+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Katrina memorial

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Katrina memorial

I posted this on the other board when I couldn't get access to this one.

Ninth Ward Memorial Groundbreaking 08-16-2006 6:40 AM
    (New Orleans, LA) -- Officials are holding a groundbreaking today for the Lower 9th Ward Memorial Park. It will be built to remember those who died in one of the most devastated parts of New Orleans. The memorial is planned for North Claiborne Avenue at Tennessee Street, just blocks from the spot where the levee broke, washing away homes and lives. The Memorial Park will include a six-foot granite monument, a huge flag with an 80-foot pole, a series of columns around 12-feet tall, depicting the height of flood waters in the neighborhood, benches and landscaping and a replica of a traditional neighborhood home. The house will be left empty to show that no one is home.

I bet dollars to donuts (as DFM says) that this will be a crack house within a year.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Katrina memorial

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I bet dollars to donuts (as DFM says) that this will be a crack house within a year.

You bet me to it....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Guys, that was very insensitive. Besides, if they want to make it a crackhouse, who are we to judge the use of a public monument, unless it is religious, of course.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

you know its sad but true. one of the guys at work who actually used to live there said the same dang thing

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...another example of politicos wasting your money!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog Hcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I posted this on the other board when I couldn't get access to this one.

Ninth Ward Memorial Groundbreaking 08-16-2006 6:40 AM
    (New Orleans, LA) -- Officials are holding a groundbreaking today for the Lower 9th Ward Memorial Park. It will be built to remember those who died in one of the most devastated parts of New Orleans. The memorial is planned for North Claiborne Avenue at Tennessee Street, just blocks from the spot where the levee broke, washing away homes and lives. The Memorial Park will include a six-foot granite monument, a huge flag with an 80-foot pole, a series of columns around 12-feet tall, depicting the height of flood waters in the neighborhood, benches and landscaping and a replica of a traditional neighborhood home. The house will be left empty to show that no one is home.

I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that only one person challenged your racist comment. We have a group of people that are trying to recover from the biggest natural disaster in the United States and all you can do is piss on them some more. Pat yourself on the back because you actually got a couple of jerks to agree with you.
    La.Tech " A women's basketball school, Like it or not!"

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hcet .AL View Post
    I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that only one person challenged your racist comment. We have a group of people that are trying to recover from the biggest natural disaster in the United States and all you can do is piss on them some more. Pat yourself on the back because you actually got a couple of jerks to agree with you.
    Someone could easily take Dirtydawgs comment as abbrasive, but in order to take it a racist, you'd have to BE a racist.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

You don't even know me, you little bitch. I'll tell you what though, since you are such a Tech fan, I'm sure you'll be at some games this year. I'll let you know where I'm going to be and give the chance to meet me and call me a racist to my face. I just came back from sitting on the toilet and the contents I flushed were far more intelligent than you. I'd like to congratulate you on one thing, though. You and Spinoze have become the only 2 people I've put on my ignore list. A very difficult accomplishment.

I wish I had the link to post on here from yesterday's morning advocate the illustrious mayor of New Orleans playing the race card in blaming New Orleans problems on everyone else. The same man who wants a chocolate city. I'm tempted to write in to the paper, although I'm sure there will be plenty of other people who do as well. Ray Nagin is an idiot who can attribute his success to the rhetoric of hatred. He won't win again if he runs in 4 years, I guarantee it. The only reason he won this past election is because the people he rails against enabled him to get his votes from people who still won't be in New Orleans in 4 years from now, therefore taking away their chance to vote again. I guarantee it.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Here is the article:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a145630D97.DTL

DD, you need to add Daybreaker to that list. It is sheer laziness when people like this guy and Daybreaker pull the race and nazi card.

I tried to red dot him, but apparently I have red dotted him recently, and so I cannot again, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Here is the article:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a145630D97.DTL

DD, you need to add Daybreaker to that list. It is sheer laziness when people like this guy and Daybreaker pull the race and nazi card.

I tried to red dot him, but apparently I have red dotted him recently, and so I cannot again, at least for now.
    Yeah, that's the article. I tell you what, I don't know why he thinks that's "their" money. There is nothing that says the city of New Orleans is owed that money. You know what I want to know. Why would a mayor of a city that was so poor and destitute want it to return that way? He should be glad that the government is wanting to change the way things were done. I suppose he's happy that the state had to take over all but 4 of the public schools down there. I suppose he's happy that the reason Katrina devastated New Orleans is because there were too few rules and regulations placed on the money that was given them before. We, Tech fans, get so upset at our administration for doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results, yet some moronic limpwad thinks that it's okay for a racist mayor to want funds with no regulations on how it is to be used so that operations can go on as it did before. People want to blame the state and federal governments for failing New Orleans. I blame them too, but for a different reason. I blame them for not putting rules and regulations to begin with on the money they gave the levee boards and the city and not making sure those were followed, and that has nothing to do with race.

I'll tell you what else pisses me off. Dumbasses who try to maintain "these people" are trying to recover from this tragedy. That's bullshit. They have already recovered. All they did was transfer their ability to live off of the government from one city to a new city. They didn't have jack to begin with. They made their decisions in life. I didn't. Yeah, there are people who are trying to recover. I see them in their trailers in New Orleans working on their houses every free minute they have. They are the rare exceptions of the city and cover all races. The majority of them, however, are just looking for another teat to suckle. I don't feel sorry for them just like I don't feel sorry for those dumbasses, regardless of race, that go to work in war torn countries and anti-American countries to make more money and get killed or kidnapped. They made their decisions. I just recently left a damn good paying job because my life was put in danger as a part of my duties. I was in the middle of fighting a 200 foot chemical fire with tanks and lines blowing all around me. It didn't take me long to figure out that could happen again, and I wasn't going to be around when it did. Fortunately the Lord blessed me with a medical reason to leave and still get paid until I could get my business going. But you know what, He does that when you take control of your situation and trust that He will provide for you.

Do I feel pain that some of these people lost loved ones and some properties. Of course, I do. However, it is up to them to take advantage of the situation they have been given and do something different to progress their lives and get ahead instead of waiting for the government to put them back in the same type of dilapidated housing and back in poverty. The ironic thing is that Katrina has offered up just as many opportunities to be successful and make money as it has delivered devastating blows. Unfortunately, those who are used to being given everything don't want to work to take advantage of these opportunities.

Varsity Bulldog Hcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

You don't even know me, you little bitch. I'll tell you what though, since you are such a Tech fan, I'm sure you'll be at some games this year. I'll let you know where I'm going to be and give the chance to meet me and call me a racist to my face. I just came back from sitting on the toilet and the contents I flushed were far more intelligent than you. I'd like to congratulate you on one thing, though. You and Spinoze have become the only 2 people I've put on my ignore list. A very difficult accomplishment.

I wish I had the link to post on here from yesterday's morning advocate the illustrious mayor of New Orleans playing the race card in blaming New Orleans problems on everyone else. The same man who wants a chocolate city. I'm tempted to write in to the paper, although I'm sure there will be plenty of other people who do as well. Ray Nagin is an idiot who can attribute his success to the rhetoric of hatred. He won't win again if he runs in 4 years, I guarantee it. The only reason he won this past election is because the people he rails against enabled him to get his votes from people who still won't be in New Orleans in 4 years from now, therefore taking away their chance to vote again. I guarantee it.

I always sit on the student side to the left of the band. At the Nicholl's state game, I'll have on my old school Tech T-shirt on just so you can easily identify me. I'm pretty sure that when you do spot me out you'll just want to debate politics rather than result to fisticuffs. You'll immediately realize that that's one fight you wont be able to win.
    La.Tech " A women's basketball school, Like it or not!"

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

A. I'm from NO and I didn't find it racist

B. YOU HAVE TO BE RACIST IN ORDER TO FIND SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!

I always sit on the student side to the left of the band. At the Nicholl's state game, I'll have on my old school Tech T-shirt on just so you can easily identify me. I'm pretty sure that when you do spot me out you'll just want to debate politics rather than result to fisticuffs. You'll immediately realize that that's one fight you wont be able to win.
    MAN YOU REALLY ARE A JERK!!! You need to understand something. It is a proven fact that people who talk up about themselves are making up for what they lack. Just something for you to think of.

Thanks Jen for quoting him or else I wouldn't have known what he said. Now my response to him.

Hcet. I'll be happy to take my chances. I'm not too worried about someone who uses the word fisticuffs when talking about fighting. I'll be sure to not take my medication for a couple of days prior so I'll really be fired up.

+ Reply to Thread