+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: To Prevent Hijacking: Pre-Adamic Flood

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: To Prevent Hijacking: Pre-Adamic Flood

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    The water that was ejected into outer space then formed a comet. I have heard that the comet formed from this water is Haley's comet.

The Garden of Eden was really the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. It was not man made gardens.
    WOW!! The Pre-Adamic Flood is ultimately responsible for Haley's Comet. Far out, dude!

Who would guess it?:icon_razz

But wasn't Babylon in present-day Syria?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRay563
    While this thread is particularly focused to Sooner, any and all input in relation to the topic is welcome.

Sooner, please provide your belief in relation to a Pre-Adamic flood, with as many specifics and Biblical resources as you feel is necessary to support your position.

My position on the topic is that I feel there is no Biblical evidence to support a Pre-Adamic flood, but I will concede that I have only been presented with the Pre-Adamic flood position once by a person who I felt was using "scientific evidence and reasoning" to support his position (namely, providing extra-Biblical sources to support what should be a Biblical theology).

Thanks to Sooner, and to anyone else who wishes to post their thoughts!

Daniel
    Daniel, why do you waste your time with this stuff. It is not going to lead you to Jesus.

Jesus said: I shall choose you, one out of a thousand and two out of ten thousand, and they shall stand as a single one.

Varsity Bulldog DRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really nice DRay563's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Daniel, why do you waste your time with this stuff. It is not going to lead you to Jesus.

Jesus said: I shall choose you, one out of a thousand and two out of ten thousand, and they shall stand as a single one.
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question or know the location of your reference. I "waste my time" with this stuff because I enjoy knowing and discussing theology and find that the talents and gifts that God has bestowed upon me lie in theology. I would be doing a disservice to waste this talent that God has given me, just as one gifted in music would do a disservice by not developing and honing that gift.

Can you provide me with the Scripture reference for your quote, as I couldn't find it with a cursory search. Thanks Salty!

Daniel

Varsity Bulldog DRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really niceDRay563 is just really nice DRay563's Avatar

Sooner, I'm afraid I'm not at my house until either Friday or Saturday (am in Ruston hanging with some friends) and so won't be able to respond with any manner of researched intelligence to your thoughts.

Although, I don't know that I'll be able to provide any manner of a rebuttal, as I know next to nothing about Hebrew.

Daniel

I'm afraid I don't understand your question or know the location of your reference. I "waste my time" with this stuff because I enjoy knowing and discussing theology and find that the talents and gifts that God has bestowed upon me lie in theology. I would be doing a disservice to waste this talent that God has given me, just as one gifted in music would do a disservice by not developing and honing that gift.

Can you provide me with the Scripture reference for your quote, as I couldn't find it with a cursory search. Thanks Salty!

Daniel
    It's from the Gospel of Thomas. Don't you think that you are setting up the Bible as a paper Idol?

There is a big difference between theology and spiritual truth.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Sooner, I'm afraid I'm not at my house until either Friday or Saturday (am in Ruston hanging with some friends) and so won't be able to respond with any manner of researched intelligence to your thoughts.

Although, I don't know that I'll be able to provide any manner of a rebuttal, as I know next to nothing about Hebrew.

Daniel
    I don't know Hebrew either. I just slept at a Holiday Inn last night. I suggest we drop the Hebrew portion of the debate for now. As I said in my earlier post, I believe there is even better support for the position of a pre-Adam extection level event ("ELE"). We will get into these as we go assuiming you wish to continue.

For clarification purposes, were the creatures of this other creation human? Since sin didn't enter through Satan, what would you classify Satan's fall as.... and if there is no sin, how can there be death (of the other creation) as prior to sin, there is no death?

Again, exactly what the creatures were is not spelled out in the Bible. I have a theory, and a theory only, that they were not humans. I want to get into my theory later to see what others have to think, but for now, let's stick with the topic of a pre-Adam ELE if you don't mind.

Sin did not enter the human race through Satan. Satan sinned. We know that. I think the Bible is clear that he sinned on earth. However, there is absolutely no doubt that there is no way sin entered the human race through Satan.

The pre-Adamic creatures did die. We know that because God started over with Adam.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

He approaches religion with a huge desire for understanding and a certain degree of skepticism. He is striving to understand and substantiate what he believes. Isn't that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    He approaches religion with a huge desire for understanding and a certain degree of skepticism. He is striving to understand and substantiate what he believes. Isn't that a good thing?
    The quest for spiritual truth is definitely a good thing. I just wish more people were so incline. Duck , I guess what I'm saying is that dogma from a Bronze Age document can only go so far. Most many people it is as far as they want to go. If one wants to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, one has to discard a lot of intellectual baggage in order to focus on the core of His teachings. A good place to start is to question the accuracy of the New Testament. Scholars say that only 18% of it is historical Jesus, the remainder being manufactured by others to fit their pre-existing views.

Scholars can't agree on when or where Jesus was born or exactly when He died.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

The quest for spiritual truth is definitely a good thing. I just wish more people were so incline. Duck , I guess what I'm saying is that dogma from a Bronze Age document can only go so far. Most many people it is as far as they want to go. If one wants to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, one has to discard a lot of intellectual baggage in order to focus on the core of His teachings. A good place to start is to question the accuracy of the New Testament. Scholars say that only 18% of it is historical Jesus, the remainder being manufactured by others to fit their pre-existing views.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I guess your sentiment is that you agree with me. Fine and dandy.

I guess your sentiment is that you agree with me. Fine and dandy.
    I know you are, but what am I.

I know you are, but what am I.

A Pee Wee Herman fan?

A Pee Wee Herman fan?
    No, but you sure remind me of him with your debating techniques.

Well, maybe I was a little. That pervert was pretty funny.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

pervert
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!! Now a Penny cartoon.

It's from the Gospel of Thomas. Don't you think that you are setting up the Bible as a paper Idol?

There is a big difference between theology and spiritual truth.
    Well, I believe in the inerrancy of the canonical Scripture accepted across the board, i.e. the books found in the Protestant Bible. Of course, Catholics have more books, but they do accept the ones we accept also.

The Gospel of Thomas, however, isn't represented in canonical Scripture and, while I haven't done the research yet, I assume there were good reasons why it wasn't included. I haven't had time in my studies to read the gospel of Thomas or other such pieces of literature that are not accepted as Scripture, but I'm sure I'll get around to it. Most likely, however, it displayed elements of myth or folklore and/or led scholars to believe that it was written at a time later that would have allowed it to be influenced by philosophy, myth, or legend. That's some of the main criteria, as I understand it, for throwing out a piece of literature as not being valid Scripture.

And no, I don't view it as a paper idol. I view it as God's letter to the world, and as such, deserves a certain amount of respect and time, but not worthy of our reverence and adoration. Just read Romans 7 to see Paul's attitude towards the Law.

And yes, there is a difference between theology and spiritual truth. But the two can line up, and it's important to try and find where they do line up.

Scholars say that only 18% of it is historical Jesus, the remainder being manufactured by others to fit their pre-existing views.

You're gonna have to reference these scholars, because that contradicts what I've been told most of my life. As such, I'm disinclined to believe you. Go figure.

Daniel

+ Reply to Thread