+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does this happen?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

How does this happen?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208461,00.html

This woman confessed and she got out on bail?!?!? I cannot believe. Something needs fixing if you can kill your spouse, run away, then confess. Suddenly the preacher was "verbally and emotionally abusive". That's sickening. I thought she wasn't even eligible for bail until I got home tonight to see that she was out. Very surprising. We need to fix some stuff!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: How does this happen?

This one is par for the course in this day and age! It is a societal problem with not understanding what is right and wrong. We have blurred the edges with emotional excuses to the point where just about anything is acceptable anymore.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion of this story yet. I will have to read some things from some other sites, besides Fox.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

If it wasnt in self-defense, then there was no excuse for it. If he was abusing her, she should have turned him into the authorities. I dont know how many times I have heard people say you cannot take the law into your own hands, but we want to make an excsue for this lady? There is no excuse for this, unless she felt her life was in danger, which doesnt look to be the case. "Emotional and Verbal abuse" do not constitute killing someone, I dont care how anyone tries to spin it.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Fox News - Emotional Verbal Abuse

LA Times - Argument over money after falling victim to a scam
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...adlines-nation

Houston Chronicle - Both.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4119173.html
    (Washington Post used the same article from AP)

CNN - Both. Longest, most detailed article
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/15/winkler.bond/

I think whatever the trouble was in this case, a shotgun blast is NOT the answer. Money is the #1 ender of marriages, just it usually ends in divorce, not death.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't know enough of the facts to have an opinion of this story yet. I will have to read some things from some other sites, besides Fox.
    i know you're a liberal, and fox is supposedly conservative, but that was an ap story, gary. ap. not fox news.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Ahh hell, she has already pleaded not guilty. Let me guess, she is going to use the insanity plea from years of verbal and emotional abuse. Wow, she will probably get off in two years because of the "emotional trauma" she went through. They will probably try to put her dead husband through the wringer and make him look like an animal. Stay tuned, it is going to a classic example of good ole American justice.

"This isn't Riyadh. We are not going to cut your hand off if you steal. This is America, the worst you will get is two years in a minimum security white collar resort. Hell, we should be so lucky."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i know you're a liberal, and fox is supposedly conservative, but that was an ap story, gary. ap. not fox news.
    I just don't know the facts of the case. I need to read up on it. Sometimes, the press does not reveal the truth. They try a case before it goes to jury. From what these stories state, she should be in jail. It is what is not in the stories that I would find interesting. Remember a certain Tech football player that was tried by the press before the truth came out? That was not an odd situation, it is common.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

If verbal and emotional abuse is reason for being not guilty by reason of insanity then almost every married man in this country would be found not guilty.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    If verbal and emotional abuse is reason for being not guilty by reason of insanity then almost every married man in this country would be found not guilty.
    And, I'm sure the reverse would also be the case as well. We definitely can all be cruel to the ones we love! Of course, my definition of abuse is probably not the same as someone trying to get off of a murder for it......hmmmmmm......I can't think of anything cruel enough to say to merit a death sentence from a mad spouse.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Maybe he finally goofed up on the infamoous "do these pants make my butt look big?" question.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I just don't know the facts of the case. I need to read up on it. Sometimes, the press does not reveal the truth. They try a case before it goes to jury. From what these stories state, she should be in jail. It is what is not in the stories that I would find interesting. Remember a certain Tech football player that was tried by the press before the truth came out? That was not an odd situation, it is common.
    I'm agreeing with Champion110. Help me!!

I've followed this story since the day after it happened. I've always had a gut feeling that there was something more.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm agreeing with Champion110. Help me!

+ Reply to Thread