+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roger "Syd" Barrett - Dead -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Roger "Syd" Barrett - Dead -

The literal "lunatic" behind Pink Floyd dead at age 60 -

He was the co-founder and a real strange cat to say the least - however, there is NO mistaking the influence he had on the band after he left -

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...y-iraq-utility
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Roger "Syd" Barrett - Dead -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    The literal "lunatic" behind Pink Floyd dead at age 60 -

He was the co-founder and a real strange cat to say the least - however, there is NO mistaking the influence he had on the band after he left -

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...y-iraq-utility
    One of my favorite groups of all times, and absolutely awesome in person.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Sadly -

I don't think many on this board realize how truly remarkable this Band was -

Really one of the top 5 groups of all time - based on the music they produced and the influence on the generations they had who followed them -

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

He was still alive?!

j/k

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm a younger guy who listened to PF from time to time. Nothing made you want to give up playing guitar like hearing the solo from comfortably numb.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here

Listening to Pink Floyd gave me the experience of being high without ever taking drugs.:icon_wink

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Sadly -

I don't think many on this board realize how truly remarkable this Band was -

Really one of the top 5 groups of all time - based on the music they produced and the influence on the generations they had who followed them -
    Dwayne, I'm glad you posted this. I agree with your "Top 5" statement. Pink Floyd has been one of my favorite bands since The Wall was released in 1979. PF has gone the distance as well as any band in Rock 'N Roll history, yet the quality of their work hasn't tapered off like so many others (the Rolling Stones, Arrowsmith, etc...) Unlike many others, PF can still produce brand new music that's deep and wide.

My favorite Pink Floyd album: The Wall.
    2nd favorite: The Division Bell

BTW, I think the trade of "Sick" Syd Barrett for David Gilmour was a very good one for the band.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    He was still alive?!

j/k
    Incidentially, I love The Clash too.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    BTW, I think the trade of "Sick" Syd Barrett for David Gilmour was a very good one for the band.

HD
    I think it was a MANDATED TRADE - I think "Syd" was institutionalized for a time and therefore unavailable for "work" -

Ever done the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz trick -

Remember it is the 3rd MGM lion's roar when you start the CD -

If it wasn't intentional it is one hell of a happenstance -

Pink Floyd and Zepplin have their own STRATOSPHERE -

Pink Floyd and Zepplin have their own STRATOSPHERE -
    Agreed. I'm a big Led Zep fan too. But......this is a great example of what I'm talking about: While Led Zepplin left the building a long time ago, Pink Floyd is still producing NEW music.

HD

+ Reply to Thread