+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds not an All-Star...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Barry Bonds not an All-Star...

and people are surprised? He has played terribly this season. I remember Cal Ripken making it his last year, which was very subpar, but he was very respected and liked, so he was voted in. I am also getting tired of the Chasing Aaron thing ESPN is doing. he has almost 40 HRs to go. He isnt going to reach it this year. Just hold off until next year to start the countdown. It is almost like ESPN feels sorry for the cheater and wants to give him good publicity or something.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: Barry Bonds not an All-Star...

I'm not surprised. A 240 BA and "rests" every other game.

His personal trainer is going to prison for refusing to testify. Bonds must be paying him a lot of money.
    Go Tech!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg

His personal trainer is going to prison for refusing to testify. Bonds must be paying him a lot of money.
    That is kind of what I was thinking...

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg

Would I vote Barry Bonds an All Star based on this year? No. Would I vote him an All Star based on his career? Yes. He had a slump early in the year until he passed Ruth because he was trying to pass Ruth. But he has proven through his career he is one of the best (if not the best) players in the game.

And Dhuss, if you and the rest of the country really didn't care about and were sick of hearing about Bonds this thread would not have been started. Does it make you feel better to know Barry is not an All Star this year? It isn't that big of a deal.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Would I vote Barry Bonds an All Star based on this year? No. Would I vote him an All Star based on his career? Yes. He had a slump early in the year until he passed Ruth because he was trying to pass Ruth. But he has proven through his career he is one of the best (if not the best) players in the game.

And Dhuss, if you and the rest of the country really didn't care about and were sick of hearing about Bonds this thread would not have been started. Does it make you feel better to know Barry is not an All Star this year? It isn't that big of a deal.
    Barry Bonds is the poster boy for what is wrong with baseball. He admitted to "unknowingly" taking steroids, and it is a fact that his head size has grown since he has been in the majors. There are only two ways for the human head to grow once adult, one is a rare medical condition where he would not be able to play baseball, the other is HGH. Bonds took HGH, that is a fact. He cheated, and in my opinion should be banned from baseball and the hall of fame. What he did is much worse than what pete rose did. he was a great player before steroids/HGH, but he wouldnt be anywhere near Aaron, Ruth, or Mays without them.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    Barry Bonds is the poster boy for what is wrong with baseball. He admitted to "unknowingly" taking steroids, and it is a fact that his head size has grown since he has been in the majors. There are only two ways for the human head to grow once adult, one is a rare medical condition where he would not be able to play baseball, the other is HGH. Bonds took HGH, that is a fact. He cheated, and in my opinion should be banned from baseball and the hall of fame. What he did is much worse than what pete rose did. he was a great player before steroids/HGH, but he wouldnt be anywhere near Aaron, Ruth, or Mays without them.
    Couldn't have been put better.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Yeah, Bonds "may" have taken steroids/HGH, but so has 80% of the players in baseball. You gonna ban everyone else from baseball or just the guy who benefited the most from them?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Yeah, Bonds "may" have taken steroids/HGH, but so has 80% of the players in baseball. You gonna ban everyone else from baseball or just the guy who benefited the most from them?
    If you can get as much evidence against them as they have on Bonds, yes, kick them all out. McGwire, Palmeiro, Sheffield, Giambi, and all those guys who have been suspended that i cant remember, all of them out for good. Baseball should have a one strike and youre out policy.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

If you can get as much evidence against them as they have on Bonds, yes, kick them all out. McGwire, Palmeiro, Sheffield, Giambi, and all those guys who have been suspended that i cant remember, all of them out for good. Baseball should have a one strike and youre out policy.
    They don't have evidence on Bonds. Atleast not anything conclusive. If they did Bonds would be out of baseball now and under arrest for perjury. Instead the FG is still investigating Bonds and he continues to play in MLB. Seriously everyone needs to get over themselves. I am sick of hearing everyone parade around Game of Shadows like it proves anyhting. The writers of the book are in more trouble than Bonds now. THAT should tell you exactly how reliable their evidence is. I am not going to try and argue Bonds hasn't used anything because more people have already made up their mind. Rather I will argue there is no evidence against Bonds.

They don't have evidence on Bonds. Atleast not anything conclusive. If they did Bonds would be out of baseball now and under arrest for perjury. Instead the FG is still investigating Bonds and he continues to play in MLB. Seriously everyone needs to get over themselves. I am sick of hearing everyone parade around Game of Shadows like it proves anyhting. The writers of the book are in more trouble than Bonds now. THAT should tell you exactly how reliable their evidence is. I am not going to try and argue Bonds hasn't used anything because more people have already made up their mind. Rather I will argue there is no evidence against Bonds.
    They dont have a positive drug test, that doesnt mean he never used steroids or HGH. Like I said, doctors have said the head growth is only possible those two ways, so Bonds used HGH. Also I find it hard to believe that his personal trainer and so many people he's involved with have been caught with steroids, yet Bonds is completely innocent. Please, everyone knows Bonds and many others have been cheating since the mid 90's, some just refuse to admit it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

juice, every time you argue for bonds, you show both your naivety and ignorance when it comes to this issue. the federal government wants to crack down on this in a big, big way. they are still collecting evidence. you act like they have nothing. oh, they have stuff. plenty of stuff. they want more. they're being greedy. they want to bury bonds.

and you act like the two writers are gonna head to jail because they committed perjury or lied. no, they are in trouble because they aren't giving up their sources to the federal government. it's something they, and the chronicle along with many other newspapers across the country, are willing to fight for.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    juice, every time you argue for bonds, you show both your naivety and ignorance when it comes to this issue. the federal government wants to crack down on this in a big, big way. they are still collecting evidence. you act like they have nothing. oh, they have stuff. plenty of stuff. they want more. they're being greedy. they want to bury bonds.

and you act like the two writers are gonna head to jail because they committed perjury or lied. no, they are in trouble because they aren't giving up their sources to the federal government. it's something they, and the chronicle along with many other newspapers across the country, are willing to fight for.
    How was any og that arguing for Bonds? All I said is the evidence against Bonds isn't as conclusive as most want to believe. According to Game of Shadows Bonds should already be buried. Tell me why Bonds is still playing baseball if they have all of this evidence.

I know why the journalists are in trouble and why they don't want to give their sources. But they are still in more trouble than Bonds is now. The journalist in you is sticking out here. They are in trouble for publishing info they shouldn't.

Call that sticking up for Bonds if you want (I do stick up for Bonds often). I prefer to think of it as objectivity until evidence is out. Would have been great if the Chronicles reporters could have waited until the FG decided to charge Bonds to publish any of this. But of course the publicity of being the first to break the story is more important than making sure you have facts straight or letting the FG uncover the steroids problem without the media attention.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm sure Bond's trainer is going to jail on principle...

He cheated Juice, you know it. Everybody KNOWS it. When the other shoe finally falls, it will be bad for Bonds and worse for baseball because they've asked for this.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I prefer to think of it as objectivity until evidence is out.
    If the evidence isn't out, what makes you think it isn't substantial?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    If the evidence isn't out, what makes you think it isn't substantial?
    Please tell me where I said anything in this thread about him being innocent. I did that in other threads and I said on this one I will stay out of that debate because there is no point in that argument. This one issue though is what pisses me off the most about the media. There are times the media is justified in breaking stories in this manner...and entertainment related areas is not one of them. I hate reading reports of why some reporter thinks someone is guilty. In all cases I would much rather prefer them to SHUT UP and let the trial process work itself out. In several cases this media attention only hurts the process. Their purpose should be to provide news and start rumors. If said rumors are true we can talk about it after the fair trial. But sadly time and time again we see that "the jury" has already made up their mind before hearing the actual evidence...as we are seeing in this case. We have this system for a reason. That is why the Chronicles writers are in trouble. Whether or not Bonds is guilty has no standing on my point. What if the next person that is found guilty in the public's eye isn't guilty?

Which is why I suggest if you are really tired of Bonds let the story die. Until reports came out that Bonds didn't make the All Star team, when was the last time you heard about him?

+ Reply to Thread