+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barry Bonds not an All-Star...

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Barry Bonds not an All-Star...

Quote Originally Posted by cmendawg
    But I do smile every time I think of Hindenburg and Heidegger.
    let's just say i used to very naive and trustworthy. i learned a lot that day.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Barry Bonds not an All-Star...

This article says that MLB is expecting the grand jury to indict Bonds within a couple of weeks. Too bad they didn't have the backbone to do this themselves.

If they would take a couple of guys like Bonds and Palmiero and ban them from the game for life, that would wake a lot of other players up....just my 2 cents.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5775956?FSO1&ATT=HMA

Report: Bonds indictment could come soon

According to a report in the New York Daily News, several sources within Major League Baseball expect a San Francisco grand jury to indict Giants slugger Barry Bonds, possibly even as early as next week.

The senior sources said they have no inside information, but expect Bonds to be indicted before the grand jury that has been hearing evidence against him expires within the next couple of weeks.

Several sources within MLB said they found plenty of damning information about Bonds in their own investigation, launched secretly a year before commissioner Bud Selig appointed former U.S. Senator George Mitchell in March to head an MLB inquiry into steroid use.
    Bonds faces possible indictment for perjury and tax evasion. When he appeared before a grand jury in December 2003, Bonds testified that he did not knowingly take performance-enhancing drugs.

While Bonds' friend and personal trainer Greg Anderson (one of four men convicted in the BALCO steroid trafficking case) has not testified before the grand jury, earning him a contempt of court charge and a stint in prison without bail, several other key witnesses have done so. Included among them were Bonds' former physician Arthur Ting, Giants trainer Stan Conte and Bonds' former mistress Kimberly Bell.

Bell reportedly testified that Bonds gave her about $80,000 in possibly undeclared cash and admitted to her that he used anabolic steroids before he was introduced to BALCO.

+ Reply to Thread