+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where did you live during college?

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Re: Where did you live during college?

905 Maple!!!

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

freshman - neilson 8th floor, behind the elevator
    soph-senior - cott 2nd floor, 208 (or 206...I cant remember...)

grad school- RPI in upstate NY... Lived in a dorm on a giant cliff, where one side was directly overlooking the 20 foot dropoff below. This was good when it was 10 degrees outside, because the kitchen overlooked the football field below, and I could watch the games for free from the kitchen in the warmth. And I was still closer than the highest seats in Tech's stadium. :-P the bad thing was that it was not accessible by vehicle and so i had to carry all my stuff up 5 flights of steps and across a field... and I was on the 1st floor.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Fr. Jenkins-McFarland,
    So. Hutcheson, (living with the jocks was ok)
    Jr. Pearce, (much shorter walk to the Elect Eng bldg.)
    Sr. 1st year Caruthers #202, (was actually a good experience)
    Sr. 2nd year Off campus

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Well, in the spirit of LITEMAN...

Fresh: officially Hut 350, but was the honorary roommate of my high school friends in the Dungeon (Hut 137), Computer labs, Dawg House on Mon's and Thurs' for some WWF!!!

Soph: 5425 Shasta, Bossier... (TECH-BAFB)

Junior: still working on that..

Senior:... ask again in 5 years. lol

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

1 and 2nd qtr: Neilson 1110
    3rd qutr: Cottingham 210 (or something like that)
    Soph: cottingham 102
    Junior fall qtr: cottingham 102
    Remainder of Junior year: some old house on carolina...terrible landlord and terrible house
    Remainder of my days at tech were spent at 1716 N. Trenton St...some great memories in that house.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

1st year: Cott 225 or something, i don't really remember
    last 3 years: Cott 116

Those were some fun times. Except for seeing the building on fire at 2:30 in the morning when coming back from rabbs. That wasn't as much fun. Our room was directly under that room that burned so naturally all the water that the firefighters dumped into the room came through a seem on the floor into our room. We built this sweet aqueduct out of those dorm trash bags and duct tape to shunt the water out into the hall. It was the best engineering job I've ever done.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Fr - Hut and Pearce
    Rest of the time - off campus - various apartments.
    Grad School - a nice duplex 2br. fully furnished - only $425/mo. -

Ahh...those were the days. Georgia ain't so cheap...when I was in Atlanta, was paying $910 for a 1br. (unfurnished of course)

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UTdawg
    1st year: Cott 225 or something, i don't really remember
    last 3 years: Cott 116

Those were some fun times. Except for seeing the building on fire at 2:30 in the morning when coming back from rabbs. That wasn't as much fun. Our room was directly under that room that burned so naturally all the water that the firefighters dumped into the room came through a seem on the floor into our room. We built this sweet aqueduct out of those dorm trash bags and duct tape to shunt the water out into the hall. It was the best engineering job I've ever done.
    Wow, I was there during the fire. Luckily, we were on the first floor by the door. JL had to wake me up because I was snoozing. I was in my boxers and left my glasses. I still made it to my accounting class in the morning. What was I thinking?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Wow, I was there during the fire. Luckily, we were on the first floor by the door. JL had to wake me up because I was snoozing. I was in my boxers and left my glasses. I still made it to my accounting class in the morning. What was I thinking?
    i was there too... I had just gotten back from some coding at duckbillplatty's place, and was asleep for a whole 30 minutes when my roommate woke me up. I ran out of there with just shorts and a tshirt... no shoes, no wallet, no keys, no contacts...

The next day i borrowed a friends jogging suit, sandals, and glasses, and went to get advised. I had waited 2 weeks for that advising slot, I wasnt gonna miss out on it, because the next open slot was after my registration period... and I hate missing out on classes. Then I was just hanging around the dorm and got a fireman to let me in there to grab some stuff, so I grabbed wallet, keys, shoes, CD case, and my dirty clothes bag (since once that got washed, i would have plenty of clothes)...I guess I got lucky because soon after, I heard from people that they were getting turned away and werent able to get wallets or clothes or anything.

Then, the day after that I went to Baton Rouge for 3 days for a programming contest. When I got back, I found out I had missed the window to secure a room in Hut, and had to talk someone into giving me a 4th floor room anyway. Stupid beaurocracy.

Hut 4th floor was even worse than Neilson 8th floor. :-P

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    i was there too... I had just gotten back from some coding at duckbillplatty's place, and was asleep for a whole 30 minutes when my roommate woke me up. I ran out of there with just shorts and a tshirt... no shoes, no wallet, no keys, no contacts...

The next day i borrowed a friends jogging suit, sandals, and glasses, and went to get advised. I had waited 2 weeks for that advising slot, I wasnt gonna miss out on it, because the next open slot was after my registration period... and I hate missing out on classes. Then I was just hanging around the dorm and got a fireman to let me in there to grab some stuff, so I grabbed wallet, keys, shoes, CD case, and my dirty clothes bag (since once that got washed, i would have plenty of clothes)...I guess I got lucky because soon after, I heard from people that they were getting turned away and werent able to get wallets or clothes or anything.

Then, the day after that I went to Baton Rouge for 3 days for a programming contest. When I got back, I found out I had missed the window to secure a room in Hut, and had to talk someone into giving me a 4th floor room anyway. Stupid beaurocracy.

Hut 4th floor was even worse than Neilson 8th floor. :-P
    Yeh, I told a cop that I needed my glasses and wallet, etc. They got it to me. I thought the RPD or whoever did a very nice job in handling the situation from my perspective, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Yeh, I told a cop that I needed my glasses and wallet, etc. They got it to me. I thought the RPD or whoever did a very nice job in handling the situation from my perspective, at least.
    I agree. They did a good job.

And I came away from it with a few momentos: I have a piece of police tape from the street-side entrance. And I have my letter from Tech saying "The official investigation shows something something blah blah blah you cant sue us, neener neener"

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    I agree. They did a good job.

And I came away from it with a few momentos: I have a piece of police tape from the street-side entrance. And I have my letter from Tech saying "The official investigation shows something something blah blah blah you cant sue us, neener neener"
    Yeh, I worked in the student affairs department and the official fire department ruling was that it was an electrical wire in the A/C unit that malfunctioned, so it wasnt Tech's fault. Nevermind the fact that those A/C units were probably the first ones ever made.

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

The top floor folks got screwed by the whole deal. We weren't out of our room for more than a few days before they let us back in. I just stayed with my brother in Hut. I did have to wash all my clothes and we had to throw our carpet away because of the water. Overall it wasn't too bad for the first floor people I don't think, Other than the fact that there was a tech police man stationed by our smuggling entrance all the time.

I just wish I would have closed my door when leaving. I threw away so much soot-covered stuff... And went through like 2 bottles of laundry detergent...

I'm surprised the fire wasnt started by the fact that we were plugging 8 million electrical items into one single ungrounded socket that was probably running on original wiring from 19whenever.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

My stuff stunk, but there was no damage. I actually went back in that night for a few of my guitars. I left the computer...gotta have your priorities straight. I can still remember the sound of guys trying to break their windows with desk chairs...that was pretty creepy.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread