+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ruston Restaurant/Bar?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Favorite Ruston Restaurant/Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Sarah made me fat the last couple of years at Tech. The last year, my normal routine was drive over, pick up a to go plate, and come back to the apt. to eat and study for my next class.

Ruston Pizza Inn beats every other pizza place anywhere including other Pizza inns.

I can eat some Monjunis too, but I have never had the opportunity to eat at the one in Ruston because it closes so damn early!
    I never understood Ruston's fixation on that Pizza Inn. I've eaten there over 10 times and every time my pizza is dried out and not "saucy" enough. Am I just unlucky?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Maybe I just like dried out and non-saucy pizza.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    I never understood Ruston's fixation on that Pizza Inn. I've eaten there over 10 times and every time my pizza is dried out and not "saucy" enough. Am I just unlucky?
    Nope, that's Pizza Inn.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Nope, that's Pizza Inn.
    I always liked Anthony's pizza (Raz's?). The sourdough crust was awesome. I thought it was some of the best pizza I had ever had., outside of BJ's of course.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FOLLOWING PLACES WERE ABSOLUTELY THE GREATEST.

THE POST OFFICE CAFE--Their open-faced hamburgers were the best.

GREASY BILLS

MAGIC GRILL

BEA'S SOUL FOOD

A&W ROOT BEER WITH THOSE FROZEN MUGS

NOW THAT'S GOING BACK TO THE GOOD OLE DAYS AT LA POLY--'58 to '63.

GO BULLDOGS IN '06.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I always liked Anthony's pizza (Raz's?). The sourdough crust was awesome. I thought it was some of the best pizza I had ever had., outside of BJ's of course.
    Oh man, Anthony's spaghetti. This was the place that my wife and I ate nearly every Sunday night until it closed down. I know a lot of folks love Monjuni's, but I've yet to have better spaghetti and meat sauce than what I got at good ole Anthony's. It is sorely missed to this day.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Anthony's was great. Monjuni's spaghetti sauce is too sweet, i don't like it...it's like they put sugar in it.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Yeah, you have...but you left our Bea's Soul Food, Pizza King, and the old Dowlings right off the Farmerville Highway.
    PIZZA KING!!! Haven't thought of that place in years.

I used to sell package liquor out the drive-in window of Pizza King, when Lincoln Parish went wet for a short time. I remember the big sellers were White Port, Mad Dog 20/20, and Thunderbird. (What's the word? Thunderbird! What's the price? Twenty twice). Guess that says something about the clientel we had.

The pizza was good but I thought Pioneer Pizza across the street was better.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Johnny's

Blue Light

Hot Rods

Dawghouse

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Finally, somebody mentions the famous Blue Light cafe... How bout the softball teams Bea's would produce!! Oh man, fried pork chops from either place!!!

Coachdawg and Tommy Joe, etc at Wongs!!!

Cheese dip from El Pollino's, next to the Village Cinema!!!

Old man Dowlings will always be the greatest!!

Griffs and of course... THE GRUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hitch???

MUNCHIES!!!!!

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

[quote=Memdawg]Finally, somebody mentions the famous Blue Light cafe... How bout the softball teams Bea's would produce!! Oh man, fried pork chops from either place!!!

Coachdawg and Tommy Joe, etc at Wongs!!!

Griffs and of course... THE GRUNGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]

I figured as soon as I mentioned Bea's, someone would bring up Blue Light. It was always better known, though I never thought it was as good.

The Grunge was a regular stop for Mexican food until the night we went over there and there were about a million moths inside the building. Just didn't fit my ideal for a source for protein.

Wongs was always entertaining. Loved to hear them yelling at each other back in the back. I wonder if that had anything to do with the frequent closings :icon_wink

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Captain D's all you can eat - $5.99 on Sundays

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

CHEESE DIP at El Polluto.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    You gotta love it!
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Roaches on the ceiling!!!

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

How many of these places are still around. The grunge, el pollino's, wongs, trenton grill, Ms. Beas are these places still around?

+ Reply to Thread