+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JO needs to wake up!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: JO needs to wake up!

Other schools have more becsuse they raise more. They actively market, and promote themselves. We do a very poor job of this!! People say well JO has no money to market or promote with, maybe this is true, but lots of other places have less than us and still are able to improve themselves.

If you don't have a lot of money to market and promote to help rasie funds, start the old fashioned way. Grab the alumni directory and start calling and simply say something like

" Hi, this is JO and I wanted to let you know about the recent donation given to Tech and was wondering if you would like to supplement it with any amount you see fit to give" here is the biggy "OUR GOAL is X and HERE is what we want to do with it"

You have to start somewhere and the problem is we never leave the blocks. You can blame the state: too many 4 years, no money, favoring one school over the next, etc.... You can blame DR: Ties Jo's hands, favors one program over the next, only concentrates on academics, etc.... they all are a piece of the puzzle, but where I think most on here have a problem with JO is he doesn't even attempt the little things that COULD make a difference and he doesn't challenge the root of any of the problems he knows to exist.

He always has an excuse or a problem and never a plan or solution. I don't give a DAMN if it worked I want to see an attempt!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog
    Other schools have more becsuse they raise more. They actively market, and promote themselves. We do a very poor job of this!! People say well JO has no money to market or promote with, maybe this is true, but lots of other places have less than us and still are able to improve themselves.

If you don't have a lot of money to market and promote to help rasie funds, start the old fashioned way. Grab the alumni directory and start calling and simply say something like

" Hi, this is JO and I wanted to let you know about the recent donation given to Tech and was wondering if you would like to supplement it with any amount you see fit to give" here is the biggy "OUR GOAL is X and HERE is what we want to do with it"

You have to start somewhere and the problem is we never leave the blocks. You can blame the state: too many 4 years, no money, favoring one school over the next, etc.... You can blame DR: Ties Jo's hands, favors one program over the next, only concentrates on academics, etc.... they all are a piece of the puzzle, but where I think most on here have a problem with JO is he doesn't even attempt the little things that COULD make a difference and he doesn't challenge the root of any of the problems he knows to exist.

He always has an excuse or a problem and never a plan or solution. I don't give a DAMN if it worked I want to see an attempt!!!!!!!!!!!
    My feelings exactly.

Varsity Bulldog nevester is an unknown

Wow! Even Toledo is doing major upgrades and renovations.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...180346/-1/NEWS
    "University of Toledo alumnus Chuck Sullivan and his wife, Jackie, longtime supporters of UT athletics, showed their loyalty and commitment to the university yesterday by agreeing to donate $6 million, $5 million which will be designated for renovations and planned additions to Savage Hall..........Savage Hall's planned makeover will include luxury suites and a state-of-the-art video scoreboard and sound system. An indoor practice facility for basketball and football also are among the anticipated additions."

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevester
    Wow! Even Toledo is doing major upgrades and renovations.

Drums keep pounding rhythm to the brain

Bulldog CENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the earsCENTEXDOG seems to have something between the ears

Dallasdog is correct--JO can sell himself and Tech without much money and by hiring coaches that can sell Tech to ADULTS. He needs to put himself out there, dream up some plans, try some plans, do some small improvements that let people know you care. Show some personality in a PERSONALITY job. He could have spent 30,000 on the tennis courts in 2000,2001,2002 or 2003 and never been where they are now, along with many other routine mentanance items in all sports. He's been asleep since 1999 for sure. WAKE UP AMERICA-we need Earl Pitts on his butt.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

JO and DR have no incentive to spend the kind of money we're talking about. They may geneuinely want to cut down on the coaches and athletes travel time, but they are only willing to make token gestures to CUSA in hopes of getting it done.

Until there are 10s of 1,000s of alumni and fans demanding what we 100 on this board know we need, nothing will get done.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I haven't been to this board in a looooooooong time (too long) and nothin's changed, unfortunately Ditto on all the stuff said about JO and our budget.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7
    Wow, I haven't been to this board in a looooooooong time (too long) and nothin's changed, unfortunately Ditto on all the stuff said about JO and our budget.
    While there is never enough money and criticism of those in charge may be appropriate. there are some good things happening in the athletic department.

Catch up your reading because some things have changed.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Killerdawg

I would expect those 10s of 1,000s to also be making contributions to Tech. I'm sory but if they make demands, they should have a moral ground to stand on by having made a contribution to Tech athletics. I place some of the blame on the alumni who haven't given to Tech and some of the blame on JO and DR for not going out and getting them to give.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog
    I place some of the blame on the alumni who haven't given to Tech and some of the blame on JO and DR for not going out and getting them to give.
    Place alot of the blame on the alumni who haven't given, but, remember that if they never ask they will never receive. Last week we recieved a letter requesting us to join the Alumni Association, it was the first letter in SEVEN YEARS. And it's not like they couldn't get our address, we've been buying season tickets for six.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    Place alot of the blame on the alumni who haven't given, but, remember that if they never ask they will never receive. Last week we recieved a letter requesting us to join the Alumni Association, it was the first letter in SEVEN YEARS. And it's not like they couldn't get our address, we've been buying season tickets for six.
    No need to blame anyone else. I'll take care of it for everybody:
    Attention all Louisiana Tech alumni, fans and countrymen! Please forgive me for taking so long to get to you, BUT . . . Please give unconditionally your discretionary monies to the Louisiana Tech Alumni Association, your academic college of major, CHAMPS, season tickets to your favorite Tech sports teams, the BB&B fund-raiser of the day, the Tech Alumni Foundation, and, of course, the much-needed Joe Jumbotron.
    Did I leave anyone out?
    I wanted to make sure everyone has been personally asked. Our alma mater is bigger than me, you, Jim Oakes and Dr. Dan Reneau.:icon_wink
    Your good friend,
    tm
    La. Tech Class of 1976, B.A. Journalism
    Member, CHAMPS
    Member, La. Tech Alumni Association
    Member, La. Tech T-Club

Has football season started yet??????:icon_wink
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    No need to blame anyone else. I'll take care of it for everybody:
    Attention all Louisiana Tech alumni, fans and countrymen! Please forgive me for taking so long to get to you, BUT . . . Please give unconditionally your discretionary monies to the Louisiana Tech Alumni Association, your academic college of major, CHAMPS, season tickets to your favorite Tech sports teams, the BB&B fund-raiser of the day, the Tech Alumni Foundation, and, of course, the much-needed Joe Jumbotron.
    Did I leave anyone out?
    I wanted to make sure everyone has been personally asked. Our alma mater is bigger than me, you, Jim Oakes and Dr. Dan Reneau.:icon_wink
    Your good friend,
    tm
    La. Tech Class of 1976, B.A. Journalism
    Member, CHAMPS
    Member, La. Tech Alumni Association
    Member, La. Tech T-Club

Has football season started yet??????:icon_wink
    Did Jim put you up to this? This would probably be his method of choice. Very little work and very little thought. It is cheap and very uneffective. Yep, sounds like Jim was behind this.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Did Jim put you up to this? This would probably be his method of choice. Very little work and very little thought. It is cheap and very uneffective. Yep, sounds like Jim was behind this.
    No it was the Insider.:icon_razz
    And guess what? Jim has never asked me to do that.
    Nice try.
    tm
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 07-26-2006 at 10:24 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University

+ Reply to Thread