+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do?

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

What do you do?

Okay, I will start.

I am currently in sales for a company called Degussa/Stockhausen. I cover North Texas and Oklahoma.

We manufacture commercial and industrial hand soaps.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: What do you do?

Sr. Pipeline Integrity Engineer for CenterPoint Energy. I work with all aspects of Integrity Management for over 8,000 miles of natural gas transmission pipeline in a 7 state area including risk analysis, assessment technologies, process management, etc.

Chris

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I am a Lead Developer for Howstuffworks.com, where you can find out how a wide variety of things work, including the yellow first-down stripe on your TV screen for NFL games. I create a lot of the programming for the Reader Created Content area, which is where our readers can voice their opinions on what they read in our site.

It's kinda funny. I am a journalism graduate working for a news and reference website. But am I a writer? Nope, just a programmer!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I am a Network Technician for Business Technology Group in Ruston, LA. I troubleshoot and install networks from servers, to switches, to cabling, we do it all. Of course, we also do PC repair.

JFord

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

I am an accountant in Ruston, LA for Joan L. Warren CPA APAC. I also am a registered assistant for AIG Financial Advisors, Inc.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

I am an Electrical Engineer with Garver Engineers in Huntsville, Alabama. My "specialty" is airport work, but I get some variety; anything from water/wastewater pump stations to bridge/roadway/parking lot lighting...etc.

Puppy JB is an unknown

I am an Regional Economist with the Corps of Engineers in Vicksburg.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I am a Lead Developer for Howstuffworks.com, where you can find out how a wide variety of things work, including the yellow first-down stripe on your TV screen for NFL games. I create a lot of the programming for the Reader Created Content area, which is where our readers can voice their opinions on what they read in our site.

It's kinda funny. I am a journalism graduate working for a news and reference website. But am I a writer? Nope, just a programmer!
    Cool - I visit your site often.

I am a financial accountant for Williams Co in Tulsa. We are an Oil & Gas Company.
    Go Tech!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I am a Category Analyst for an independant wholesaler (DSD) of alcoholic beverages in the north west corner of Louisiana (from the Ark & Texas border to Arcadia to the east and Coushatta to the south). My job is to design "sets" of cold boxes and hotshelves for reatilers that will maximize profits out of the beer category. I do this by placing the highest profit brands and packages "in your face" and keep lower profit items as hidden as possible. I work with nine different brewries including Miller Brewing Company, Coors Brewing Company, Heineken USA, United States Beverage, Boston Beer Company, McKenzie River, Diageo Guinness USA, & Mark Anthiny,LLC. And, as of today (we add and delete brands daily), I deal with 77 different brands of beer just from my company. And I have data for over 5,000 packages available thoughout the country.

Or as I put it in my profile.....Beer Salesman.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Researcher seeking a PhD at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge. I'm just a drop of blue in a sea of purple. My research is in reverse engineering legacy systems for integration into automaticaly generated code in C++.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

What do I do. That's a good question. Let's see. I get up in the morning and turn the coffee on. While it's brewing, I take the dogs out to do their business. After about 10 minutes, they're done. I bring them in, and fix my first cup of coffee and get on BB&B. After the first cup and about midway through the second, I have to take care of my morning constitution. Then after about 5 minutes, I get back on BB&B. After catching up, I eat a couple pieces of toast then take my methylprednisolone to fight this lung disease. Then I shower and brush my teeth. I get dressed, then get back online to see if anything new has been posted on BB&B. If not, I'll go to my favorite Bigfoot site to see if there have been any new reported sightings around my area. Then I'll check out ESPN, and Fox news. Then I check back on BB&B. Then my wife gets up, so I start moving around trying to look like I'm doing something productive.

As far as an occupation. I did work shift work in one of the production units at one of the chemical plants down here. I left on short term disability in April. This Wednesday, I'm taking over the ownership of a Meineke Car Care Center here on Airline Hwy across from Parkview Baptist and the former Audubon Ford which is now Robinson Brothers ford. We are your total service station now-not just mufflers and brakes anymore. We do it all. Come see us, right service, right price.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I work for the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, the state agency charged with the identification and protection of historic sites and resources throughout the Natural State. I am our office's liason to local historic preservation commissions statewide, and I provide training and technical assistance to these bodies and their staff. Balancing private property rights with shared community heritage is a difficult task, and I want my constituents to have all the resources they need to protect the architectural character of their local historic disitricts while accomodating appropriate change. I also administer a small grant program to assist local governments in pursuit of their historic preservation goals.

Like my profile says, I am a bureaucrat. And proud of it.

Folks said I would never find a job applicable to my political science & history majors. Wrongo, cats! (er, dawgs ...)

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

CPA by trade. Currently CFO for Hogan Hardwoods & Moulding, Inc.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    We do it all. Come see us, right service, right price.
    I guarantee you my business.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    This Wednesday, I'm taking over the ownership of a Meineke Car Care Center here on Airline Hwy across from Parkview Baptist and the former Audubon Ford which is now Robinson Brothers ford. We are your total service station now-not just mufflers and brakes anymore. We do it all. Come see us, right service, right price.
    Got a TECH discount yet?? Maybe a CHAMPS discount?? Oh wait... I can't PROVE my CHAMPS membership yet.

+ Reply to Thread