+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone else been reading about...

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Has anyone else been reading about...

Markay, I agree with several things you say. I believe before anything productive can be done we must gain control of our borders. The reason people are not using the work visa program is that it puts them in the legal mainstream and, therefore, responsble to our government and our laws. (Why bother with any beauracratic red tape when you can just walk in, steal someone's identity and and have it all your way.) There needs to be some determination of just how many workers we need and then adjust the visa program to allow for fast access to the appropriate number of people. However, the visa program needs to be severely tightened up so that people who come here to work can not overstay their visa. Once we have a good system for work visas all others must use normal immigration procedures. People who follow normal immigration procedures have an established path to citizenship. People on work visas who want to pursue citizenship must get in line following the normal immigration procedures. I do not believe there should be a separate procedure for people here on work visas. Once we have our borders secured and a viable work visa program, the people who are here illegally must return to their country and apply for the work visa. Anyone who has stolen an American's identity or commited any other crime would not be allowed back. I have no sympathy for those who complain that they had babies here, etc., and that returning to Mexico or wherever is a hardship. I just don't feel we should allow them to place that problem on our shoulders. There should be some unpleasant consequences for breaking our laws. Children born in America to illegal alien parents should not automatically be made citizens.
    Again, securing our borders must be done first or nothing can be done to improve this horrible situation.
    Regarding Mexico, it is clear to me they are not partners in this illegal immigration fiasco. To hell with them, George Bush and the U.S. Senate. We need people in office who are going to look out for the interests of the American people, not big business, Mexico or whoever else has them under their thumb. (OK, someone ask me how I really feel. )

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG
    The reason people are not using the work visa program is that it puts them in the legal mainstream and, therefore, responsble to our government and our laws. (Why bother with any beauracratic red tape when you can just walk in, steal someone's identity and and have it all your way.)
    That is simply not a true statement. Almost all of the Mexican immigrants would much prefer to be here legally. The reason they are not is because of the absurd red tape in the current work visa program cannot keep up with the demand. There is no excuse for the crazy delays in this day and age of computers.

As to your suggestion that it is big business is driving the demand, I just don't see that. It looks like to me it is the small and medium sized contractors who are causing the demand.

Immigration is the conservative's global warming. Logic is out the window in favor of fear.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    You have to be either very poor or very rich to be liberal.
    "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Clyde, that was plain ole cruel. I hope to get you some logos this week.

Lauren spends all her time digging in yard, removing honeysuckle and transplanting flowers and native plants.

sunday, she got me to dig up an 18-inch oak tree that was about to be crushed by the next-door developer's crushed silt fence!

I finally snapped off the tap root after I had dug so deep my arm pit was touching the ground! If that tree doesn't grow and proper, I'll be pretty depressed.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Aub.

Not cruel, just profound

Good luck with your tree.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I always love the idea that the RICH or super-rich don't pay income tax -

I have several clients - whose AGI and TAXABLE income is in the millions of dollars annually - they and I have yet to find a way to not pay taxes - the S-Corp or the LLC or the LP may not pay the tax - but the Shareholders and members do - even if they funnel it through a various web of LPs, LLCs and family LP's - if money was made, taxes were paid on it -

Remember that 85% of the tax burden RIGHT now is shouldered by less than 5% of the tax paying public -

Now THAT's Something to think about -

What the Dems and Liberal's don't want to tell you is that a NATIONAL SALES TAX is a FAIRER tax system than what's in place right now because it is a CONSUMPTION tax -

A National Sales tax removes alot of the "hidden" cash transactions and puts them legitimately into the revenue stream -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    What the Dems and Liberal's don't want to tell you is that a NATIONAL SALES TAX is a FAIRER tax system than what's in place right now because it is a CONSUMPTION tax -

A National Sales tax removes alot of the "hidden" cash transactions and puts them legitimately into the revenue stream -
    If the devils on the left had any say, their supporters would go buy goods and get money back, much like giving a tax credit to people who don't pay taxes.

Imbeciles!

+ Reply to Thread