+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ruston Restaurant/Bar?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Favorite Ruston Restaurant/Bar?

Whats your favorite place to go eat and drink when you were in school?

Pizza - Johnny's
    Burgers - Trenton St Cafe (they had really good beer battered fries) or Rabb's
    BBQ/Ribs - Rib Shack (i'll eat Cowboy's but their sauce is too sweet)
    To go for a beer - Doghouse (when they use to serve cheap pitchers of beer, I hear they don't do that anymore) and Ponchatoulas

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Favorite Ruston Restaurant/Bar?

Johnny's, Dawghouse, Cowboys/Hot-rods, Rabbs.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Johnny's
    Trenton St. (Loved the Death Burger and 'Shroons!)
    Dowling's
    Stow's or Sundowner - (Could always find a good pool game at Sundowner's)

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Minute Man

Frankie's Fried Chicken!
    (delivered to the dorms)

Cushino's

Pitt Grill

Griff's

(have I dated myself????)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Dawghouse, Papa John's, BBQ City
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Bea's Cafe -- best home cooking around. Shipley's was also good homecooking before they went out of business (was that 81?). Wong's was pretty good Chinese if you could catch them open. Johnny's was very good pizza in the early 80s, but declined drastically after they tried to expand too quickly.

Trenton St. wasn't around when I was a student, but I enjoyed it when I was back in Ruston in the early 90s.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Either they didn't have anywhere to eat other than Griffs or I was too poor to eat out! I remember that Griffs grease very well. That was so long ago, I think both of those possibilities were true! We had to go to Moon's to get beer or any other rot gut we could afford.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

I was raised in the Sundown at the old location and it is still the only place in town. Best po-boys in America. Better than ole time in Lafayette. Not many can say that!!!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Minute Man

Frankie's Fried Chicken!
    (delivered to the dorms)

Cushino's

Pitt Grill

Griff's

Magic Grill

Post Office Cafe

Hood's

Cheniere Inn

Moon's

Ed & Mary's

Pat's Place

This would be called "dating oneself".

A Blast from the Past.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Hood's!!!!
    How could I forget.

. . . and ribeye night at the motel restaurant right there near Hood's.
    Louisiana Tech University

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I almost forgot Sarah's! Great place to eat back in the neighborhood just east of Ruston High! Home cooking when not at home. Used absolutely nothing that came out of a box or can and she made some of the best hot water cornbread I have ever eaten! I think of her every time Miss Mamie caters lunch into us here at the office!

Chris

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    I was raised in the Sundown at the old location and it is still the only place in town. Best po-boys in America. Better than ole time in Lafayette. Not many can say that!!!
    Support an LSU bar do you?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The best hamburgers were at the Tonk and Shipleys. Couldn't afford to eat any thing else and didn't have a car to get any where else.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech
    Dude its not even close to ole time in lafayette or anywhere in New Orleans.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Minute Man

Frankie's Fried Chicken!
    (delivered to the dorms)

Cushino's

Pitt Grill

Griff's

Yeah, you have...but you left our Bea's Soul Food, Pizza King, and the old Dowlings right off the Farmerville Highway.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread