This turn away and wink policy is stupid, and clearly is not working. I am not talking about the problem that is already here. As to that problem, there really is no good solution I can think of.

So, again, the problem I have with your thinking is that you don't want to come up with a reasonable work VISA policy for future immigrants until Mexico reciprocates. I believe we should come up with a reasonable work VISA policy because we are a resonable people, not in reaction to what Mexico does. If we wait until Mexico becomes reasonable, we will be waiting forever.

It is unreasonable to be unreasonable just because somebody else is being unreasonable.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

You crack me up. Just as the liberals are alarmist on global warming, conservatives are alarmist on immigration. You won't shut me up by calling me names any more than Daybreaker will shut me up about homosexual marriages by calling me a Nazi.

If you think I am "blaming" the US, you are full of it. I am saying that we need these people. We are a country of immigrants. Some very hard working people want to come into our country to fill the need for manual laborers that we don't have because our manual laborers are too lazy and work too slow to do the job.

If you think that our current immigration laws are adequate, then you are in a small minority.

To make it clear. Illegal is illegal. I agree with that. However, we need to change our laws to have a reasonable work VISA policy. This turn away and wink policy is stupid, and clearly is not working. I am not talking about the problem that is already here. As to that problem, there really is no good solution I can think of.

So, again, the problem I have with your thinking is that you don't want to come up with a reasonable work VISA policy for future immigrants until Mexico reciprocates. I believe we should come up with a reasonable work VISA policy because we are a resonable people, not in reaction to what Mexico does. If we wait until Mexico becomes reasonable, we will be waiting forever.

It is unreasonable to be unreasonable just because somebody else is being unreasonable.
    I never said we shouldnt come up with a better VISA policy, maybe we should. I dont mind immigrants coming into the country and maybe we do lack there. My point is that this should be what is best for the US, not what is best for the politicians. Politicians are soft on this issue because they dont want to piss off the hispanic population; therefore, they let Vicente Fox run his mouth. Maybe if we changed our laws, we could help our country out and the immigrants that want to get into this country, all the while we would shut Fox up and force him to have the same policies. This all wasnt even the point of my post. My point is that we shouldnt let Vicente Fox run his mouth and turn around and do the stuff that he does.

BTW, just because a law might be wrong doesnt make it right to break it either. There are many laws I dont agree with, but it doesnt mean that I go break them. I might think that they should be changed, and that is understandable. I just dont believe in the,"well, it should be legal" approach. I understand that the US being lax on the law hasnt helped deter either. So using your unreasonable to unreasonable. I will tell you two wrongs done make a right.

Work VISAs are fine by me as long as these people pay their taxes to the good ole US and take up jobs that need to be done, I dont care. I am all for immigrant rights, but get them legal.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I am fine with an immigration plan, but I would like it to include the following:

1) Seal up the border to prevent terrorists to come in like the illegals are now.
    2) Work permits of some sort. I understand such an animal exists now, but there aren't that many that actually come in that way.
    3) There needs to be some advantage for those who come in legally in terms of attaining citizenship.
    4) I'd definitely make everyone who is here legally at least return home to be able to come back in legally on some sort of path to citizenship.

I agree w/ Sooner that it would be devestating to have all of the illegals gone instantaneously, but there has to be some sort of way to make it where our border is not a joke - from Mexico and Canada. I'd just as soon that the current crop of illegals start paying taxes like the rest of us, too.

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I'd just as soon that the current crop of illegals start paying taxes like the rest of us, too.
    Yeh, that is all i am really concerned with. I dont want the illegals gone, I just want them to pay taxes like the rest of us and not mooch off of us. My comments towards Fox were just pointing out his glaring hypocrisy and how he is running his mouth because he knows he can.

Yeh, that is all i am really concerned with. I dont want the illegals gone, I just want them to pay taxes like the rest of us and not mooch off of us. My comments towards Fox were just pointing out his glaring hypocrisy and how he is running his mouth because he knows he can.
    Okay, we finally agree.

A possible solution to the tax problem is a national sales tax and get rid of the income tax.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Okay, we finally agree.

A possible solution to the tax problem is a national sales tax and get rid of the income tax.
    I love that idea because it would get all the "moochers" paying taxes - the home grown variety that work off the books, the drug dealers....everyone.

Nice idea, too bad it makes too much sense.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Nice idea, too bad it makes too much cents.......
    ....for the super-super rich.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    The super-super rich love the current tax system. I am middle class, and I would much rather a sales tax. The super-super rich will not support a national sales tax.

You have to be either very poor or very rich to be liberal.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

The super-super rich love the current tax system. I am middle class, and I would much rather a sales tax. The super-super rich will not support a national sales tax.

LOL!!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Or touched in the head

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    The super-super rich find ways to bow out of income tax now. I think if you had a national sales tax, it would be unavoidable. The only problem I have with it is that consumers might not adjust well to it. If sales tax went up a good bit, people might be more scared to make purchases. I know they would have more disposable income now, so they could swing it, but some people just dont like to sway from the norm, like Salty. They are scared to change anything with SS or taxes because they are afraid they will get jipped.

The super-super rich find ways to bow out of income tax now. I think if you had a national sales tax, it would be unavoidable. The only problem I have with it is that consumers might not adjust well to it. If sales tax went up a good bit, people might be more scared to make purchases. I know they would have more disposable income now, so they could swing it, but some people just dont like to sway from the norm, like Salty. They are scared to change anything with SS or taxes because they are afraid they will get jipped.
    DH, American citizens get tax on their worldwide income. Eliminate the income tax and the super-super rich just move off-shore to a country with no sales tax.

The top 1% of the taxpayers pay a big chuck of the income taxes today. That means that with a national sales tax the poor and the middle class will have to pay 2 or 3 times the taxes that pay now.

Now, if your are part of the super-super rich crowd, I can understand you wanting a National sales tax instead of an income tax. But if you are middle class then you better re-think your support for a national sales tax.

+ Reply to Thread