+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Lay

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Ken Lay

Just saw on Drudge that Ken Lay is dead after an apparent heart attack.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: Ken Lay

Confirmed.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

rumors are flying

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

He has faked his death.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

He died in Aspen too, in his winter ski house, I am sure. A luxury most criminals are afforded I am sure.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I hope this does not stop the goverment from getting $ 45+ million he stole form his employess and investors.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

His death led me to thinking which I'd rather. I'd NEVER/EVER kill myself, but would I rather die than go to jail for essentially the rest of my life? Yes. I THINK so....not sure. I imagine the stress of such a dramatic planned (or planned for him) change to his lifestyle was just too much. I imagine it'd be really tough on anyone.

I expect that settling his estate will keep many a lawyer busy for a lot of years to come. There are lots of people that want whatever it is that he really has leftover.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

This is truly a tragic ending. I really feel for his family.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    His death led me to thinking which I'd rather. I'd NEVER/EVER kill myself, but would I rather die than go to jail for essentially the rest of my life? Yes. I THINK so....not sure. I imagine the stress of such a dramatic planned (or planned for him) change to his lifestyle was just too much. I imagine it'd be really tough on anyone.

I expect that settling his estate will keep many a lawyer busy for a lot of years to come. There are lots of people that want whatever it is that he really has leftover.
    I doubt he would have gone to "federal pound me in the a$$ prison", he would have probably gone to some "white collar resort" with "conjugal visits". Still a huge change for someone with such a lavish lifestyle, but nothing like the normal criminal gets.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I doubt he would have gone to "federal pound me in the a$$ prison", he would have probably gone to some "white collar resort" with "conjugal visits". Still a huge change for someone with such a lavish lifestyle, but nothing like the normal criminal gets.
    I don't care what "country club" prison they were going to send me to, when I can't leave when I want, they want to do body searches for contraband, and the like. Its prison, and I'd not be interested in spending even a day there....much less the rest of my life. Even if the prisoners aren't treated as harshly as they might deserve, prison is still way different than being free.

I've often thought that there gets to be a new normal for prisoners that know they'll be there for the rest of their lives. I'm sure it becomes their new "world", but I can't imagine going from any kind of normal life to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I don't care what "country club" prison they were going to send me to, when I can't leave when I want, they want to do body searches for contraband, and the like. Its prison, and I'd not be interested in spending even a day there....much less the rest of my life. Even if the prisoners aren't treated as harshly as they might deserve, prison is still way different than being free.

I've often thought that there gets to be a new normal for prisoners that know they'll be there for the rest of their lives. I'm sure it becomes their new "world", but I can't imagine going from any kind of normal life to prison.
    Like Shawshank Redemption, you get "institutionalized". I know it is a movie, but I bet there is a lot of truth in it. the sad things is that for some, prison is better than being free.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Ken Lay died from severe disease in his coronary arteries. He developed CHD from having lunch every day at Chris Ruth Steakhouse and dinner at a Five $$$$$ French restaurant.

He definitely would have had a hard time adjusting to prison food.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

How has "Big E" Edwin Edwards adjusted to prison life?

Don't know, don't care, just glad he's there

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Ken Lay died from severe disease in his coronary arteries. He developed CHD from having lunch every day at Chris Ruth Steakhouse and dinner at a Five $$$$$ French restaurant.

He definitely would have had a hard time adjusting to prison food.
    Is that a copycat of Ruth Chris Steakhouse?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    How has "Big E" Edwin Edwards adjusted to prison life?

Don't know, don't care, just glad he's there
    About a year ago, I read an article about his life in prison. He is a file clerk and runner.

What was funny to me is that he is in charge of the copy and fax machines. It seems like to me they would learn from G. Gordon Liddy, but apparently not.

+ Reply to Thread