+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JO needs to wake up!

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

JO needs to wake up!

The newstar had a article about North Texas yesterday concerning upgrades to their athletic facility. I knew that NT had a plan for updating it's facility but I had no idea to what extent. The paper stated that "it would compare favorably to the elite collegiate athletic programs in the nation." Their AD gets it, he organized the fund raising effort to fund this facility.

Isn't this what CUSA is looking for? Where does that leave us?

I really hate it.

Well, at least we have new turf and that is a good thing.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Re: JO needs to wake up!

Jim Oakes is a terrible AD - he has done nothing to improve our situation. Hey Jim, if you had a job in private industry you would be out of work along time ago! Maybe we could start making Fire Oakes flyers - detailing his lack of accomplishments - and pass them out at games. He needs to go.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

JO is horrible. But if we didn't have a prez with his head so far up his ass, that problem would have already been addressed. I'm afraid we are going to continue to fall farther and farther behind until a change is made at the top.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    JO is horrible. But if we didn't have a prez with his head so far up his ass, that problem would have already been addressed. I'm afraid we are going to continue to fall farther and farther behind until a change is made at the top.
    Someone gets it... somewhat...

IMHO I would like to see how JO would do if he didnt have DR killing his budget, thinking that one program (women's basketball) will make up for all your others, not realizing that athletics is the window to your institution, and the list goes on...

Oh yeah, and our legislature gives us a budget the size of a community college's...

In summary our problems lie with more than just JO...

JFord

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Our problems definitely lie in more than one area. I'd have an easier time passing the buck to DR if I thought JO was doing all he could do to improve our situation. As of right now, I don't think he is.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

I just read on another thread that the Fresno game was moved to Sport due to lighting.
    So now we have a beginning of things that must be upgraded, help me out with this list:
    I just wanted to know what everyone things we need to upgrade. This board may have already discussed this issue if so, sorry.

1. Lighting for the Joe
    2. Jumbotron

what else???

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exit84
    I just read on another thread that the Fresno game was moved to Sport due to lighting.
    So now we have a beginning of things that must be upgraded, help me out with this list:
    I just wanted to know what everyone things we need to upgrade. This board may have already discussed this issue if so, sorry.

1. Lighting for the Joe
    2. Jumbotron

what else???
    Yes, this has been addressed many times before. And there is alot more that needs to be done than just fixing up The Joe. Don't forget about the TAC or the tennis courts or the softball field...
    But I will add a couple for The Joe to your list and pass it on.
    3. New and more chairbacks
    4. Paint

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewA...0&ATCLID=67236

here's a link to what Rick V has been able to get done so far, but believe me once you see Fouts field in November you will feel a LOT better about your place!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Our problems definitely lie in more than one area. I'd have an easier time passing the buck to DR if I thought JO was doing all he could do to improve our situation. As of right now, I don't think he is.
    I think its hard to place the blame on one person... We don't know what the budget looks like that he works with, we don't know exactly what he spends it on, if he doesn't spend it all where does it go, there are so many unanswered questions.

But for me the BIGGEST problem is the budget the state gives us.

JFord

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    Yes, this has been addressed many times before. And there is alot more that needs to be done than just fixing up The Joe. Don't forget about the TAC or the tennis courts or the softball field...
    But I will add a couple for The Joe to your list and pass it on.
    3. New and more chairbacks
    4. Paint
    5. The Love Shack - Scoreboard
    6. The Love Shack- Sound System
    7. The Joe - Sound System
    8. The TAC - Sound System
    9. The TAC - Scoreboards
    10. The TAC - Messageboards

JFord

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    I think its hard to place the blame on one person... We don't know what the budget looks like that he works with, we don't know exactly what he spends it on, if he doesn't spend it all where does it go, there are so many unanswered questions.

But for me the BIGGEST problem is the budget the state gives us.

JFord
    The budget does blow...no question about it. My issue is this: I don't see us actively trying to improve the budget. Our fundraising (especially since Ronnie left) could only be characterized as passive if you're being polite (lazy if you're not).

And, while you and I may not know exactly what the budget looks like (I believe it's public record...reality check can steer you in the right direction), there are those here who do know exactly how things work over there.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Not to mention, JO will shoot down ideas without even investigating them. Sim had an idea for a new scoreboard, wrote up the idea, and had it paying itself off in 2 years. He called JO and JO flat out jsut said no. He didnt give any explanation, he didnt look into it, he just said no.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Our fundraising (especially since Ronnie left) could only be characterized as passive if you're being polite (lazy if you're not).
    No doubt Ronny is missed.

However, that's not a fair statement. We just received an anonymous $1 million donation, funds are actively being pursued for women's athletics, our season ticket sales are off to a good stop, more alumni functions are happening this year than last, CHAMPS members are actively being sought.... Don't know what is happening on the corporate side but never have except what was told to me in confidence.

Could more be done? Absolutely.

But to say fundraising is passive now compared to before is untrue.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Are you sure that what you read about NT's facilities isn't a little hyped? There is a big difference in the athletic program accomplishments between the two schools which will make a difference when under study by a selection committee. I also happen to agree that we tend to throw stones at JO when we don't see immediate improvements in the facilities. We need to temper that with what the man has to work with for a budget. Granted I have never met the man and have to rely on others' testimony on how he does business. From what I've herd (all on this board), he could use a little stimulus to become more active. I will have to reserve my judgment of the man as I have no direct evidence of a problem but do see direct evidence on what he has to work with in a budget and what he has to do. For now I will just try to do all I can to help Tech solve the problems I can help solve. This board has been an eye opening view into what the problems are and has been a stimulus for me to do more.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by CorinthEagle
    http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewA...0&ATCLID=67236

here's a link to what Rick V has been able to get done so far, but believe me once you see Fouts field in November you will feel a LOT better about your place!
    "Old" Fouts does have some recent improvements . 1. New Jumbotron/scoreboard 2. TV monitors of the tron in concourses. 3. New field turf.

+ Reply to Thread