+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Explanation and other important info!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

An Explanation and other important info!

First and foremost . . . WELCOME BACK!!!

I know many of you were going through withdrawal symptoms and we'll be trying to find you some good counselors to help you get through these troubled times.

Second, let me explain what happened, or what didn't happen. As all of you are probably aware, we have were experiencing some problems at latechbbb.com. Let me put some of the rumors to rest.

1. We did NOT experience a hack from a certain Turkish punk
    2. Jim Oakes did NOT find the location of our server and pour Katrina storm water over the top of the servers
    3. We have NOT been implicated in a certain student organization's non-profit IRS investigation and been forced to terminate our web site.
    4. Michigan State wanna be's did NOT cause our server to overheat and burn the place to the ground.
    5. We have not been hit by either Israeli nor Hezbollah rockets gone astray from the middle east.
    6. This is in no way connected to the forum upgrade that was done and completed on Friday morning.

What HAS happened:

Our server rebooted as it does from time to time due to a configuration issue we are trying to fix. When it did, the reboot did not complete and it is sitting there waiting for someone to unplug it, plug it back in, and boot it up. John is away on vacation on a cruise and he has been unable to reach his backup to reboot the server.

So that's the story.

Now, there are few things you need to be prepared for as part of your emergency preparedness plan in the future.

1. Bookmark a couple of sites:
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/dawgbytes/messages This is our old site from prior to 2001 and when things go bad, we normally let people know what is going on there
    http://www.dawgtalk.net This is a brand new site that I am running that went online today. I'll tell more about it later, but register and use it for backup as well.

2. Get the e-mail address of other members so you can contact them in the case something happens and we need to spread the word again.

3. Bookmark The Shreveport Times and The News Star so you can actually see what is going on!

Again, we apoligize for the inconvenience and this was a freak occurance that we do not expect to occur again in the future. But if it does, BE PREPARED to find a backup site!

Chris
    Last edited by TechDawgFan; 08-08-2006 at 04:05 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: An Explanation and other important info!

Thanks for your hard work Chris. The admins and moderators at this site are awesome...that's why everybody misses it so much when it's gone.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Thanks for your hard work Chris. The admins and moderators at this site are awesome...that's why everybody misses it so much when it's gone.
    Johnny, did you know about the other sites?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN View Post
    Johnny, did you know about the other sites?
    I knew about the delphi board, but I didn't have time to check it. We closed on our house up here in Kentucky on Friday and moved in on Sunday. I've been in placement exams all day today and will do the same tomorrow. I'm interested in dawgtalk...I'm anxious to here about it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Chris-Thanks buddy.
    bookmarks made and already registered my screen name on dawgtalk.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Oh, come on Johnny. I saw you over at the WACbb site trying to hijack the FF thread.:icon_wink
    They wouldn't let me register.:bigcry:

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Oh, come on Johnny. I saw you over at the WACbb site trying to hijack the FF thread.:icon_wink
    Actually we hijacked another thread talking about predicted OOC records. The FF thread was already talking about Tech so we just continued the discussion.

Are you sure they won't let you register? Maybe you should send them a copy of BTE II...I mean your business card.

They seem real laid back over there. I'd try registering again.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Are you sure they won't let you register?
    I e-mailed the admin over there and they said they wouldn't let me in because they don't except free (hotmail) accounts. So I then signed up with my work address. That was yesterday and I still can't log in. I am one of the newest members now though. (what freakin good is that?)

And who has LITEMAN on Delphi?:bigcry: I had to sign up as LITEMAN9 (that also sucks)

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Chris,

Thanks for everything and for your suggestions. I was begining to greive the fact that the most important part of the site, the people, might not get reconnected somewhere else. Good advice indeed!

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Y'all ought to go to www.raginpagin.com and see what our old buddy titanandlsufan is posting there. Boy the lsu board must suck. And if any of you are asking why I was at rhe usl site, yes I was that desperate this weekend.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

It was a frustrating weekend!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

These last few days proved that I am a die hard Tech fan and also

......................................a geek.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Thanks for your hard work on this board! I found out how much I depend on this board for my news about Tech the last few days.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread