+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on the MNF "nu" crew?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Thoughts on the MNF "nu" crew?

I really like Theisman and Tirico - think the better foil to Joe would have been Paul McGuire from the previous ESPN Sunday nite crew -

Didn't think Kornheiser brought much to the table - seems like a fish out of water without his PTI side kick -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Thoughts on the MNF "nu" crew?

I'll second that.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Hated the clock. Not so much its existence, but its placement was horrible.

The crew was great. I think the commentary was more insightful than what Madden rambled about, but it just wasn't as entertaining. In a sense, MNF is more football than ever.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Tirico is the best play by play man in the business.

IMO the best crew in football is when him, Herbstreit, and Corso get together on Thursday nights. The latter two are just as good at color as they are in the studio.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Kornheiser is horrible, "dennis miller" horrible.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Tirico just rubs me the wrong way. I got irritated with him while he was doing college football broadcasts because of his love fest for BCS teams and his utter disdain for those schools that are not.

I thought Kornheiser did I fine job. Of couse, I did not think Dennis Miller was as horrible as many thought. I think the problem that many had with Miller will be the same promblem some will have with Kornheiser. Their personas are based on being wise butts, and if you don't like them, you can't get passed it to hear what they are saying.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Kornheiser is horrible, "dennis miller" horrible.
    And a "wussy" who can dish it out, but can't take it - based on his actions of yesterday....

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I think the crew would be great with Tirico, Kornheiser, and Wilbon. Wilbon and Korn make a great team and are nothing without each other.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I know I am one of the few but I really like Theissman b/c he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to question or criticize. Like Tirico, didn't get to listen the other night so not sure a/b tony yet but I do love PTI. Why MUST they have a 3rd guy in the booth? Use a sideline reporter and forget about it if it is that hard to find a good one. Usually, they are forcing comments and stories in anyway.

Varsity Bulldog Hcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I'm surprised you guys are not giving a little love to the guy that used to do the play by play for Sunday Night Football. I can't think of his name right now but I felt like he fit that job like a glove. If he's not coming back, I'm going to really miss him. (Maguire as well)
    Last edited by Hcet .AL; 08-20-2006 at 10:58 AM.
    La.Tech " A women's basketball school, Like it or not!"

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

"based on his actions of yesterday...." - DFM speaking of Dennis Miller

What happened?

Varsity Bulldog Hcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Hcet .AL View Post
    I'm surprised you guys are not giving a little love to the guy that used to do the play by play for Sunday Night Football. I can't think of his name right now but I felt like he fit that job like a glove. If he's not coming back, I'm going to really miss him. (Maguire as well)

Mike Patrick is the guy I was thinking of. What happened to him?
    La.Tech " A women's basketball school, Like it or not!"

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    "based on his actions of yesterday...." - DFM speaking of Dennis Miller

What happened?
    He whined and moaned like a baby because of all the critisism he received -

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He whined and moaned like a baby because of all the critisism he received -
    I can't remember all three but he got three facts wrong in a row. I know the first was who was picked 2nd in the 1984 basketball draft when discussing Bush/Jordan impact comparisons...oh and another was Macafee spent his whole career with the Saints...WRONG!!! With all those notes in front of him, you think he would get something right.

For what it is worth, the only one I enjoyed listening to was Thiesmann...what Gooddawg said.

+ Reply to Thread