+ Reply to Thread

Thread: University Seminar

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

University Seminar

Hey People of Blue,

I was wondering if you are planning on doing any sort of in-class announcements and promotions. I hope so, I usually teach a University Seminar class or two and I would love for you guys to come by and promote The Blue to my freshmen. Maybe you could come to class the week of a home game and generate some excitement.

I imagine there are plenty of others who would let you drop in on their seminars too.

Get them hooked when they are young and before they get in the habit of going home every weekend!

Just a thought.

Puppy I_Bleed_Blue has turned a few heads around hereI_Bleed_Blue has turned a few heads around here I_Bleed_Blue's Avatar

Re: University Seminar

That's an awesome idea! Freshman are a great group of people to recruit, they are generally really excited and they still have 4 (or more) years of the great Tech experience left. Definately let us know more details when you get them.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Yes, if I'm not in class or at work, I'll be there. Thank you so much for giving us that opportunity!

And I like your greeting... People of Blue... I like the way it rolls off of your tounge...

"T"

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

I am looking forward to getting some of the incoming freshmen interested in Tech athletics. I will have to check and see when my classes are and I will let you know. I am even considering making attendance at at least one sporting event part of the grade for the seminar class. Maybe I can give a "bonus" point or two for the other classes.

I have some other ideas in the back of my mind, but I will save them for later.

Oh, and "People of Blue" just sounds right to me!

Puppy I_Bleed_Blue has turned a few heads around hereI_Bleed_Blue has turned a few heads around here I_Bleed_Blue's Avatar

Sounds great!!
    and we definately welcome any ideas and suggestions...just let us know...

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Haha, It makes me think of The Knights who say Ni! Anyway, I was talking to my boy today at work and he said as a freshman at Grambling a few years back, you had to sing, or know, the fight song and alma mater for a grade...? I love the idea of mandatory sporting event.. hehe

"T"

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Haha, It makes me think of The Knights who say Ni! Anyway, I was talking to my boy today at work and he said as a freshman at Grambling a few years back, you had to sing, or know, the fight song and alma mater for a grade...? I love the idea of mandatory sporting event.. hehe

"T"
    IT'S NEEK you idiot.

You even seen that movie???

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

my university sem teacher actually gave us a game day and we had to go and take a picture with a date stamp on it to prove that we went and we also had to know the fight song and the alma mater but not sing it write it down!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T

"T"
    This is a great idea. Mrs. Potts at Ruston High, made everyone that tooks her freshman english class learn the RHS alma mater for a grade.

Cool idea with the alma mater, that will be a part of my seminar classes from now on.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg
    Cool idea with the alma mater, that will be a part of my seminar classes from now on.
    Fight song too!!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Freshman BOP members are required to know how to sing the alma mater and fight song before coming to summer band camp. I think having incoming students learn it in university seminar would be great...also it'd be cool if they can give a little history lesson of Tech.

When I took the class the only thing we did was take a tour of the library. It was a waste of time. I hope they revamped the course.
    Last edited by qng001; 07-27-2006 at 07:01 PM.

ok, ok, fight song too!

Well, I am ready fro someone to come to my UNIV 100 class and talk up The Blue. Dates that are available are:

9/18
    9/25
    9/27
    10/4
    10/9
    10/11
    10/16
    10/18

The time is 12:30 to 1:45. Just let me know. Closer to 12:30 is better, but not necessary.

Looking forward to it.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

i'll come if you want i don't mind talking to people about spirit and pride in your school!!

+ Reply to Thread